FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html)

kaspars Mar 15, 2021 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dselvan (Post 33102325)
Fair point. Didn't think of that. Will have a look at this week.
If I change into open ticket, there will be a price difference to pay though, will it not?

I would call just right away:) Why to take chances?....
ISTFlyer will confirm but if this is invol. open tix, I believe you will be accommodated in the same class if they have free seats, without need to pay any price difference

SK AAR Mar 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Indeed, open ticket means rebooking the ticket (same origin and dest.) at a later stage without payment of fare difference.

Relax, the chance that TK will revise the departure time again this close to the last retiming is small/close to zero IMO.

ISTFlyer Mar 15, 2021 9:56 pm

If an open ticket conversion is done after an involuntary change, no fare difference would be collected when rebooking.
If an open ticket conversion is done voluntarily, the applicable fare difference would be collected when rebooking.

kaspars Mar 16, 2021 2:34 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 33102510)
Relax, the chance that TK will revise the departure time again this close to the last retiming is small/close to zero IMO.

well, I had 2 changes by TK 2 days apart for same flight for different timings. So hard to be so sure :)

Dselvan Mar 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Thanks for all your input and I greatly appreciate the advice and help from everyone here.
Rang TK today and after about 20 minutes hold, the agent sorted the rebooking to September without any issues in about 25 minutes.
I was very impressed with TK customer services and how painless it was compared to my BA and LH interactions with rebooking last year!!!

Mabuk dan gila Mar 16, 2021 2:45 pm

I'm trying to reschedule a trip by simply moving the flights to identical flights 3 weeks ahead on both the outbound and return. The ticket is a highly discounted promo fare. It also includes a Copa connecting flight though it is a Turkish Airlines ticket purchased on turkishairlines.com. Going online right now I can find exactly the same promo fare, available for sale, on the exact flights I want. However the change cannot be accomplished online as the web-site just throws an error message, and calling reservation hotline yields a $500 fare increase and they are not impressed that I can pull up the flights available for sale on their website in real time for sale at exactly the same price I previously paid. Is there any possible basis for that? Or is reservations just not functioning correctly and I need to argue with them some more? Does anyone have any ideas how I might rephrase my argument with them?

ISTFlyer Mar 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 33105263)
I'm trying to reschedule a trip by simply moving the flights to identical flights 3 weeks ahead on both the outbound and return. The ticket is a highly discounted promo fare. It also includes a Copa connecting flight though it is a Turkish Airlines ticket purchased on turkishairlines.com. Going online right now I can find exactly the same promo fare, available for sale, on the exact flights I want. However the change cannot be accomplished online as the web-site just throws an error message, and calling reservation hotline yields a $500 fare increase and they are not impressed that I can pull up the flights available for sale on their website in real time for sale at exactly the same price I previously paid. Is there any possible basis for that? Or is reservations just not functioning correctly and I need to argue with them some more? Does anyone have any ideas how I might rephrase my argument with them?

HUACA and speak with a different agent; this might help. You could ask the fare buckets of the flights and repeat the fare buckets that you see online if possible for each flight.

If it doesn't work, contact a sales office.

Mabuk dan gila Mar 16, 2021 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33105285)
HUACA and speak with a different agent; this might help. If it doesn't work, contact a sales office.

Oh, this has become an epic clownshow of mythic proportions. In about half a dozen callbacks I've had 4 agents become flustered and drop the call/hang up on me. One agent told me my best bet was to hang up and call again, maybe another agent could help me reschedule that flight. The last one was honest enough to admit their "system" simply cannot reschedule the flight 3 weeks in the future no matter what. Nothing can fix it. Nevermind there is wide open availability. They have no such thing as tier two or anyone who can do anything. The last reservation agent echoed your advise and recommended I attempt to contact a sales office because reservations is categorically incapable of rescheduling that flight.

They wore me out for today. I'll take it up again tomorrow.

gr8pirate Mar 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Data point from my end (hi, I never really left, just was in hibernation from travel and not on FT as often):

Used my 'open ticket' from the flight cancelled last year without any issues. Same origin/destinations.

I was a little worried about this call - apart from the cancelling agent's reassurance last year that the open ticket would be available, I had no email or paper trail to prove it.

Mabuk dan gila Mar 17, 2021 5:26 pm

A second day has passed with no success changing my flight date. I had no success at all getting anyone that I could talk to on the phone at a ticket office. I called the reservation hot line a few more time. Now they cant change the reservation at all for any price. Basically when they select the new flights and go to price it, their system fails every time and the call center agents apparently have no recourse or option to do anything after that. They cant change the reservation and they apparently do not have a help desk or tier 2 or someone they can transfer the problem too so they just literally hit a dead end trying to change the reservation and have no idea what they could possibly do from there. I emailed the ticket office to see if I can get a response that way and I submitted an online feedback form about it. I'm running out of ideas. The nearest ticket office is like a 3 hour drive from here.

kaspars Mar 18, 2021 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 33108314)
. I emailed the ticket office to see if I can get a response that way and I submitted an online feedback form about it. I'm running out of ideas.

