FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html)

ISTFlyer Mar 2, 2021 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan (Post 33071514)
Any idea when they are going to stop the downgraded catering and go back to normal catering?
Got long haul business class flights in May and wondering if it is likely to return by then (if we are allowed to travel of course)?

Hot meals are being served on long-haul international flights, both in Y and J.

Dselvan Mar 2, 2021 7:41 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33071707)
Hot meals are being served on long-haul international flights, both in Y and J.

Thanks for that. I was not aware. Is it normal full service? Also are hot meals offered on Manchester or London routes?

ISTFlyer Mar 2, 2021 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan (Post 33071737)
Thanks for that. I was not aware. Is it normal full service? Also are hot meals offered on Manchester or London routes?

There was a recent modification this week so I am not sure about the formatting of the service, however, it's a modified version of the pre-COVID service. Obviously, no starter and dessert trolleys.

For UK->Turkey routes, for J, there should be a hot meal service according to recent reports in the "Catering Master Thread", for Y, it's still the paper bag.

Dselvan Mar 2, 2021 8:07 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33071743)
There was a recent modification this week so I am not sure about the formatting of the service, however, it's a modified version of the pre-COVID service. Obviously, no starter and dessert trolleys.

For UK->Turkey routes, for J, there should be a hot meal service according to recent reports in the "Catering Master Thread", for Y, it's still the paper bag.

Thank you ISTFlyer. Fountain of knowledge as always:)
We are in J so hopefully should be ok, if we're allowed to travel.

kaspars Mar 3, 2021 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33071743)

Hi ISTFlyer, is there any recent updates on J class hot meals on other ex-Europe routes?

ISTFlyer Mar 3, 2021 2:53 am

Originally Posted by kaspars (Post 33073602)
Hi ISTFlyer, is there any recent updates on J class hot meals on other ex-Europe routes?

Responded your query on the other thread

zymm Mar 4, 2021 9:36 am

I have a voluntary open ticket I'm about to rebook, the itinerary I'm looking at is cheaper than my original (in the same fare class) so will I receive a refund of the fare difference?

ISTFlyer Mar 4, 2021 9:42 am

Originally Posted by zymm (Post 33076868)
I have a voluntary open ticket I'm about to rebook, the itinerary I'm looking at is cheaper than my original (in the same fare class) so will I receive a refund of the fare difference?

I think that the call center would be unable to process that and you would be offered to be rebooked at a higher fare bucket instead and pay the fare difference or nothing would be refunded and you would be booked at the same fare bucket.

If you would like that money, you would most likely need to contact a sales office.

kaspars Mar 5, 2021 2:32 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33076879)
I think that the call center would be unable to process that and you would be offered to be rebooked at a higher fare bucket instead and pay the fare difference or nothing would be refunded and you would be booked at the same fare bucket.

If you would like that money, you would most likely need to contact a sales office.

I doubt it will be possibe: I have never heard of any airline reimbursing the cost difference. The "sales agreement" is based on the date of the ticket purchased.

drvannostren Mar 8, 2021 6:13 am

Definitely didn't wanna start a new thread, but I did wanna shoutout TK for their handling of my ticket.

I've gotten no refunds from Air Canada, Aeromexico and Fiji Airways. Both AC & Fiji have given me more than 2 years to use the credit, so while I'd prefer a refund, I'm good with that. Aeromexico...well I have about $3000 across 5 seperate PNRs which cannot be combined, which cannot be transferred (this one I wouldn't expect), and are all supposed to be fully flown by the end of August 2021, meanwhile my country still has a 14 day quarantine and has asked all airlines for 2 more months not to fly to Mexico.

Not Turkish. I had a $2500 discount business class ticket (I only give the dollar amount because I usually fly Y as you can see from my Aeromexico balance, that's like 5 flights at $600, that's more my speed) I was excited to try both their new 787 and 350 product after flying J on an award on 777s and 330s. I was also pumped because I work at YVR and they were supposed to start flying in here which would be huge.

