Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Did you use 4 GPUs for one passenger flying MIA-HNL-MIA return? That's 2 more than necessary.

Also, if only the MIA-EWR segment clears the GPU is considered redeemed.
Lol, no. There are 2 pax on the res. Also, my sponsor agreed to pull them at T-3 should it not clear
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
.... Also, my sponsor agreed to pull them at T-3 should it not clear
That's not quite the way it works. If you want to pull the GPUs, you will need to successful downgrade the upgraded segments first. Also the trend seems to be if you do not clear prior to check-in, it will most likely go to gate for upgrades.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Changing later legs on award while already half way through possible?

Hi Flyertalk!

I have a question that is probably pretty simple to some of you who with more experience with award flights:

I'm wondering if I can change legs of an award flight booked with United miles after having already flown my first leg? And if so: is that free if the to-be-changed leg is more than 21 days away?

My actual plan is to fly:
1. BOS-FRA-TXL (destination; 1st open jaw)
2. BSL-FRA-BOS (stopover)
3. BOS-SFO (2nd open jaw)

I do know the times for 1. and 2. but not for 3. and so I would like to put that somewhere in the summer and change it (hopefully for free) once I know when I want to go.

Does anybody know if that works?

Thanks in advance!
petzpanz
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I booked a flight on United through my mandatory corporate online travel agency. However, I used my USAir FF # to finish off getting Silver. Now, the trip does not show up on my United account. I can manually enter the confirmation number and see it, but that's really annoying. Any advice?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brettalb
I booked a flight on United through my mandatory corporate online travel agency. However, I used my USAir FF # to finish off getting Silver. Now, the trip does not show up on my United account. I can manually enter the confirmation number and see it, but that's really annoying. Any advice?
Not sure what you would expect to be different -- without your MP number attached, the system does not know which account to link the resevation to. There can only be one FF # in the PNR. The workaround is what you have found (manually enter the confirmation number). If it had been booked online from your MP account (versus the corprorate treavel system) it would have been displayed.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by petzpanz
Does anybody know if that works?
Should be fine.
Originally Posted by brettalb
Leave the UA FF# in until check-in and change it then. It doesn't do you any good having the US # in there now.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:04 am

Question on system wide upgrade

Can I upgrade a GRU-ORD-HKG flight using a single SWU certificate?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by ckn2
Can I upgrade a GRU-ORD-HKG flight using a single SWU certificate?
yes, if the connection time in ORD does not exceed 12 hours.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, former AA Gold
On "speeding up" miles posting and jumps in status

Hi and thank you in advance for any advice. (I searched for a response to this topic, but couldn't find anything.)

I'm at 48,205 PQM YTD, and scheduled to fly BUF-CLE-SFO on an upcoming Thursday afternoon/evening. I'm currently Silver Elite. My return flight is on a Saturday afternoon, and I just found out that I may have to push it back to a red-eye due to potential Saturday meetings.

I would ideally like to SDC it for free as a newly-minted Gold, but rarely (in my experience) do miles post to my MP account that quickly.

Is it possible to "speed up" posting the miles and earning the status by calling the MPSC or emailing customer service?

Or might UA refund or waive my $75 charge for a SDC when I call in before my miles post (but after a qualifying flight)?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by happenstance3
Hi and thank you in advance for any advice. (I searched for a response to this topic, but couldn't find anything.)

I'm at 48,205 PQM YTD, and scheduled to fly BUF-CLE-SFO on an upcoming Thursday afternoon/evening. I'm currently Silver Elite. My return flight is on a Saturday afternoon, and I just found out that I may have to push it back to a red-eye due to potential Saturday meetings.

I would ideally like to SDC it for free as a newly-minted Gold, but rarely (in my experience) do miles post to my MP account that quickly.

Is it possible to "speed up" posting the miles and earning the status by calling the MPSC or emailing customer service?

Or might UA refund or waive my $75 charge for a SDC when I call in before my miles post (but after a qualifying flight)?
OnePass used to do this sometimes if you called in, and they saw you had the booking to get you to Gold anyways - they'd grant you early Gold basically. MP didn't. You can call and try, but I'd do it ASAP, so that it posts on time.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:17 pm

Anyone have a Chase Presidential Plus card?

Anyone use the 2for1 companion ticket benefit without major trouble? I tried and was unable to use this benefit.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by pyat
Anyone use the 2for1 companion ticket benefit without major trouble? I tried and was unable to use this benefit.
are you referring to the 2for1 companion business class benefit?
(there is a differen 2for1 economy class companion for one of the earlier MP Chase cards).
What difficult are you having?

It is not a particularily great benefit since you are required to purchase one full fare ticket which tends to be 2x the cost of discounted business tickets.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-offering.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...f-benefit.html
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
are you referring to the 2for1 companion business class benefit?
(there is a differen 2for1 economy class companion for one of the earlier MP Chase cards).
What difficult are you having?

It is not a particularily great benefit since you are required to purchase one full fare ticket which tends to be 2x the cost of discounted business tickets.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-offering.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...f-benefit.html
This is for the Bus/1st ticket on the Pres Plus card from Chase. Had the same with Continental but never any problems.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by pyat
This is for the Bus/1st ticket on the Pres Plus card from Chase. Had the same with Continental but never any problems.
the referenced threads are from the pre-merger CO Forum and the terms have not changed. Some of the previous UA reservation folks may be unfamiliar with the T&Cs. BTW you should be dealing with UA and not Chase.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Have a simple question about the consolidated UA/CO? Ask here.

Question about UA award bookings--

I recently booked HKG-NAN via ICN, SYD, AKL (OZ , NZ), and bought miles based upon flown miles on the reservations page for ~.02 cpm. I might have to cancel my trip, so my question is when I cancel do they take away the purchased miles and refund me for the miles I purchased?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.