Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:03 am

I did four flights after getting targeted but only got the extra miles credited for one segment. All were international, two between Spain and Turkey, two between Turkey and China. Filed a ticket. Five days since last segment, no change yet. Also have enough status miles for requalifying now but my expiration date has not changed on the site.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by pandablood
I did four flights after getting targeted but only got the extra miles credited for one segment. ..
I've done 50% better than you - three flights out of eight
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pandablood
I did four flights after getting targeted but only got the extra miles credited for one segment. All were international, two between Spain and Turkey, two between Turkey and China. Filed a ticket. Five days since last segment, no change yet. Also have enough status miles for requalifying now but my expiration date has not changed on the site.
12 for 12 😎
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
After flying to BKK on 2/6 and back on 5/6 promo miles posted yesterday, status changed today to Elite plus.
Where can I find the upgrade voucher?
Visible online and usable aswell or do you always have to call?
The next set will be awarded- on 1.1 or on 16.6.18 when the second year of Eilte plus starts?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Miles successfully credited within less than a week after the trip. Amazing! Now it's time to add few extra miles to renew Elite Plus and find the best value for redemption (The tricky part? Luckily, there is always something.).
I hope they won't stop with promotions like this, even though, even if it's just once within next 2 or 4 years, I'd still be fine with it.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Well, it seems like a technical error has been fixed...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Arrrrgh! Yes, same here. I should have acted before that!
Darn...........
Dont know what catched their attention but hopefully not from here
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Originally Posted by FFlash
Arrrrgh! Yes, same here. I should have acted before that!
Darn...........
Dont know what catched their attention but hopefully not from here
what are you guys talking about?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by dtphonehome
what are you guys talking about?
I don't know the exact details, but there was an error that credited miles above and beyond the promotion for some people.

now that the cat is out of the bag, could you let us know the details?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I don't know the exact details, but there was an error that credited miles above and beyond the promotion for some people.

Interesting. Personally, I'm just glad about the 240k miles I gathered from this promo. ^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
240k? Thats impressive...i only scorred around 76k but more than happy with that...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

I had my quadruple miles quadrupled for one very long flight. It was an extra 130K miles or so.

I don't particularly mind losing the redeemable miles because I know errors are liable to be reversed, but instead of just buying a ticket to IST to lock in my E+ renewal during the 4x promo, I burned some of my short-lived miles bonanza.

Which now means I'm not sure whether I will get my E+ renewed, and my TK miles balance is looking poor again...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it was more than likely due to comments on this thread...............
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
Yes, it was more than likely due to comments on this thread...............
I assume you are joking...

TK can barely manage to run their own social media feeds much less participate on FT, and have proven time and time again that they cannot read and understand English language emails and respond with anything other than a standard form. The vast majority of TK customer service agents contacted had no clue about this promotion other than to reply "sorry, it's targeted" to people who were targeted.

But somebody important at TK noticed a few cryptic comments on Flyertalk and decided to audit select M&S accounts even though it is close to impossible to connect FT nicknames with actual real life identities? I suppose... or whoever was running the promo within TK simply took another look at the numbers on the final day of the promo and fixed any errors he/she saw.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes Craig, agents are inept, etc etc. You really think that no one at TK, nor not anyone they know ever looks at FT and would perhaps inform them? You think that FT is a super secret thing that no one knows about?

And no, they are not auditing select accounts, everyone who was coded wrong and got too many miles will have them removed, so it is really something that is done quite quickly and effectively by just adjusting a bit of code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.