Any Heathrow hotels with free shuttle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Heathrow hotels with free shuttle?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 3:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by SBT
If you have a fair amount of luggage (25" roller bag, briefcase, carry on bag) is the free bus feasible? How about the Hoppa Bus?
Feasibility depends mostly on how far you’re willing/able to walk with your luggage ensemble. Some journeys can be done from the terminal to right outside the hotel, others require a bit of legwork. if you can post from which terminal to which hotel, you’ll get more specific advice.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; May 12, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Old May 12, 2018, 4:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flatlander
I've never had a full bus to or from a hotel to Heathrow, morning or evening. You can get luggage on them, usually the space for wheelchairs/baby prams is free and you can stand your luggage there. Of course if a wheelchair user does board, you must yield to them (baby prams can take their own chances in my opinion). I have no problem using them with a large and small checked bag and a carryon (on my back).

The TFL (and free) bus schedules can be a bit irregular before about 0630 or after about 22:00, unless it's a route with a 24-hour schedule. At those times I would consider the Hoppa instead.
the 423 gets full very quickly before 0600.
Markie likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Whenever the wife and I have stayed in LHR hotels we have always been loaded with luggage so the free bus service was not an option for us. We have used the Hoppa or arranged a taxi through reception when departing.
Worth noting when we took a hired car back to Enterprise at LHR they gave us a free lift to our hotel.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:56 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by :D!
No direction was specified, I assumed perhaps wrongly that the poster was asking about getting to the airport, since the usual reason for staying at an airport hotel would be an early departure or late arrival. Would expect most visitors arriving in the morning to head to a hotel closer to London.
I'm probably thinking like an American since there are really no flights to the USA that leave from LHR that early.

When I land at LHR, I really want to get to sleep (well take a nap) ASAP. I often head to one of the LHR hotels (Marriott, Sheraton) for a day use rate and sleep for about 4 hours. Then I exercise, take a shower, and head in to Central London in the evening. That way I know my room is waiting for me when I land and I get to sleep ASAP.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stc
I'm probably thinking like an American since there are really no flights to the USA that leave from LHR that early.

When I land at LHR, I really want to get to sleep (well take a nap) ASAP. I often head to one of the LHR hotels (Marriott, Sheraton) for a day use rate and sleep for about 4 hours. Then I exercise, take a shower, and head in to Central London in the evening. That way I know my room is waiting for me when I land and I get to sleep ASAP.
At LHR and CDG I head to the arrivals lounge when I arrive early after a TATL flight. I use airport hotels on the return, either if I'm concerned about getting to the airport early enough in the morning or if I have an overnight connection. I've been to major cities in Europe enough times that it isn't necessarily worthwhile to struggle into the city just for a quick overnight.
Old May 27, 2018, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
What is the best option to get to the new Novotel (T1 T2 T3)? I'm arriving with BA (T5) at around 10 pm.
Old May 27, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by 1flyer
What is the best option to get to the new Novotel (T1 T2 T3)? I'm arriving with BA (T5) at around 10 pm.
TfL bus 423 from T5. Get off at Bolton’s lane stop. It is free and no need to tap in. Have a check if the timetable as I think it is around every 30 mins at that time in the evening.

An alternative would be tube to T123 (need an Oyster card or contactless card but it is free) and then 105/111 TfL bus (again free and no need to tap in) to the same stop as above.
denkigroove and 1flyer like this.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:33 am

tfl journey planner suggests buses are still every 10 to 15 minutes until after 2300
1flyer likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
tfl journey planner suggests buses are still every 10 to 15 minutes until after 2300
thats a funny looking 10-15 min frequency

1flyer likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
the better way!

Originally Posted by 1flyer
Too funny. 1flyer, did you even try reading the thread? This is explained. Lazy - or what?
I (too) have experienced the North American mindset arriving in LHR - where are the hotel shuttle buses?
Thinking more about it, the British really have landed (no pun intended!) on the better way. Having # empty hotel shuttle bus circulating the terminals empty is replaced by free local bus which quickly reaches (in my case) the Sheraton Heathrow. All for free!
Old May 27, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
TfL bus 423 from T5. Get off at Bolton’s lane stop. It is free and no need to tap in.
Just to be clear, it is not just that there is "no need" but that you should refrain from tapping in. If you do tap in, you will be charged (although the bus charge is just £1.50, so you will not be ruined if you accidentally do it).
1flyer likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Just out of curiousity, is it clearly displayed on the buses, or at the bus stops that it is free, and that you shouldn't tap in?
Old May 28, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Just out of curiousity, is it clearly displayed on the buses, or at the bus stops that it is free, and that you shouldn't tap in?
no it isn’t in the bus. It’s possible there is something written on the signs on the bus stops but I haven’t noticed it - although i wasn't particularly looking for it either.

Last edited by KARFA; May 28, 2018 at 5:05 am
Old May 28, 2018, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Unless you are simply transiting (staying for the night), when you book a hotel near LHR, make sure you plan ahead of your trip.

Staying near LHR means you will highly rely on the Tube w/bus in and out of the hotel. While the public transportation options are not bad in Hillingdon, they are not exactly good.

One thing I do remember - LHR hotels are one of the cheapest hotel areas in London.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:04 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
no it isn’t in the bus. It’s possible there is something written on the signs on the bus stops but I haven’t noticed it - although i wasn't particularly looking for it either.
The bus route signs do show if it is part of the Heathrow Free Flow area.

There is also this map:

https://www.heathrow.com/file_source...d_Heathrow.pdf
Silver Fox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.