FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html)

SK AAR Aug 7, 2022 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by travels007 (Post 34460490)
Does the 15min schedule change also include a difference in between on the arrival time? I booked a United Airlines flight between SFO and Hawaii using Miles & Smiles miles for travel in Sept 2022. I did this in Dec 2021 right before my miles expired. Will I have to pay a change fee if the original flight I booked was 9am to 11:48am and now the current scheduled time is 8:53am to 11:31am? The arrival time is 17 minutes earlier now.

If I want to convert to open ticket and don't plan to travel until 2023, will I have to pay change fee regardless, since usually it is free for 30 days after original travel date when it is a involuntary change in schedule?

Yes, you will have to pay change fee for such rebooking (which is very reasonable anyways)

ricardojrsousa Aug 7, 2022 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 34494642)
Hope you get a cancellation or schedule change of more than 15min, which willl allow you to cancel the ticket.

Converting to an open ticket doesn't seem to be viable. Any rebooking will be subject to repricing of the ticket/add. collection.

im overall fine with the repricing - I mean ideally I’d straight cancel but at D-7 I’m not hopeful for a schedule change as the flight out of CGK has had a stable schedule for a while. Thus my main question is what are the characteristics of a open ticket. Do you know if it get constrained to same origin / departure region? (It’s a one way, no segment flown yet)

SK AAR Aug 8, 2022 1:24 am

No you can rebook a open ticket - subject to repricing of course. But you need to be aware of any time limits for rebooking open tickets (31 Aug has been suggested elsewhere).

nacho Aug 30, 2022 10:43 am

I had a 25 minutes schedule change and TK told me that CPH ticket office confirmed on my behalf in Feb 2022 without my consent. I haven't called them or contacted them.

Now I can't move my flight to earlier because it's less than 15 minutes. The only option is to confirm it. TK told me to write a feedback and I did.

Very frustrating.

SK AAR Aug 31, 2022 2:48 am

You mean you had a second schedule change (less than 15 min) and you wanted to use the first schedule change of 25min in February 2022 to (invol.) rebook the ticket now? (but you have found out that CPH ticket office accepted it long time ago)

I suppose you have to wait for an answer to the feedback (I hope you have explained the issue more in details than in your post because otherwise the TK agents will not understand what you are talking about and you will get a reply that the schedule change was below 15m and you are not able to rebook for free).

nacho Aug 31, 2022 6:55 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 34560107)
You mean you had a second schedule change (less than 15 min) and you wanted to use the first schedule change of 25min in February 2022 to (invol.) rebook the ticket now? (but you have found out that CPH ticket office accepted it long time ago)

I suppose you have to wait for an answer to the feedback (I hope you have explained the issue more in details than in your post because otherwise the TK agents will not understand what you are talking about and you will get a reply that the schedule change was below 15m and you are not able to rebook for free).

Here's the thing:

I got 2 emails regarding the schedule changes back in Feb/Mar. and the first one included a 25 minutes change which entitled me to change or cancel for free. Somehow the changes for the 25 minutes schedule change were confirmed by TK office in Copenhagen without my approval (I didn't even bother looking at them as Asia was damn shut at that time). So my right to change or cancel was lost. The second schedule change in March was only a 10 minutes change so I have no right but to accept it.

In the app I wasn't able to accept the change nor conduct a change.

Now there's an earlier flight to KL and I would rather be there earlier than in the IST lounge. I wrote a feedback and as usual TK agents don't understand my detailed explanation (they don't seem to understand much - remember my saga to get my hard earned Elite status after their IT mess?), so I wrote a reply this morning to once again explained it very clearly.

Alfredbali Aug 31, 2022 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 34560482)
Here's the thing:

I got 2 emails regarding the schedule changes back in Feb/Mar. and the first one included a 25 minutes change which entitled me to change or cancel for free. Somehow the changes for the 25 minutes schedule change were confirmed by TK office in Copenhagen without my approval (I didn't even bother looking at them as Asia was damn shut at that time). So my right to change or cancel was lost. The second schedule change in March was only a 10 minutes change so I have no right but to accept it.

In the app I wasn't able to accept the change nor conduct a change.

Now there's an earlier flight to KL and I would rather be there earlier than in the IST lounge. I wrote a feedback and as usual TK agents don't understand my detailed explanation (they don't seem to understand much - remember my saga to get my hard earned Elite status after their IT mess?), so I wrote a reply this morning to once again explained it very clearly.

Why not contact CPH office ? they are the ones who messed up in the first place, they should sort it out... (In an ideal world).

And yes spending hours with call center agents telling you random answers or hanging up on you when they are bored with your request, feedback forms not answered and sales offices unwilling to assist you are all too common with Turkish Airlines as per my experience.

nacho Sep 1, 2022 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Alfredbali (Post 34562768)
Why not contact CPH office ? they are the ones who messed up in the first place, they should sort it out... (In an ideal world).

And yes spending hours with call center agents telling you random answers or hanging up on you when they are bored with your request, feedback forms not answered and sales offices unwilling to assist you are all too common with Turkish Airlines as per my experience.

CPH office? I never get them to pick up the phone (I have direct number and they don't pick up the phone). They don't reply emails either. You know what I mean if you need to get a hold of a TK staff at CPH/HAM airport.

When things go south in TK the ideal world doesn't exist :D