Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
It's time for me to contribute and share

TK36 YUL-IST April 19th, 2019. I chose Sea Bass (had too much steak and lamb in Toronto and Montreal earlier). My seatmate had beef.

Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
J dinner menu on TK10 yesterday.
Was hoping for the manti, but no luck :-)

SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
J dinner menu on TK10 yesterday.
Was hoping for the manti, but no luck :-)

Wow, TK10 has 2 entrees that I consider as TK's signature J dishes. Lamb Chops and Potpourri of Seafood. Forget about the mushroom soup, .....
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
Forget about the mushroom soup, .....
I love the mushroom soup
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
TK 66 IST-DPS ( Business Class )
Departure Time: 1:30am
Long-Haul Dinner

The menu says "lamb cubes", but the chef explained that minced lamb was loaded. Not an issue and just as delicious.

Looks like this snack menu will be available on the 787 as a replacement for the snack bar.

binman and cloudzocker like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
TK 2552 Istanbul to Dalaman ( Economy Class )
Departure Time: 05:40
Domestic Meal

WhiteCheeseSandwich

SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:55 pm

First time in TK J (BKK-IST), was really looking forward to the food. Big disappointment. Second worst J food I've tried (after UA who set the standard in bad food).

Btw one of the choices was "potpourri of seafood" - those fishes lost their lives in vain.

What's going on? Wrong route?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:46 am

TK65 BKK-IST, Aug 5. To provide some context, here are the dishes (between two passengers):
​​​​​​​

No idea what it was but it tasted terrible. Middle item might have supposed to taste Thai, I think.

Appetizer - curiously same selectionas the main dish.

Undercooked mushy pasta.

Cream of pumpkin - could have been mushroom.

Potpourri - dry fish, soggy spinach. Potatoes were the only edible part.

Dry store-bought kind of baklava.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k
TK65 BKK-IST.

Potpourri - dry fish, soggy spinach. Potatoes were the only edible part.
My wife had the same menu item on LAX-IST last week but says hers looked different. Fish was a bit dry, but well seasoned.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

My wife had the same menu item on LAX-IST last week but says hers looked different. Fish was a bit dry, but well seasoned.
I usually get seafood potpourri only out of IST. It's the only station knowing how to do it right.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:01 am

I just had the same appetizer on IST-TLV and it was way better - still not best airline food I've had, but pretty darn good. Will post a photo in a bit - it even looked different.

So does TK carry food from "home" on return flights or does it get it prepared locally? If the latter - I guess that would explain the terrible food quality of BKK. As an aside, TK lounge at BKK is a joke food-wise, the worst of all *A lounges both at BKK and pretty much anywhere else I've seen. They really should not have bothered.

Last edited by tr3k; Aug 8, 2019 at 7:23 am
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:30 am

Could not insert the photo into the previous message for some reason, so here it is.

IST-TLV
vincewy and SFOTraveler1984 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
So does TK carry food from "home" on return flights or does it get it prepared locally? If the latter - I guess that would explain the terrible food quality of BKK.
For flights 8 hours or longer it's the latter. For medium range, like 2-5 hours, it seems to be former, you can tell the food under tinfoil wrap with the label "dönüş". I believe this is to reduce turnaround time and also cost at outstations.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match

TK1827 - IST-CDG, Tuesday 6th August 2019

Looks exactly the same as @tr3k had in post #42 ! My main was satay chicken with buttered rice. The chicken was moist and I thoroughly enjoyed the seafood potpourri starter. All the meal lacked was some lokum with the post-meal tea.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I had 3 trips BKK-BRU so far and am not impressed by the food (the BRU-IST food is decent enough)
I flew QR for 5 years before switching to TK and found QR food to be excellent. QR has become too expensive...
Last BKK departure I visited BR lounge, excellent and best BKK shower sofar, did not have time to visit TK lounge (incoming flight got diverted to UTP!)
I am considering a real good meal at BKK Novotel between two flights after check in, plenty of time and simply sleeping all the way BKK-IST.
Found the breakfast omelette way to fluffy and I have 4h for breakfast at IST lounge, might pass the onboard breakfast also...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.