Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeer0
Lounge Location
IST International Terminal. Near Gate 220

Video walkthrough of the lounge made on 2016-05-25

IST TK Lounge Walkthrough - YouTube

Getting In

Opening Hours: 24 hrs per day

Entrances: 2 entrances - one in the main terminal, another from the far-left side of the check-in area of the airport with separate passport control, Only for TK Business Class passengers or TK Elite Plus in Y, but not Elite or other *G cards, you need to go through main passport control and enter from airside). Entry in the main terminal is done by automated gates. You need a boarding pass with your status on it, if that is not present, please ask the lounge matrons and they'll manually let you in. It is also necessary to consult the front desk if you're bringing a guest(s).

Dedicated entry from the check in area (far left side as you face security/immigration) is only open from 5am to 12am midnight, outside of those hours you must enter the main terminal first and use that entrance.

Prior noted in this wiki, was that there was three entrances, however that one is an exit only that can be found in the lower level of the lounge.

Bag Storage: There are lockers right next to the main entrance on both floors. Lockers are emptied at night.

Eligibility:
Business Class travellers on international flights operated by Turkish Airlines,
Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus members (they may invite their families or one guest),
Star Alliance Gold members (they may invite one guest),
First and Business Class travellers on flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines.

Must travel on Turkish Airlines or Star Alliance

The lounge cannot be accessed through Priority Pass or by paying at the entrance. There are many other pay lounges at IST.

Multiple Entries:
If you're connecting and want to visit Istanbul, you can enter the lounge with your connecting BP, enjoy the lounge then go back to Immigration, enter Turkey, and come back to the lounge after your visit.

To go landside from the lounge: leave the lounge on the upper level and walk straight toward the food court. Just before the food court there is a set of stairs on the left (look for signs to the mosque) that takes you down to the arrival level, and then to the immigration counters.

Facilities

Working
Free Wi-Fi (you get the code by scanning your boarding pass at machines dotted around the lounge)
Showers
Printers and computers

Eating
Extensive Food and Drink Areas

Upstairs:
Turkish desserts, ie baklava
Nut station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Kofte/grill station
Pasta
Mezze
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic)
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Downstairs:
Turkish "special of the month"/chef's station
Coffee station + Demel cakes
Simit cart
Kofte/grill station
Manti
Pasta
Mezze
Make-your-own-tea/wellness tea station
Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic), stands throughout the lounge
Fresh fruits
Fresh pide
Olive bar
Nut bar

Early morning food differences
"Turkish special of the month" chef's station serving breakfast foods instead (e.g. gozleme)
Kofte station replaced by made-to-order omelette bar/breakfast items
Mini-simits, croissants, and other breakfast pastries
Demel cakes not taken out until ~ 8am
Turkish desserts not taken out until after 8am
Mezze station replaced by muesli, yogurt station

Smoking
This is a non smoking lounge, smoking area is upstairs at the far end of the terminal.

Relaxing
Relaxation Rooms (see below)
Ironing service
Newspapers and Library
Media wall
Pool Table
Golf simulator
RC car track
Self-playing piano
2x PS4 systems with FIFA and NBA

Sleeping in the Lounge

There are 5-7 relaxation rooms.

Eligibility:
4-7 hour layover for TK Business and Elite Plus customers in Economy Class.
International to International connections only

You can only use them only if you are connecting to/from a longhaul Turkish Airlines flight (8+ hours) AND your layover is between 4 and 7 hours.
Couches throughout the lounge.

You may be eligible for a free hotel outside the airport.
Print Wikipost

TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2018 onwards Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Different question. My friends (husband and wife, no status) will be flying TK Business from USA transit to Athens, so they have access. Their daughter will meet up with them at IST transiting from NYC on TK economy. Is it possible for the daughter to join her parents in TK Lounge? Can they pay for the daughter?

Last edited by CIT85; Jul 9, 2018 at 11:21 am
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by CIT85
Different question. My friends (husband and wife, no status) will be flying TK Business from USA transit to Athens, so they have access. Their daughter will meet up with them at IST transiting from NYC on TK economy. Is it possible for the daughter to join her parents in TK Lounge? Can they pay for the daughter?
If they don't have *G, they cannot guest anyone in and there is no payment option. She can always ask someone at the door though.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I feel the lounge has gone downhill. People sleeping everywhere, no shoes on, feet all over the seats. I do hope that TK divides their new lounge in the new airport for Star Golds and for Business Passengers. Its a sad state currently. Where do these people come from?
nikolask likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I feel the lounge has gone downhill. People sleeping everywhere, no shoes on, feet all over the seats. I do hope that TK divides their new lounge in the new airport for Star Golds and for Business Passengers. Its a sad state currently. Where do these people come from?
I've found some elites easily as boorish as any passenger that you will find. I don't know if that is any solution.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Much, much too crowded during my recent visits.

Admittedly arriving early Friday am leaving late Friday am, the shower queue in the morning was 4 hours ..... Difficult to find a seat.
Got some sleep at night, not helped by a genius who thought he'd practice playing the piano at 3 am. Yes, practice - trying to remember the lessons he had when he was four....
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I finally used the lounge for the first time today...and was not disappointed. It was fairly quiet when I arrived, but pretty busy when I left. I had about 4 hours, which was perfect for a first visit.

I LIKED: passport control at lounge entrance, baklava buffet, delicious manti, delicious grilled chicken and kofte, delicious Turkish delight on most of the hot drinks stations.

I DISLIKED: there being no doner kebab station. I'm sure I'd read of one. Maybe they rotate (geddit? Doner station...) the offerings or vary them over time.

Overall, I loved it. The food quality really was excellent and really tasty. I'd read a few reviews saying it is not worth the hype, but I disagree. I can't wait to see if they try to top it at the new airport.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Any information on the lounge/s at the new airport? I couldn't find anything.
thanks
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Any information on the lounge/s at the new airport? I couldn't find anything.
thanks
there will be 4 lounges, 1 domestic, 3 international.
cloudzocker and gr8pirate like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by axxoo25
there will be 4 lounges, 1 domestic, 3 international.
Already in the initial terminal or once the airport is fully built-out with a dedicated TK terminal?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Already in the initial terminal or once the airport is fully built-out with a dedicated TK terminal?
I dont have information on that, but sonsiderung the building I think three lounges in the main terminal and one in the smaller one (when its finished).

Since the smaller building will be used as domestic, but its not built, I believe that one international lounge will be used as domestic while the other 2 in the main building will be used for international pax.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm putting a trip together, and it appears that we will be overnighting in IST, DUB-IST-NAP in J. I'm assuming we have lounge access? Right? What about access to the suits?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I'm putting a trip together, and it appears that we will be overnighting in IST, DUB-IST-NAP in J. I'm assuming we have lounge access? Right? What about access to the suits?
Sleeping rooms in the IST lounge
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Not so great
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BRK-B
IST CIP Lounge peak hours?

-as per title-
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It tends to be a zoo around 22h-1h when all the longhaul aircraft depart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.