Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Schedule change on TK operated flight booked with Lifemiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat

I have 4 TK business class seats booked with Lifemiles on TK6 from Chicago to Istanbul in October. A few weeks ago the schedule for the flight was changed to an hour earlier, then within a day or so changed back to the original schedule. This resulted in emails from both Avianca and TK telling me to select a new flight. The problem is that there is nothing to select, since the schedule is back to the original. Two different agents at Avianca and two different agents at TK confirmed that I have valid ticketed reservations. They also confirmed my selected seats are still mine. CheckMyTrip pulls up my reservation using the Avianca PNR and shows the Avianca stock ticket number. Should I stop worrying? Given the airlines involved, Im still concerned about problems on the day of travel.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does the TK website/app show a ticket number, and does it match the latest one you have from AV? If so, you should be good.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sounds like you are good to go (if you still see a ticket No.)
VitaliU likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
Does the TK website/app show a ticket number, and does it match the latest one you have from AV? If so, you should be good.
that’s the problem, I cannot get to the screen where the ticket number would be shown either on Turkish website or the app, it tells me the schedule was changed and since the tickets was issued “outside of their digital channels” I should contact them. But when I call TK, the agent asks for PNR, then for all 4 ticket numbers, I give them the ticket numbers from Avianca website and they say everything is fine and I have tickets. It’s just those agents are not necessarily confidence inspiring…they ARE very polite though

Last edited by VitaliU; Mar 22, 2024 at 5:44 am
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For a minor schedule change/retimed flight, reissue of the ticket is not required for TK flights. If you are rebooked to other flights or the flight No. changes, you need to contact LM for reissue of the ticket.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
For a minor schedule change/retimed flight, reissue of the ticket is not required for TK flights. If you are rebooked to other flights or the flight No. changes, you need to contact LM for reissue of the ticket.
thanks. Same flight number, same schedule. LM says I have valid tickets. TK says ticketing has been completed. I guess chances are good itll be fine.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You wait until OLCI opens. If you are able to OLCI all is good; if you are unable to do OLCI it is a warning that something can be wrong, e.g. ticket and reservation out of sync; then you call TK to check if they see tickets in the PNR.
VitaliU likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Update: TK changed their departure time again by 10 minutes. This time I got a great LM agent, who offered to reissue tickets to make sure all these changes didn't result in problems. I can now see my flight in the TK app with the new ticket numbers. Now let's hope TK won't make any more changes....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.