FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html)

zymm Apr 7, 2021 2:57 pm

Just called and rebooked my open ticket via the call center, and it was very easy! I was a bit worried because of the Europe 1 and Europe 2 in the award zones, but it seems all of Europe is considered one region for the purpose of rebooking. My original flights were GOT-IST-SFO, SFO-IST-OTP and I rebooked into SKP-IST-SFO, SFO-IST-LHR with no issues.

abcx Apr 8, 2021 10:58 am

Does the free change on an award ticket allow you to change origin and/or destination if staying within the same zones? Like if I book a domestic US ticket, say SEA-LAX, can I change it to anything else like EWR-SFO? Or do the free changes only refer to date changes?

EDIT: Is there a link to the official TK policy stating changes on awards are free after March 31, 2021? I've been poking around on their website and can't find anything.

ISTFlyer Apr 8, 2021 11:11 am

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 33162510)
Does the free change on an award ticket allow you to change origin and/or destination if staying within the same zones? Like if I book a domestic US ticket, say SEA-LAX, can I change it to anything else like EWR-SFO? Or do the free changes only refer to date changes?

EDIT: Is there a link to the official TK policy stating changes on awards are free after March 31, 2021? I've been poking around on their website and can't find anything.

Yes, no change fee would be collected if you decide to change the origin and destination. Only the difference in mileage and taxes would be collected ( it's both zero for your case ).
This applies to all tickets issued by TK until 31 December 2021 ( including awards ) for travel until 31 March 2021.

There is no specific "award" policy so it's the general policy that would apply.

abcx Apr 8, 2021 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33162550)
Yes, no change fee would be collected if you decide to change the origin and destination. Only the difference in mileage and taxes would be collected ( it's both zero for your case ).
This applies to all tickets issued by TK until 31 December 2021 ( including awards ) for travel until 31 March 2021.

There is no specific "award" policy so it's the general policy that would apply.

Sorry to be pedantic, but do you mean tickets issued until 31 Dec 2021 for travel until 31 Mar *2022*?

The official zero change fee page results a big fat not found error - https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/zero-change-fee/

ISTFlyer Apr 8, 2021 11:23 am

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 33162555)
Sorry to be pedantic, but do you mean tickets issued until 31 Dec 2021 for travel until 31 Mar *2022*?

The official zero change fee page results a big fat not found error - https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/zero-change-fee/

My bad, travel until 31 March 2022.
It's not the zero change policy that allows this, it's the "Flexible Change Policy" : https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...lexible-change

intltravel90 Apr 14, 2021 8:47 pm

What is the likelihood of the feedback form leading to improved rebooking options on an award ticket (TK issued, UA operated) with a schedule change? I was rebooked automatically to other UA flights, but would prefer slightly different (UA) flights. Those other flights do not have I availability, but they do have J seats.

The ticket looks fine on the UA website, but messy on the TK website, so I would rather not ask TK for the change unless there is a good chance of success, for fear of making it worse or losing the ticket.

ISTFlyer Apr 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by intltravel90 (Post 33178551)
What is the likelihood of the feedback form leading to improved rebooking options on an award ticket (TK issued, UA operated) with a schedule change? I was rebooked automatically to other UA flights, but would prefer slightly different (UA) flights. Those other flights do not have I availability, but they do have J seats.

The ticket looks fine on the UA website, but messy on the TK website, so I would rather not ask TK for the change unless there is a good chance of success, for fear of making it worse or losing the ticket.

TK must request UA for them to open award availability and UA must accept the request.
If your request is reasonable, UA would most likely open award availability but the hard part is to make TK requesting those seats from UA.

