Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Greetings from Hong Kong (2:45 am)! I appreciate all the nice words and hope to celebrate the big day with you! I still plan to make the trip MEL-SYD-LAX-ORD-EWR. That would be my first choice. I would also like it to be on a Friday or Saturday. As far as a doo....it could only be in Chicago..my hometown...the home of United and the soon to be world champion Bulls!
Way to go Tom! The greatest of congratulations to you!

I am all for a Do in Chicago! And with it being a celebratory get together for you.... would definitely want to be there! You're the best!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:57 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Tom, this is an epic achievement. And I'd like to volunteer to write a few words. I'm no journo, so don't expect much.

I'm going to tag along if at all possible. So keep us posted re the final dates and I'll get cracking re finding seats and figuring out what the hell I'm going to tell my wife. And clients.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:38 pm

Wish I could join. Many congratulations from Europe.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:39 pm

congrats Tom!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
I wonder, would you stay with UA/CO if and when they remove International F?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan, UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles
Out of curiosity ua1flyer, how long has this achievement taken you to accomplish? Sorry if it's been asked already...
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by eightblack
Tom, this is an epic achievement. And I'd like to volunteer to write a few words. I'm no journo, so don't expect much.

I'm going to tag along if at all possible. So keep us posted re the final dates and I'll get cracking re finding seats and figuring out what the hell I'm going to tell my wife. And clients.
If anyone can write a compelling piece, it's my friend Eightblack!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Congratulations Tom!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Congrats UA1Flyer on this remarkable Mile Marker! Was a pleasure meeting you at the SFO DO & would really love to be there for the Friday festivities @LAX plus Sat fun @ORD. Is the target weekend July 8, 9 & 10th? Naturally, the DEQM for SFO-LAX-ORD flights would just be another bonus to a great celebratory weekend.
Still aiming for that weekend. I will lock down more details next week. Less than 50,000 to go!

Originally Posted by saaws
I wonder, would you stay with UA/CO if and when they remove International F?
I will be true to United in all my travels now and after the merger.

Originally Posted by wbasc
Out of curiosity ua1flyer, how long has this achievement taken you to accomplish? Sorry if it's been asked already...
Although I have been a Mileage Plus member from almost it's inception, I have flown 9 of the 10 million in the last 20 years.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 2, 2011 at 12:27 pm Reason: merge
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack

If you or anyone coming along for the ride wants an upgrade, I will provide them on a first come first serve basis.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Still aiming for that weekend. I will lock down more details next week. Less than 50,000 to go!
I've got that weekend penciled in and am eagerly awaiting details on which flight will be the one so that I can start to fill in connections around it.

If you or anyone coming along for the ride wants an upgrade, I will provide them on a first come first serve basis.
Yes, please!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

So one of the targets for FT fun is Saturday, July 9, at ORD? Any idea when or where?

And separately from that, are the UA execs going to meet you at some point to congratulate their one and only 10 MM flyer?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
So one of the targets for FT fun is Saturday, July 9, at ORD? Any idea when or where?

And separately from that, are the UA execs going to meet you at some point to congratulate their one and only 10 MM flyer?
As of now, I would say the exact flight will be the 11:00am LAX to ORD. It's a 757 with over 12 first class seats still available. Will confirm next week.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Are you hoping to have Smisek sitting next to you on that flight?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Are you hoping to have Smisek sitting next to you on that flight?
I think Smisek should consider it a privilege to sit next to ua1flyer on that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.