Wiki Posts
Search

UK 'to bring in 14-day quarantine' for air passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:55 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by konagirl2
Study is essential travel in the same way work is. Good luck.
To add to this, there is no longer such a thing as ‘essential travel’, at least in England. You can travel wherever you like for any activity - so long as you don’t stay overnight.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:07 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
To add to this, there is no longer such a thing as ‘essential travel’, at least in England. You can travel wherever you like for any activity - so long as you don’t stay overnight.
Would this include flying from Northern Ireland to England? That’s how I read the rules, but know it may be frowned upon.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:27 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by JackDann
Would this include flying from Northern Ireland to England? That’s how I read the rules, but know it may be frowned upon.
I’ve not paid as much attention to what stage the NI Executive is at, but the current guidance seems somewhat contradictory.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...mean-you#toc-2

You still need a reasonable excuse to travel, but you can travel to see friends/family.

So it sounds like the purpose of the visit to England is important.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Given that the Home Office should have brought these rules in in February, was probably asked to do so and probably responded that they'd work urgently on a scheme to implement them, it only underlines how dysfunctional the HO is that, after 10-12 weeks work, they haven't figured out the details.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Anyone that travelled after june 8 can tell me what they do with the form at the immigration point (wheter its tunnel/stenaline/airport desk). They say you just need to bring your confirmation nr: DO they check/do something with the number you are given or do they just want to see that you filled it in (like u show them the printscreen with the number and u move on). Aka: do they actually check what you entered on the form or not?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by itisme
Anyone that travelled after june 8 can tell me what they do with the form at the immigration point (wheter its tunnel/stenaline/airport desk). They say you just need to bring your confirmation nr: DO they check/do something with the number you are given or do they just want to see that you filled it in (like u show them the printscreen with the number and u move on). Aka: do they actually check what you entered on the form or not?
I just read a trip report from someone who landed at LHR with Etihad yesterday. His/her comments on arrival read:
We were chased up by 2 or 3 different staff as we walked through the airport to make sure we had done our quarantine form, which we had. At immigration, they asked us a few questions about where we were planning on quarantining, but it wasn't very thorough questioning.
Rest of report here: Trip report: AUH - LHR in J
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:56 am

I'm planning to go back to the UK, as I will have to leave my student apartment, does anyone know if the 14-day quarantine thing is still relevant? And is it also the case if I plan to come by train, as they were only talking about air passenger? Thank you!!
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by julie_rodriguez
I'm planning to go back to the UK, as I will have to leave my student apartment, does anyone know if the 14-day quarantine thing is still relevant? And is it also the case if I plan to come by train, as they were only talking about air passenger? Thank you!!
Yes the 14 day quarantine is still in force. You can't leave your self designated place of quarantine unless it is for specific exceptions. And yes it applies regardless of the form of transport.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...avel-to-the-uk

In England, you can only leave your accommodation in limited circumstances. These include where:
  • you need urgent medical assistance (or where your doctor has advised you to get medical assistance)
  • you need access to basic necessities like food and medicines, but only in exceptional circumstances such as where you cannot arrange for these to be delivered
  • you need to access critical public services such as social services and victim support services, but only in exceptional circumstances
  • you need to go to the funeral of a close relative
  • you need to fulfil a legal obligation such as participate in legal proceedings
  • there’s an emergency
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:45 am

Has the quarantine been lifted yet?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Has the quarantine been lifted yet?
Hi,

More details on which countries will be selected to be exempt from quarantine requirements is expected from the UK Goverment tomorrow.

Regards

TBS
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

More details on which countries will be selected to be exempt from quarantine requirements is expected from the UK Goverment tomorrow.

Regards

TBS
Thank You!

Is there any legit website?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
This is what i got.

Last edited by terbangalways; Jun 30, 2020 at 8:43 am
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
www.gov.uk is legit as it's HMG's website.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also information on the Coronavirus and travel forum;

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...-arrivals.html

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Remember that quarantine on health grounds is a devolved issue (at least to Scotland, I think also to Wales and NI) and so is only the responsibility of the U.K. Government in relation to England. It remains to be seen if the other governments will follow suit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.