Community
Wiki Posts
Search

46KG and whats best

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:44 am
Original Poster

46KG and whats best

I have been looking at flights from Manchester to Bangkok for Jan 2023, Yesterday i contacted to travel agents Travel Trolly and southhall travel who are sister companies.
While on the phone southhall trave offered me 46KG of hold luggage and selection of seats plus if i need to cancel the flight, I would get around 65% money back and the price was 676 return while Travel Trolly was offering the same conditions but said that they could not select my seats and they would do it for 636 and after contacting southhall travel , they said that they would price match.

Issue is the 46KG of luggage , Nowhere on the Turkish airline site does it mention 46KG, Not even if i was paying for a higher fare, So has anyone any experience of these allowances ?

Also i can get the same flight for a lot cheaper using these companies Via Sky scanner at 522 , I have been told that at 522, If you cancel, You get nothing back, So its a risk even though i have a good insurance company

Any thoughts

Malc
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This all sounds very fishy.

I don't believe that the UK and Thailand are countries that work on the "piece" concept for checked luggage - in which case 2 bags of 23kgs each would make perfect sense. But otherwise you should only get 1 checked bag with 23kg allowance.

Also, a 600 fare that is 65% refundable sounds completely wrong. Also be aware that there are many COVID-era reports of Turkish "refundable" fares not actually resulting in cash back in your bank account due to some excuse or another.

And finally, if you book through an OTA found via Skycanner, hope and pray that everything goes without a hitch, because otherwise it will be a nightmare...
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ge-calculator/

Check the website! I did a search for MAN-BKK for a random date in the middle of Jan 2023 and it said you'd get 30kg for a flexible or semi flexible Y ticket.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies , I plan on phoning up the airline on Monday, What i have found amazing is the price increase today on skyscanner from 522 to well over 900, So looks like they are raising the prices at the weekend .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.