Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
I'm confused. I thought you already passed 21 million. Did you mean 22 million in the next two months and 23 million by December?
OMG! Now you can add “Old-Timers ‘ to the list of my latest developments ! Yes, you are right. 22 in the next 2 months and hopefully 23 in December. That makes more sense, because I always thought I would be about 69 not 70 when I hit 25 million.
kirkwoodj, Howste and Kitto like this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
OMG! Now you can add “Old-Timers ‘ to the list of my latest developments ! Yes, you are right. 22 in the next 2 months and hopefully 23 in December. That makes more sense, because I always thought I would be about 69 not 70 when I hit 25 million.

You might be the only person in history who [understandably] can't keep track of their current lifetime MM number.....it just changes too fast!
Kitto likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:32 am

I’m curious how often you end up flying non UA flights?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Lifetimenotelite
I’m curious how often you end up flying non UA flights?
probably an average of 6-10 times a year. Mostly international segments.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:22 am

probably an average of 6-10 times a year. Mostly international segments.
Im only a 1MM but I have a ton of lifetime BIS miles that went elsewhere due to UA route changes.

Did the UA removal of NRT-SIN or HKG-SIN impact you much? Used to fly those quire regularly and lost even more MM miles once they went to ANA codeshare flights.

What flights do you end up on non UA metal mostly?

Once you are over either pond there’s not many UA flights to grab anymore.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Lifetimenotelite
Im only a 1MM but I have a ton of lifetime BIS miles that went elsewhere due to UA route changes.

Did the UA removal of NRT-SIN or HKG-SIN impact you much? Used to fly those quire regularly and lost even more MM miles once they went to ANA codeshare flights.

What flights do you end up on non UA metal mostly?

Once you are over either pond there’s not many UA flights to grab anymore.
Flights within Australia,Thai Air in and around Thailand and Lufthansa around Europe. Hong Kong-Bangkok-Phuket the most common of all. It’s a vacation spot twice a year. The rest are usually one offs or once every few years.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:40 am

Passing 21,900,000 tonight flying home from Cape Town. I’ll probably hit 22 million miles in March. Some people talked about a possible meet up. I’ll probably be able to pinpoint the exact date and flight in about a week to 10 days.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:54 am

Hey Tom, I hope you doing well just wondering if your travels are being impacted the Coronavirus travel restrictions?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by GSunitedloyal
Hey Tom, I hope you doing well just wondering if your travels are being impacted the Coronavirus travel restrictions?
Actually I am. I’ve been diagnosed wit 4 different things last month and this week with immune deficiency ( hope I got that right) . So virus or no virus, got to take some time to stay home and focus on health. I did cancel my spring break trip to Thailand for early April, and this week I will cancel 2 cruises my wife and I planned. One was a Crystal starting in Venice ending in Rome , the other was a Seabourne Starting in Monte Carlo and ending in Lisbon or Barcelona. Those decisions were virus related. Originally thought I would fly about 1.3 million this year , probably might end my streak of 6 years at 1 million plus BIS . I will hit 22 million BIS next Thursday on a Melbourne to Newark flight. I projected 23 million in December. It’s more likely to be next spring army earliest . I think our government and airlines are doing a Terrible job dealing with the virus and there are very simple measures that can make us all fly safer!!!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:14 am

I think our government and airlines are doing a Terrible job dealing with the virus and there are very simple measures that can make us all fly safer!!!
Out of curiosity, what do you think United could be doing better?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by bmw303
Out of curiosity, what do you think United could be doing better?
all airlines (TSA) should be testing people BEFORE they go through security , not just when people come off a 14 hour flight shared in close quarters with a few hundred people. Just saying . Sick people should not be allowed to even go through security.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

all airlines (TSA) should be testing people BEFORE they go through security , not just when people come off a 14 hour flight shared in close quarters with a few hundred people. Just saying . Sick people should not be allowed to even go through security.
They rarely seem to be testing people even after a 14 hour flight.

Screening and testing should definitely be taken much more seriously than it is being done now.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
TSA can't test people coming into the US from other countries. To be effective they'd need to be denied boarding before they got on that 14 hr flight. Taking this idea a step further, actual testing is not instantaneous. Taking temporal temperature isn't conclusive in itself of whether is person is infected. Only that they have an elevated temperature for some reason.

This is why education is key and the onus falls on INDIVIDUALS, not the govt, to be aware of symptoms and self identify.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by gmt4
TSA can't test people coming into the US from other countries. To be effective they'd need to be denied boarding before they got on that 14 hr flight. Taking this idea a step further, actual testing is not instantaneous. Taking temporal temperature isn't conclusive in itself of whether is person is infected. Only that they have an elevated temperature for some reason.

This is why education is key and the onus falls on INDIVIDUALS, not the govt, to be aware of symptoms and self identify.
. You make a great point. Maybe the airlines could have one of the hand sanitizing dispensers right at the boarding area and maybe offer sanitary wipes or something for individuals to disinfect their seating area.
wxguy and drewguy like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:22 am

I hope you get well soon please keep us posted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.