Wiki Posts
Search

What to do on First Day in London

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Walk from Paddington down Edgware Road, through Hyde Park, past Buckingham Palace and through St James Park to Parliament Sqaure. From there, cross Westminster Bridge and stroll eastwards along the Thames to Tower Bridge. It will take 2-3 hours but give you a fab introduction. If you fancy this, post back and I'll pull together some eating/drinking options along the way.
(take note graraps)
I'm just heading out tomorrow and will be alone for 2 days in London..........eating and drinking en route on this walk sounds like a great first day....so I would welcome the posting.

also --is there anything particularly "christmasy" I should see? I have been in London a few times but never close to the Holidays.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: UAGM (former 1P), Hilton Gold (former Diamond), heading for dirt.
After the flight

I'm going to second the recommendations for the Big Bus tour or a river tour. You want to keep moving but you're probably going to be pretty worn out to start so just take it easy. You might want to consider one of the London Walks if you want to move a bit faster.
It's January so dress warm.
Have a great trip!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Walk. If you are up for it, you could walk from Paddington down Edgware Road, through Hyde Park, past Buckingham Palace and through St James Park to Parliament Sqaure. From there, cross Westminster Bridge and stroll eastwards along the Thames to Tower Bridge. It will take 2-3 hours but give you a fab introduction. If you fancy this, post back and I'll pull together some eating/drinking options along the way.

I hope you enjoy Cornwall, it's a lovely part of the world. Indeed, one of the few parts of the UK outside London worth visiting. (take note graraps)
Swanhunter, that is a fabulous walk and I would love to do it myself, only not after a long flight. You all have cream in the UK so rich and thick that it is a desert all by itself. To say nothing of scrumptious pastries and exceptional restaurants. Yet, everyone (or most everyone) is so trim...must be the walking. By the way, I share your opinion of Cornwall...it is indeed lovely and many of the views are nothing short of spectacular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.