Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 3:23 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Fly safe and live vicariously, Tom. Auto is one of my supply chain customers and they are a great bunch to work with, I agree.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
15 Million Strong!

Hit 15 million tonight on my flight from LAX-SYD. Seems like only yesterday when I hit 10 million. There has been some bumps, but overall...smooth sailing.
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:49 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Hit 15 million tonight on my flight from LAX-SYD. Seems like only yesterday when I hit 10 million. There has been some bumps, but overall...smooth sailing.
Congrats Tom. Truly an achievement to be celebrated.

Do you track/map your flights with a website like FlightDiary or OpenFlights? Would love to see them.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Congrats! Thats awesome
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Wow, Amazing! I assume that includes the uplift UA did at the merger? I am curious how many true BIS that is. I know the 10M was all BIS since before the merger, right?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
15 Million -- amazing. Congrats on this milestone.

Will you hit 20? 25? I sort of hope not.. for your sake!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: AADULtArer
I hope you had extra blankets on your trip....
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by noah
15 Million -- amazing. Congrats on this milestone.

Will you hit 20? 25? I sort of hope not.. for your sake!
Tom recently posted in the PQM roll call thread that he envisioned slowing down and not reaching 20MM. Retirement in the near future???
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Congratulations! Hope you continue to enjoy flying but also learn to slow down to enjoy the more important things in life.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Congratulations! I keep hoping to run into you in a lounge somewhere!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Congrats Tom. I frequently see you in the ORD GFL but I figured I'd leave you alone (I get your virus emails from time to time too). You must be tired of us mortal groupies.

I was there when you hit 10M and that does seem like yesterday. Congrats again!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by blueman2
Wow, Amazing! I assume that includes the uplift UA did at the merger? I am curious how many true BIS that is. I know the 10M was all BIS since before the merger, right?
12 million plus BIS. I got a 2.9 million bump.

Originally Posted by jgsx
Congrats Tom. I frequently see you in the ORD GFL but I figured I'd leave you alone (I get your virus emails from time to time too). You must be tired of us mortal groupies.

I was there when you hit 10M and that does seem like yesterday. Congrats again!
Don't be a stranger in the lounge. At least let me apologize for those emails!!

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Congratulations! Hope you continue to enjoy flying but also learn to slow down to enjoy the more important things in life.
Just spent Thanksgiving with the family in Hawaii ,I am here in Melbourne after attending my best friend's charity event yesterday to help raise over 200,000 dollars for children's cancer(in honor of his son who died 10 years ago at 2 1/2 years old from brain cancer) I am spending this weekend in San Diego with my wife, flying my family to Chicago the following weekend for a family reunion the following weekend and then Taking my wife to Binton and Singapore for Christmas vacation. I don't know about the slowing down part, but I never lose sight on the important things.....my family and my friends.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 3, 2013 at 2:49 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
12 million plus BIS. I got a 2.9 million bump.
That's almost halfway from the Earth to Venus (at its closest point)!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Congrats Tom! Enjoyed your TV show as well. Watched up in the air last week and thought the whole time "This guy has nothing on Tom"
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:10 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Congratulations, Tom. UA will have to throw you another shindig at a hub of your choice and maybe create a new level to recognize this unique achievement: lifetime super, titanium, zirconium + 15 other rare earth elements!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.