Gatwick Express discount promo code?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick Express discount promo code?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Which is refundable if you miss the train, as long as you don't collect the ticket at the self-service machine.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:39 am

Tks - good suggestions..Great tip knowing the ticket is refundable!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Which is refundable if you miss the train, as long as you don't collect the ticket at the self-service machine.
Though the "Money Back Guarantee" (used to be called "Rainy Day Guarantee") only applies if you buy the tickets via the Southern website.

Furthermore, the refund procedure isn't entirely straightforward - one needs to print, fill out and send (to a freepost address) a refund form, and then according to the last FAQ on this page (the italics are my emphasis)...

How long will it take Southern to refund the cost of my ticket?
We aim to process all refunds within 10 working days. All refunds have to be processed back to customers according to the original payment method. If you purchased your ticket using a debit/credit card, a member of the Refunds team will contact you by telephone to obtain your card details in order to process the refund.
Which seems a rather clunky way of doing things. All in all I don't think this Money Back Guarantee seems particularly suited to short-term visitors to the UK.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That is true. I am not enthusiastically recommending Southern Advance tickets, merely pointing out the flexibility available. I always use the FCC ONLY option.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
And yet ...

My upcoming Victoria to LGW rtn, seems to be pricing up cheaper on the GEX.

About 41 rtn for the two of us on a WebDuo fare.
Southern seem to be wanting 27rtn each, and Adv singles seem expensive at 5:02 am.

All well and good, but the GEX online booking engine is as clunky as an old bus. Two attempts so far and 'sorry - try again later'

Really don't like the GEX since they made it barriersville .. print & scan on-board per HEX far more civilised.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The FCC secret is out. I'm on a train at the moment and it is full and standing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.