But obviously things have gone sideways, my flights got cancelled/rescheduled and eventually I figured it was time to give them a call. I got through right away and immediately the phone rep basically gave me the option to refund. He didn't try to push me to a credit or anything. I was on hold for a little bit and the call dropped...ok no problem it happens. I got around to calling back a couple days later and immediately I got dismissed and told "we can' process refunds over the phone" which I found weird since the other guy hadn't mentioned that at all. I got told to fill out an online form and that they'd get back to me within 24 hours. They were right! Again, very simple, didn't even need a big write up, just a quick bit of info and I got my auto reply. Around 24 hours later I got another email saying that my refund would be processed. I think it said within 5-7 business days, which is awesome since my CREDIT from AC (via an ota admittedly) was like 6 months and multiple angry phone calls. Then, to their credit and Amex I suppose, the refund was done within like 3 days.

In a time where I think a lot of us are complaining and rightfully frustrated with the various airlines we frequent, I wanted to make sure I shouted out Turkish for their handling. I'm sure not everyone had the exact same experience, but mine was a really positive one. I still hope to see them at YVR in the future and I'm looking forward to trying that J class at some point.

kaspars Mar 8, 2021 7:07 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 33085290)
Around 24 hours later I got another email saying that my refund would be processed. I think it said within 5-7 business days, which is awesome .

Not sure why the agent said they could not process the refunds over phone and why the feedback form was requested... In the past 3 weeks I have cancelled 4 TK revenue tickets over the phone, and the refund was done back to my card within 3 days in each case.

Good TK practice and I agree other airlines should learn from this indeed!

drvannostren Mar 8, 2021 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by kaspars (Post 33085401)
Not sure why the agent said they could not process the refunds over phone and why the feedback form was requested... In the past 3 weeks I have cancelled 4 TK revenue tickets over the phone, and the refund was done back to my card within 3 days in each case.

Good TK practice and I agree other airlines should learn from this indeed!

I found that to be super odd too. I probably could've just done a HUACA but I usually like to give agents the benefit of the doubt the first time. So I figured I'd fill out the form and wait a couple days to see what happens. That refund was lightning fast I requested it on I think thursday and by sunday afternoon it was showing up as a refund in my pending transactions.

If only all these refunds and stuff were so easy right? While Aeromexico has pissed me off, I'll fly them again because it's usually the cheapest option from here. But with TK, I'll go out of my way to fly them again.

kaspars Mar 9, 2021 2:00 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 33086209)
But with TK, I'll go out of my way to fly them again.

How to get a loyal future customer :)

dtphonehome Mar 10, 2021 10:52 am

Booked with cash and then upgraded with points and E+ certificates... options?

I have a trip booked in May from JFK-IST-CMN. Booked it way back in July... amazingly, TK hasn't adjusted the schedule at all on my flights so I'm not entitled to an involuntary exchange. I would still like to take the trip, but later in 2021, as it doesn't look like Morocco will be "back to normal" by May. The tickets were originally booked in Y with cash, and then upgraded (one with E+ vouchers, the other with points) to J. What are my options here if I want to reschedule? Doesn't look like I'm entitled to a date change with waived fees as there was no schedule change. At the moment, the cash fare on my preferred reschedule dates are way higher than what I originally paid. It also doesn't appear there's "J" award availability on those dates either. If I convert to an open ticket, what happens to my points and voucher? Do they remain attached to my ticket or redeposited to my account and my ticket reverts to a Y cash ticket? If redeposited and they were due to expire prior to the redeposit date, do they just disappear or are they extended? I specifically used those points to upgrade because I knew that some would be expiring by 12/30/20 (but now extended to 6/30/21 it seems).
Thanks for any guidance!

ISTFlyer Mar 10, 2021 2:27 pm

TK hasn’t adjusted their May schedule yet. There would be interruptions when TK adjusts their schedule.

If you would like to act now, your options would be to reapply the Elite Plus voucher ( if it’s expired, you would lose it ), get your miles back for the upgraded ticket ( if your miles are expired, you would lose it ) and rebook for a flight until 31 December 2021 according to the fare rules and a fare difference might apply.

If you would like to use the open ticket option, you first need to redeposit your Elite Plus voucher and get your miles back for the upgrade ( you lose them if they are expired ). Then when you will use the open ticket, you would be asked for any applicable fare difference and you would still need to complete travel by 31 December 2021.

Also, as your miles were extended after you used it, my advice would be to wait and don’t touch the ticket at the moment. The redeposition of the miles might cause problems and you might need to deal with sales offices and multiple feedback forms to solve that.

Plus, if you decide to wait until an involuntary change, be aware that the call center would be unable to rebook you without detaching the ELPL voucher and the upgrade so most likely to save them you would need to contact a sales office so be prepared for that.