Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

First Miles And Smiles booking on new account for someone else

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Quick question. I'm thinking of booking an award ticket for someone to come visit us and I just set up my account a few days ago. Will this be flagged as potential fraud that could cause issues at check in?

This will be a Turkish national flying to USA.

Also any other alternatives you suggest to M&S as I'm seeing AYT-LAX in Y for 45k miles each way with only a few days at 30k in the next couple of months. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Chances are that TK will cancel your membership and the ticket. They've been keen on doing that as they assume you would be selling the ticket to someone, and their rules don't allow that. There have been similar cases before here on FT.
ISTFlyer and yauee like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Chances are that TK will cancel your membership and the ticket. They've been keen on doing that as they assume you would be selling the ticket to someone, and their rules don't allow that. There have been similar cases before here on FT.
Indeed, TK would definitely consider this as a fraud unless you visit a ticket office in person as at a ticket office, they would keep a copy of your ID/passport scanned and added into the system alongside with your credit card details.
yauee and ffay005 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.