Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
CODBAUA???

This question may have been asked but what does COdbaUA mean?

I get the gist of what it means but I wanted to know the actual definition.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I believe I was the first to say it. I was inspired by UX doing business as United Airlines, or however they first described the Frankenflights.

COdbaUA perfectly describes the policies now. Not 100% CO, but much more than UA.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by annezbillb
Anybody know if there is a chance of getting a re-configured 764 ofr my 10+ hour flight to HNL in mid September? Seems like we deserve the flat beds but it does not look like the high density planes have been reconfigured yet?
According to my neighbor (pmUA employee) this will NEVER occur. There is no competition in the market for this kind of plane.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:40 am

Anybody know if there is a chance of getting a re-configured 764 ofr my 10+ hour flight to HNL in mid September? Seems like we deserve the flat beds but it does not look like the high density planes have been reconfigured yet?
The 76H aircraft aren't confirmed on getting flatbed seating at this time, however don't hold out hope that your flight won't get a flatbed aircraft as it sometimes operates flights to HNL.

Originally Posted by shortkidd
According to my neighbor (pmUA employee) this will NEVER occur. There is no competition in the market for this kind of plane.
Your neighbor isnt exactly right since we on the sCO side have flown the flatbed 764 into IAD from HNL before.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Aug 19, 2012 at 12:49 am Reason: To merge consecutive posts of same member.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by shortkidd
This question may have been asked but what does COdbaUA mean?

I get the gist of what it means but I wanted to know the actual definition.
The acronym COdbaUA means Continental Airlines doing business as United Airlines.

As for the actual definition that will vary by user of the acronym

Personally I find the acronym dated as at this point it is United dba as a poorly run company.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Beerman92
The acronym COdbaUA means Continental Airlines doing business as United Airlines.

As for the actual definition that will vary by user of the acronym

Personally I find the acronym dated as at this point it is United dba as a poorly run company.
Thank you for the answer.....I actually LOL at that....your reasoning is exactly the reasoning I have come to the conclusion to switch to something else. Change is good right?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is a chance it will happen but don't expect it.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:47 am

I recently had a lengthly discussion with a Mileage Plus agent about missing miles from this summer's promo. The agent spoke very poor english and had a hard time understanding what I was saying. Eventually I gave up and UA will get to keep 5000 miles that actually belong to me. My question is whether Mileage Plus offshore's some agents? She sounded like she might be in the Philippines. I was under the impression that all MP agents were based in South Dakota. Am I wrong?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Brattflyer
My question is whether Mileage Plus offshore's some agents? She sounded like she might be in the Philippines. I was under the impression that all MP agents were based in South Dakota. Am I wrong?
I believe that off-hours you will get agents in off-shore call centers. A number of folks have reported such.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by chris1234
Does anybody know what the wording in the fare rules means when combining changeable and non-changeable fares and making a change to the segments booked in the changeable fare class? I'm looking at booking WLXNCGBW ex-LHR and BFFGBW on the way back.

In the B fare fare rules, it says "NO CHARGE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS", which would suggest that no charge is due since it would be the only changed fare component?

I had been told previously that the highest change fee would always apply, but don't remember seeing the "of all changed fare components" wording before, specifically the "changed" part.

christian
The safest bet is to call a reservations agent and ask him/her to look at your fare rules. However don't be surprised if the W fare rules apply to your whole itin, as I experienced when I booked and subsequently changed a itin to AMS a few weeks ago. Upon booking, it warned me that the whole itin was governed by the most restrictive rules. I had D on 2segments and Z on the others and when I changed it I got hit with the Z change fee.

I haven't seen that language before about the certain "changed fare components" either; that is why I suggest calling to ask a reservations agent.

Originally Posted by DWFI
Just want to clear something up on how it works with SHARES.

If I manage to cross 100K EQM this year, do the GPUs still post immediately or with a few days lag? Does anyone know from experience how long that lag is these days?
It was a little slow last week (when I hit 100K PQMs), taking 5 days to post, but this week it has taken 3 days to post. Excluding the March post-integration madness, 5 days was the longest time I have experienced. My G/RPUs hit my account the same day as the RDMs and PQMs.

I wouldn't do a mileage run in December, just to be safe.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by redwoman
I wouldn't do a mileage run in December, just to be safe.
Even if it takes 3-5 days to post the activity date is based on when you actually fly. No need to worry about a December MR.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Have a simple question about the consolidated UA/CO? Ask here.

quick question:
how many miles do I need for a one way trip from BOS to NRT? is it the same no matter if it's one way or round trip? because I've only been finding 65k
and is this comparable to, say, one world airlines?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!,imslippy
Originally Posted by imslippy
.... how many miles do I need for a one way trip from BOS to NRT?...
BOS-NRT OW economy saver is 32.5K miles and if saver not available, a standard OW award is 65K.
RT is 2x OW miles.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Have a simple question about the consolidated UA/CO? Ask here.

thank you very much =]
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Question about booking 2 RT from LHR-EWR around Christmas time.

Flight Info:
Dec 14th UA115
Dec 30th UA28

Questions:
1. Does UA do anything for flights flying on NYE to celebrate? (We would be using GPUs so we would be both be in BF)

2. I was hoping to use some chase UR to subsidize the cost of one of the tickets (i have about $110 worth). Is there a way on the UR to book a ticket and specify fare classes (lowest outbound and W return)?

3. If i then book the second ticket on UA.com using a $100 in my travel bank would I be able to then combine both tickets to one record afterwards?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.