If I were you I would have visited a sales office in person ( if they ruin your ticket you could ask them to fix on the spot, sales offices have access to the back office in IST ) or do absolutely nothing on your ticket. By the way, most likely when you fill out the feedback form, you would be asked to call the hotline for your request and you would enter a loop where the hotline would ask you to fill out a feedback form and the feedback form would tell you to call the hotline.

pull_over Apr 15, 2021 3:31 am

Originally Posted by tasma (Post 33137362)
Both app and website let me change to Warsaw but show me flights in economy class instead. That's why I decided to make a call to Turkey.
I'll try contact their office in Warsaw.

Hey there how it went? I have the same booking, but I want to reschedule it till end of this year or next year preferrably.

andigoeskiwi Apr 15, 2021 9:16 am

I had a booking MXP-DXB which got at first schedule changes and later on a change of connecting airport SAW to IST.
I called in to switch it to an Open Ticket where the agent at first confirmed only a change in a 30 day window fo free because he saw only the schedule change. I had to explain my different opinion about it because of changed flight numbers (SAW to IST) and insisted on an Open Ticket valid for any date following involuntary change policy. He confirmed the change with superior successfully.
So I am quite happy now with an open EU to Middle East ticket.
Thanks ISTFlyer for all the good and very helpful information!

flyingin2021 Apr 16, 2021 6:17 am

some questions about (open) tickets

Hi, during the 40% off promo last Januari I booked a trip to Japan (AMS-IST-HND / KIX-IST-AMS) in J-class for in November. Now TK can cancelled it's direct flights to Istanbul from Osaka, so now on the website they offer me to make a extra stop in Tokyo (layover time 15 hours :-( ). I have the following questions:
Am I entitled to get an open ticket valid for any date following involuntary change policy?
And if so, can I also change my destination in Asia for free(no fare difference) or need it be the same flights/destinations?
And how will this type of ticket appair in my overview on the TK website?

Hope someone can help me!

ISTFlyer Apr 16, 2021 6:24 am

Originally Posted by flyingin2021 (Post 33181751)
Hi, during the 40% off promo last Januari I booked a trip to Japan (AMS-IST-HND / KIX-IST-AMS) in J-class for in November. Now TK can cancelled it's direct flights to Istanbul from Osaka, so now on the website they offer me to make a extra stop in Tokyo (layover time 15 hours :-( ). I have the following questions:
Am I entitled to get an open ticket valid for any date following involuntary change policy?
And if so, can I also change my destination in Asia for free(no fare difference) or need it be the same flights/destinations?
And how will this type of ticket appair in my overview on the TK website?

Hope someone can help me!

Hi ​​​flyingin2021 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

As your IST-KIX flight is cancelled, yes, you could convert your ticket to an open ticket and change your destination for free within the Far East for any date until 31 March 2022. However, you shouldn't accept the changes online as once you accept it, there is no way back to revert that change.

For an open ticket, you wouldn't be able to see it in the TK website, nor the app; however, your PNR & e-ticket numbers would be the same and you would be able to rebook your open ticket on the phone by only providing your PNR or e-ticket number. So, be sure to note your PNR/e-ticket number somewhere or don't delete your confirmation e-mail from your inbox as you would need those.

flyingin2021 Apr 16, 2021 7:29 am

Hi Istflyer, thanks for your quick and usefull response! And just to be sure: the only difference I would how to pay are related to tax differences between the destinations? Or are there more given that I bought the ticket during a promotion?

ISTFlyer Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am

Originally Posted by flyingin2021 (Post 33181887)
Hi Istflyer, thanks for your quick and usefull response! And just to be sure: the only difference I would how to pay are related to tax differences between the destinations? Or are there more given that I bought the ticket during a promotion?

As this is an involuntary change ( TK cancelled your flight ) no fare or tax differences would be collected for your first change.
In all subsequent changes, unless another involuntary situation happens, you would be responsible for any difference in fare including taxes and surcharges.

Sciamano Apr 16, 2021 11:41 am

Once an open ticket is obtained, can I always ask go for refund?

ISTFlyer Apr 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sciamano (Post 33182464)
Once an open ticket is obtained, can I always ask go for refund?

Yes, you could.