Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa 25% bonus PQM all 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Copa 25% bonus PQM all 2014

I just got this in my United statement:

Purchase your tickets through any of our direct selling channels° and fly with Copa Airlines between January 1 and December 31, 2014 and earn an additional 25% Premier Qualifying Miles so you can achieve Premier status, maintain or earn the next level.

The link links to Copa and has no registration button. When I try to login as a MP member it doesn't know me. Offer can't be found on United.com, and doesn't list a registration code.

http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/m...icionales.aspx
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pjoalfa

Purchase your tickets through any of our direct selling channels° and fly with Copa Airlines between January 1 and December 31, 2014 and earn an additional 25% Premier Qualifying Miles so you can achieve Premier status, maintain or earn the next level.

The link links to Copa and has no registration button. When I try to login as a MP member it doesn't know me. Offer can't be found on United.com, and doesn't list a registration code.

You don't need to register. The bonus posts automatically. COPA has been running this bonus for the past two years.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This is also being discussed in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-members.html
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Thanks Kacee I didn't know that, I'm a (mostly) abandoned by AA'er in my market.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This is also being discussed in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-members.html
Thanks, though with that title it might have been hard to guess bonus PQMs as being part of the content.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Thanks, though with that title it might have been hard to guess bonus PQMs as being part of the content.
Understood - the 25% PQM discussion in that thread was a digression.

FWIW - all the COPA flights I have taken this year that I bought on copaair.com have had the 25% bonus post. It has taken between 1 and 3 weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Platnium, TK Elite Plus
Same here both in 2013 and in 2014.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold

I think I'm flying south on CM this fall.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
How long does it take to get the 25% bonus usually?
It the 1-3 week the usual time? Anybody had problems in getting this bonus, had to call in order to get it or it works automatically fine?

Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
It the 1-3 week the usual time? Anybody had problems in getting this bonus, had to call in order to get it or it works automatically fine?

Thanks
Never had to call for the 25% PQM bonus. Usually post a few days after the original miles posted.
PQDs on the other hand are complied in the end of each month. They had problem in the end of September and the PQD for my 3 SEP flight did not post until around 20th of October.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
It can take up to 90 days. It has always posted automatically for me.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:07 pm

For the few COPA flights I've taken, the bonus has posted automatically. It can take several weeks as others have noted.

Also, PQDs can take as long as a month to post. There's some sort of "month end sweep" that doesn't necessarily run at the beginning/end of the month.

But there's no registration required. And even though the COPA site mimics UA's MP login and details, most of the actual connections happen behind-the-scenes.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
To confirm, does this bonus apply on tickets purchased at Copaair.com ?

How does the bonus appear on your statement?

I have a flight I did June 2 that I don't see any evidence of a bonus posting for. And I've got 2 more ORD-BOG round trips on Copa since then, and that 25% would make a good difference on closing the gap to 1K.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by raehl311
How does the bonus appear on your statement?
It appears in the "non-airline activity" section.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by raehl311
To confirm, does this bonus apply on tickets purchased at Copaair.com ?
yes
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I would like to know if any experts here could answer this question: for the originally booked ticket on COPA I applied 1 RPU and now COPA agents told me that the UA has the control of the ticket.

does it mean that I will loose the 25% PQM bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.