Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
I've received my miles from March flights and all family has qualified to E+. I guess it won't be easy to use E+ vouchers in the nearest future

Anyway, those who have the family membership, have your new bonus miles appeared at the main household account?
Old May 10, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by ristasm
+1, tought i'm the only one let's wait and see
Same !
I thought it was just a nice gesture for having been patient with them

My status changed overnight as well. E+ until 2019 is pretty good !
Old May 10, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
On the VNO-IST leg now. Only pax in business haha
Old May 10, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It would be impossible to miss.
Thanks for the input.

Then it seems, I was missed! No problem.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:59 am

No glitch on mine - I received exactly what I was promised per the terms of the promo and it put me over the threshold for renewal. #winning
Old May 10, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Congrats to all for getting your miles successfully credited! I just hope they will keep the promotion running until its scheduled end date :-)
Old May 10, 2017, 7:48 am

Just begun my journey today, at the lounge now. Is there any worse feeling than being here & not hungry at all????? LOL
Old May 10, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Just begun my journey today, at the lounge now. Is there any worse feeling than being here & not hungry at all????? LOL
Yes, being in the lounge, not hungry at all, nor thirsty at all
Old May 10, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
....Is there any worse feeling than being here & not hungry at all????? LOL
Yup. Arriving at Buenos Aires stuffed and hung-over

Enjoy your trip!! (and stop worrying about the points miss-mash, it seems to be working out)

Last edited by IAN-UK; May 10, 2017 at 2:12 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Guys, check your account. Mine is upgraded to elite plus already.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: TK Gold, AZ Gold, HH Honours Gold, SPG Platin
Mine posted as well.

As I had my requalification period until April 30th this year, it worked perfect for me (return flight was on May 1st).

I'm now Elite until 4/30/19 and would need only 10kish miles in the first year to overpass the 25k-hurdle for requalification.

Question: If I should manage the 25k in the first year (which shouldn't be a problem at all if I don't credit to Eurobonus or Asiana), will I then be Elite until April 2020 or until April 2021?

Thanks for your input!
Old May 10, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
I am at IST, was flying to BKK at 1:35 but just after take off we stoped climbing at 1500m so i knew something was wrong and after 30 minutes they announced we would go back to IST because of the technical reason but we had to burn fuel as we were full so it took us flying around Istanbul for the 5 hours before being able to land. Still waiting for the information about new flight. Was funny when the people woke up asking for the Thai imigration card
Old May 10, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by ristasm
I am at IST, was flying to BKK at 1:35 but just after take off we stoped climbing at 1500m so i knew something was wrong and after 30 minutes they announced we would go back to IST because of the technical reason but we had to burn fuel as we were full so it took us flying around Istanbul for the 5 hours before being able to land. Still waiting for the information about new flight. Was funny when the people woke up asking for the Thai imigration card
lol thats hilarious! Im at the lounge now waiting to board TK15.

5 hours seems like an awful long time to burn fuel...
Old May 11, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by luschnik
Mine posted as well.

As I had my requalification period until April 30th this year, it worked perfect for me (return flight was on May 1st).

I'm now Elite until 4/30/19 and would need only 10kish miles in the first year to overpass the 25k-hurdle for requalification.

Question: If I should manage the 25k in the first year (which shouldn't be a problem at all if I don't credit to Eurobonus or Asiana), will I then be Elite until April 2020 or until April 2021?

Thanks for your input!
With 25K in year 1 (1 May - 30 April), you'd stay Elite until April 2021.

Hopefully that 1 May flight (+ bonus) you mention will post in your new membership year, but with TK who knows...
Old May 11, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
Guys, check your account. Mine is upgraded to elite plus already.
yes, mine also now correctly upgraded to E+ finally.

Happy camper for sure.
But then, now starts another stress factor, how to burn those miles (I am not at all convince that "my account value holds"...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.