Search
Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

Local lockdowns in the UK

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
In that regard all the EU can do is guide. You would expect some member states will stick to their guns and look for reciprocity whereas others who are more dependant on tourism from outside the EU will tolerate their citizens/residents not being treated equally.

frankly i'd be shocked if this ends up as anything but posturing.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
frankly i'd be shocked if this ends up as anything but posturing.
Having a relatively harmonised approach to third country restrictions makes it less likely that embarrassing and politically damaging conflicts between intra EU travel arrangements (under the EU Digital Certificate, which is really what the EU priority is and which is intended to have some underlying legislative backing) and third country travel occur. The optics of countries making it easier for third country citizens to be admitted versus EU citizens would be incredibly damaging. But different member states have different priorities, particularly those then rely on third country tourism.
VSLover likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Daily data:

Cases 1,649 (2,064 last Sunday)
Deaths 1 (6)
People vaccinated up to and including 2 May 2021:
First dose: 34,588,600
Second dose: 15,500,949

I had to resort to the twitter feed for this today, so an incomplete set of data. We were so close to a day without deaths today - let's hope that comes soon. The last time we had a day with just one death was the 30th August.
Old May 3, 2021, 11:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For some reason the data platform is stuck, but your figures are correct. Just to amplify slightly

New positive cases: 1649 = 22.65 per 100k per 7 days, or 47.28 per 14 days PHE version, 45.64 on ECDC version. 6.4% reduction over 7 days.
Deaths 1 (yes one) - rolling average last 7 days = 15, so 39.7% reduction over 7 days
First jabs: 34,588,600 = 65.7% of adult population
Second jabs 15,500,949 = 29.4% of adult population
paulaf, alex67500, squawk and 1 others like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 11:53 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Edit: mistaken
Old May 3, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Time for people in the 30's hopefully after tomorrow?
Old May 3, 2021, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by itisme
Time for people in the 30's hopefully after tomorrow?
Yes, it's not far off at all, but it will start at the top of the decade.

When is young @KARFA having his shot?
antichef, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

It's 39.8 and above right now right? Did they decide what to vaccinate the 30-39 year olds with?
Old May 3, 2021, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
It's 39.8 and above right now right? Did they decide what to vaccinate the 30-39 year olds with?
For healthy adults aged 30 and over without underlying complications, they can have any of the three vaccines currently offered. Under 30s are being steered away from AZ but it's not a total block, someone under 30 can give informed consent for AZ.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:23 pm

any of the three vaccines currently offered
Did I miss when Novavax began being rolled out? A friend on social media posted a picture of the (non-identifiable) bit of his record card today and it said Novavax.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by squawk
Did I miss when Novavax began being rolled out? A friend on social media posted a picture of the (non-identifiable) bit of his record card today and it said Novavax.
It's been with MHRA since mid April, no news yet on that. But people have been getting it on the Mixing trial known as Com-COV. And there will be those on Phase III too.
squawk likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by KARFA
After some reflection, I think you may have a point VickiSoCal and those vaccinated should be allowed to travel without self isolation and tests - it seems a very sensible idea now I think about it.

In other unrelated news, I have finally been allowed to book my first jab

Can't be long now. He's even decided we're not all in this together anymore
Old May 3, 2021, 2:55 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
For healthy adults aged 30 and over without underlying complications, they can have any of the three vaccines currently offered. Under 30s are being steered away from AZ but it's not a total block, someone under 30 can give informed consent for AZ.
CWS, is there anyway to know which locations have Pfizer in London?
Old May 3, 2021, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
CWS, is there anyway to know which locations have Pfizer in London?
Not reliably. The pharmacies won't have Pfizer on the whole, but everywhere else would have both Pfizer and AZ, and the mass centres would have Moderna as well. Each centre will typically have a Pfizer day, with the vaccine changing the next day or day after, so it's a bit of a lottery where they are on the cycle. Moreover if the focus is on second doses, which it evidently is at the moment, this has to be related back to those who got their first dose some 10 weeks ago. If there was burst of Pfizer 10 weeks back, then it has to be duplicated now. So in short, there are too many moving parts here.
Old May 3, 2021, 3:10 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Not reliably. The pharmacies won't have Pfizer on the whole, but everywhere else would have both Pfizer and AZ, and the mass centres would have Moderna as well. Each centre will typically have a Pfizer day, with the vaccine changing the next day or day after, so it's a bit of a lottery where they are on the cycle. Moreover if the focus is on second doses, which it evidently is at the moment, this has to be related back to those who got their first dose some 10 weeks ago. If there was burst of Pfizer 10 weeks back, then it has to be duplicated now. So in short, there are too many moving parts here.
Ah I see, thanks for that. I spoke to my GP and they said I'm going to have to wait till the government says over 30's are good to go and book through the NHS site. If I want to get pfizer - is their anything in particular I should do or any centres/hospitals I should aim for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.