Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No more UA agent at FRA lounge. She said go to the gate or the Service Desk at gate 12. (I think I got that right, I’m pretty groggy).
I asked when it ended but not sure if she understood me - she started looking something up in the computer and I didn’t want to wait around.

p.s. The Service Desk was manned when I passed at 7:30am but with a long line

Last edited by chavala; Mar 17, 2019 at 2:48 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
No more UA agent at FRA lounge. She said go to the gate or the Service Desk at gate 12. (I think I got that right, I’m pretty groggy).
I asked when it ended but not sure if she understood me - she started looking something up in the computer and I didn’t want to wait around.

oh wow, that sucks. They were definitely there in January. Hmmmm. What time of the day was it?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chavala

I wonder if you just got there too early? I'll be passing through FRA in a couple of weeks and if I can remember I'll check it out.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TomMM
I wonder if you just got there too early? I'll be passing through FRA in a couple of weeks and if I can remember I'll check it out.
Hopefully you can report before April 3 as I'm connecting in FRA on a UA return flight to the US that day. I have not done connections in FRA in 7 years when I was still flying USAirways and it was a pain then. Finding PZ>0 at booking made me book this connection but I'm really not looking forward to it.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I fly EWR-FRA on April 3rd.

I find FRA to be the dreariest airport I connect through. So much so that I usually exit the airport and take a walk instead of remaining in the terminal waiting for my connection.
StuckinITH likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Sorry, I fly EWR-FRA on April 3rd.

I find FRA to be the dreariest airport I connect through. So much so that I usually exit the airport and take a walk instead of remaining in the terminal waiting for my connection.
A -> Z connections are among the easiest and quickest I know. Decent lounges. What is so terrifying w/ FRA connections?
findark likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
A -> Z connections are among the easiest and quickest I know. Decent lounges. What is so terrifying w/ FRA connections?
Nothing I am referring to the atmosphere of the airport. I am usually on the early ORD-FRA flight and arriving into FRA anywhere between 5 AM-6 AM I find the terminal depressing. LH lounges are nice but after 6 years of connecting there I don't really care to spend time there. Much prefer the fresh air after spending 7-8 hours on a flight. Found a nice walking route out into the country around the airport.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Nothing I am referring to the atmosphere of the airport. I am usually on the early ORD-FRA flight and arriving into FRA anywhere between 5 AM-6 AM I find the terminal depressing. LH lounges are nice but after 6 years of connecting there I don't really care to spend time there. Much prefer the fresh air after spending 7-8 hours on a flight. Found a nice walking route out into the country around the airport.
Agree with you about FRA. On longer layovers I have taken walking tours into the city. Would be great to see FRA turn their airport into a destination airport like SIN.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Try MUC instead, it is the exact opposite of FRA.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Try MUC instead, it is the exact opposite of FRA.
My only issue with MUC is the second degree grilling I get there when connecting to a US flight. They take it to a whole new level. However, easy airport to connect through.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cfischer
What is so terrifying w/ FRA connections?
Dreary != terrifying.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
My only issue with MUC is the second degree grilling I get there when connecting to a US flight. They take it to a whole new level. However, easy airport to connect through.
Is that special to MUC?

Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Dreary != terrifying.
FRA has its issues, but it is, at least in my book, not such a terrible airport.

This comes from a MUC fanboy, taxiing on a MUC taxiway as I am writing this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Is that special to MUC?

No not special. It happens LHR, IST, FRA, MAN, SYD, SIN, HKG, GRU, ATH, CAI, KEF, PVG, CDG, PEK etc, but in MUC I have always experienced longer and more detailed questioning. They seem to find the number of stamps in my passport somewhat concerning...
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
No not special. It happens LHR, IST, FRA, MAN, SYD, SIN, HKG, GRU, ATH, CAI, KEF, PVG, CDG, PEK etc, but in MUC I have always experienced longer and more detailed questioning. They seem to find the number of stamps in my passport somewhat concerning...
That doesn’t surprise me: MUC is in Bavaria, which is similar to Texas: more conservative, more thorough, everything‘s bigger (particularly the beers and food portions ), lots of important industry etc. — but it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.