Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Up to 4x Status Miles!

Do your mileage runs before the 15th of June to earn 2x status miles in economy, 4x in business!

Last edited by EK788; Mar 3, 2017 at 7:26 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
To avoid confusion which was around during similar offer in autumn 2016, this promotion is only valid for invited members, i.e. those who received the related email from TK.

Nice offer, though!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
As one of the lucky recipients of this email, I wonder if the 2x/4x miles count only toward status, or if they are redeemable as well.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: TK Elite +, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by finlandokie
As one of the lucky recipients of this email, I wonder if the 2x/4x miles count only toward status, or if they are redeemable as well.
I doubt that the miles would be redeemable, although it would be great if they are.

Also, can someone clarify the conditions associated with this offer? Do flights have to be reserved within the offer period (8th March to 15th June) for them to be eligible or does this offer apply to previously reserved flights but flown between 8th Mar to 15th June?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Hey,

i have just talked to Turkish. Nobody knows really about this promotion there.
And i even called the istanbul office.

As i don't know if it has to be booked from now til 8th March, or from 8th March?
And if the miles are only for the status membership.

I have sent an email thru thy.com and to Facebook page.

Will let u know
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Uff that would be great. I just need that! However I did not receive any e-mail from them, and the explanation on the page is odd.

Let's see...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
i also wonder about status/redeemable miles question as well, here are the conditions:

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.
From now on , until June15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.
Campaign Rules and Conditions
Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on
Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish
Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:52 am
tcm

Good luck in making sense of the wording of those rules not that my English language proficiency is any better, but one would expect a company like TK to make a more professional effort...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I'd honestly be a lot happier if I could earn 4x Bonus miles instead of status miles, but this offer would be great for those that don't travel much and want to achieve/retain status.

For a data point -
1 return flight in J from MNL to JFK gives you Elite+ status already. Seems a bit too good to be true..
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Cool

Originally Posted by EK788
I'd honestly be a lot happier if I could earn 4x Bonus miles instead of status miles, but this offer would be great for those that don't travel much and want to achieve/retain status.

For a data point -
1 return flight in J from MNL to JFK gives you Elite+ status already. Seems a bit too good to be true..
Yes, you are right. But not many people fly such half way around the world...
Maybe TK wants to retain old FF and find new ones, this is a good way, at least they are paying and flying TK...

Also I don't understand the following:
Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.

TK's english is bad, bad...
Probably they wanted to say: Miles credited after the flight (if the card is not stated before) are not valid.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:13 pm

Turkish Airlines is so messy, I wonder if they have a system where they can check who has been contacted directly.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:01 pm

New message from THY´s Facebook, they did send a request to MilesandSmiles and they should contact me very soon, so will see.

So do i understand it correctly?

Flight - NYC - IST one way gives normal 8.000miles. Return is 16.000.
16.000 x 4 = 64.000 miles
so just 16.000miles short to become Elite plus member?

is this calculating right?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
New message from THY´s Facebook, they did send a request to MilesandSmiles and they should contact me very soon, so will see.

So do i understand it correctly?

Flight - NYC - IST one way gives normal 8.000miles. Return is 16.000.
16.000 x 4 = 64.000 miles
so just 16.000miles short to become Elite plus member?

is this calculating right?
NYC - IST gives us about 5000 miles one way...so that puts you at elite status in 1 J trip
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by EK788
NYC - IST gives us about 5000 miles one way...so that puts you at elite status in 1 J trip

Ah ok.. I guess as i am silver i get a bit more.
So its 5000 which is 4x only.. ok thanks
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Ah ok.. I guess as i am silver i get a bit more.
So its 5000 which is 4x only.. ok thanks
No, you are correct that all C+, E and E+ passengers earn 8000 status miles (160%) flying J (8,750 in fare bucket C & D at 175%) however I am assuming that when they say "4 times," they are saying 4 times the base status miles at 100%.

Just my assumption though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.