Search

Front seats on an AndalouJet A321 Neo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, TK Elite+, HHonors Gold, FB, UA, AA
Front seats on an AndalouJet A321 Neo

Hi everyone,

Looking at the seat map on the TK web site, it looks like the front two roles (e.g. row 1 and row 2) of the A321 Neo that's operating BER-SAW have just pairs of seats (A&B + E&F) vs. the standard economy 3+3 configuration. Even though the flight itself is economy-only, are these larger business-class style seats? Unfortunately as this is metal is pretty recent for the airline, I can't find the seat map on SeatGuru or other similar sites. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
That aircraft is likely to be an ex-S7 aircraft which was picked by TK/AJet after the Russia related sanctions and is not yet retrofitted.
AnadoluJet is selling those seats for an extra cost ( similar to extra legroom seats ) after booking but you would still receive the same service per the rest of the aircraft.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, TK Elite+, HHonors Gold, FB, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
That aircraft is likely to be an ex-S7 aircraft which was picked by TK/AJet after the Russia related sanctions and is not yet retrofitted.
AnadoluJet is selling those seats for an extra cost ( similar to extra legroom seats ) after booking but you would still receive the same service per the rest of the aircraft.
I've now flown on this flight and can confirm that it's indeed the ex-S7 a/c with proper business class seats (albeit recliners) in the front of the cabin but, as expected on AnadoluJet, economy class service. Well worth the small money to upgrade though, for those who like the extra space
Old Apr 9, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I'm glad you enjoyed those seats, however, AnadoluJet would retrofit those A321neo's soon to sell more seats.

From TK Chairman of Board, Ahmet Bolat's interview with Simple Flying
https://simpleflying.com/turkish-airlines-fleet-plans/

“In the past, AnadoluJet fleet had only 737-800s with 189 seats. We will further reduce unit costs and increase competitiveness by converting the new generation A321neos into high density configuration.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Ahmet Bolat......" by converting the new generation A321neos into high density configuration
Haha.. honest man.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.