I think feedback form will help as I think these are TK staff handling requests, as opposed to the outsourced call center folks.
Local ticket offices might be nice and efficient in some countries, but I also have experienced bad and lazy "service" in their RIX office for example...

Alfredbali Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 33108314)

A second day has passed with no success changing my flight date. I had no success at all getting anyone that I could talk to on the phone at a ticket office. I called the reservation hot line a few more time. Now they cant change the reservation at all for any price. Basically when they select the new flights and go to price it, their system fails every time and the call center agents apparently have no recourse or option to do anything after that. They cant change the reservation and they apparently do not have a help desk or tier 2 or someone they can transfer the problem too so they just literally hit a dead end trying to change the reservation and have no idea what they could possibly do from there. I emailed the ticket office to see if I can get a response that way and I submitted an online feedback form about it. I'm running out of ideas. The nearest ticket office is like a 3 hour drive from here.

As someone who ran into the same kind of issue regarding a refund request a few weeks ago, i cannot emphasize enough how bad is Turkish Airlines customer service as soon as there is a glitch in their system (and there are many...).

Your only hope is to lauch a guerrilla operation, contact TK on facebook, and twitter, send everyday several feedback forms through the website, email as many sales offices as you can find (very few read and answer emails), try also calling those sales offices (very few pick up the phone, and even less will try to solve your issue). Repeat this every day and post the negative results on social networks.

Hopefully at some point one Turkish Airlines representative will want to work on your case...

Good luck ...

thanaset Mar 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Mabuk dan gila Mar 19, 2021 11:12 am

Well after 4 days of trying I finally got the date changed on my ticket. The Manila ticket office was quite helpful and responsive by e-mail. In exchanging e-mail with Manila I noticed the Copa flights on the ticket have a coupon status of airport control. So my wild speculation it this prevented the the reservation agents from changing the reservation. However, the reservation agents didn't know it or have any indication that was the reason the change failed and no recourse or plan b or anywhere to go with a reservation that mysteriously was unchangeable. All they know is when they clicked "change" in their system, it just failed to change...... I'm thinking the telephone reservations agents have about as much authority to change a reservation as a ordinary user on the website would. If the reservation hotline runs into a problem that could only be solved by a ticket office, maybe they should have the means to, transfer the call to a ticket office. Anyways this has possibly been the most frustrating reservation issue I had to deal with in decades of travel.

dtphonehome Mar 19, 2021 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dtphonehome (Post 33091023)
I have a trip booked in May from JFK-IST-CMN. Booked it way back in July... amazingly, TK hasn't adjusted the schedule at all on my flights so I'm not entitled to an involuntary exchange. I would still like to take the trip, but later in 2021, as it doesn't look like Morocco will be "back to normal" by May. The tickets were originally booked in Y with cash, and then upgraded (one with E+ vouchers, the other with points) to J. What are my options here if I want to reschedule? Doesn't look like I'm entitled to a date change with waived fees as there was no schedule change. At the moment, the cash fare on my preferred reschedule dates are way higher than what I originally paid. It also doesn't appear there's "J" award availability on those dates either. If I convert to an open ticket, what happens to my points and voucher? Do they remain attached to my ticket or redeposited to my account and my ticket reverts to a Y cash ticket? If redeposited and they were due to expire prior to the redeposit date, do they just disappear or are they extended? I specifically used those points to upgrade because I knew that some would be expiring by 12/30/20 (but now extended to 6/30/21 it seems).
Thanks for any guidance!

ISTFlyer, as per your advice I waited and indeed there was a schedule change to my May flights. I called TK and tried to have them rebook me for December, which they said they couldn't do because there was a security verification that had to happen on my CC used to book the flight, and only a sales office could do that. I contacted the NYC sales office by email with all my new dates and they referred me back to the call center. Just got off the phone with the call center and they are telling me that to rebook in December there would be a fare difference as it was outside of 30 days (I cannot fly in the 30 days after my original flights)...on my previous call with the call center they did not mention that I would have to pay a fare difference. For a waiver of the fare difference, my flights had to have been cancelled (which they were not). And even if I did choose to pay the fare difference, I would still have to do this all through a sales office (and NYC wasn't particularly helpful).

Any further advice/recommendations?