Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Farewell to Red Carpet Club and President's Club. Welcome to the United Club!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive

Continental's President's Club and United's Red Carpet Club have joined to form United Club.

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,52673,00.html
Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Well the meek did in fact inherit the earth. What a shame!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: Flying Nut
This was a poorly done change over in my opinion. They didn't even intergrate the two club lists into one. They changed the name in the club list on each website but didnt add them to the list on the CO sight at least. The UA site though is showing a potentially new club with COPA in GUA! Also the UA site refers to these as COPA clubs and the CO site refers to them as UA Clubs. Which is it people?

Another interesting change in the on the CO site makes it seem if one is traveling domestic and at an airport with an international lounge that you will not have access. If this is true, it is a change and a devaluation of the membership.

Last edited by Scott6067; Sep 29, 2011 at 4:46 am
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:08 am

Wow,they had some clever marketing/brand folks come up with this one.

They can think up names like GPU, RPU, PQM/PQS but the best they could think of was "United Club"
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Scott6067
Another interesting change in the on the CO site makes it seem if one is traveling domestic and at an airport with an international lounge that you will not have access.
Where does it say that? I see no change in policy. It's still pretty specific that UA/CO elites only have access on international itineraries.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
United Clubs this weekend

On both the CO and UA websites, they are showing the changes regarding that the PCs and RCCs will be called the United Clubs this coming weekend. (Though there is no combined list of the club at the moment--still two separate lists.)

I was hoping that those who are travelling this coming weekend could post observations on the new name and branding. Are there new signs on the outside and what are the changes like regarding the food and alcohol? Is this happening at all the lounges or just select ones?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:32 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I will be passing through three UA lounge locations on Saturday and will note any changes, but as far as food/beverages I think we've already seen the selections align with CO's offerings.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Where does it say that? I see no change in policy. It's still pretty specific that UA/CO elites only have access on international itineraries.
I was refering to United Club members not star gold. Sorry for not clarifying.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
yay, all you can eat walkers shortbread and chex mix. Theyre so good to us.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Now if we could just get our own soda! LGA, ORD B concourse and a few other clubs have self serve Coke machines or refrigerators and I wish that all United Clubs (I prefer to call it Red President's Carpet) would adopt this policy. After a long day it's never fun to deal with slow,surly bartenders like the ones at LAX or ORD C.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Interesting.. T&Cs now show you have to be 21+ to be a member. I wonder what becomes of those 18-20 that purchased memberships under the old rules.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
So, safe to assume when flying domestic F on CO metal, no longer can get in like we used to?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Be passing through both sides of the house over the weekend (IAD on Friday and EWR on Sunday). Interesting to see how it looks.

Safe Travels!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver, and HH Diamond
I will be going through ORD (Monday) and DEN (Thursday) be interesting to see if they actually changed anything.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Interesting.. T&Cs now show you have to be 21+ to be a member. I wonder what becomes of those 18-20 that purchased memberships under the old rules.
fwiw, if you are 18-20, and currently have a membership, you will still be able to access the RCCs. Once that membership expires, you will be subject to the new rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.