Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
This could be interesting...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
just saw turkish has an a330 with 1-1-1 business
does anyone know where do they fly to?

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Tu...A330-200_C.php
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
multiple miles are always counted towards base miles so it would be 4x5000
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
got this email too. thinking of doing an MR just for the status. However, I would like to get the details before I book. I don't want TK to tell me later that I did not do it right ...
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:01 am
tcm

I wonder whether this is targeted to those that felt short changed with the status match
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
The promotion is probably targeted at elites who haven't flown much recently.

I got my Elite status 2.5 years ago through a match with my American Airlines Executive Platinum status. But in reality Turkish and Star in general are my backup airline when OneWorld can't get me where I am going. It took an effort to meet my renewal goal at 2 years and I haven't flown Turkish or Star since.

What I wonder is whether the multiplier applies to what you would otherwise have earned or to base miles. I have an upcoming trip I could fly on Turkish, and the cheapest economy ticket (actually a really good price) is in T class that would normally earn 50% elite qualifying miles and redeemable.

So during the promotion, do I get 2 x 50%? or 2 x 100% of the miles flown? Because at the same price I could also fly Ethiopian, and as far as I can tell, all Ethiopian flights (well, in the classes I am looking at) earn 100% qualifying and redeemable miles anyway.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: TK Elite
I got the Email, was Gold until October 2016 now Silver.

Are we 100% sure the 4x promotion is only for status & not bonus miles? That's too bad :/

Any good promotions ex Europe with TK in J?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by Jerry_Maguire

I got my Elite status 2.5 years ago through a match with my American Airlines Executive Platinum status. But in reality Turkish and Star in general are my backup airline when OneWorld can't get me where I am going. It took an effort to meet my renewal goal at 2 years and I haven't flown Turkish or Star since.

What I wonder is whether the multiplier applies to what you would otherwise have earned or to base miles. I have an upcoming trip I could fly on Turkish, and the cheapest economy ticket (actually a really good price) is in T class that would normally earn 50% elite qualifying miles and redeemable.

So during the promotion, do I get 2 x 50%? or 2 x 100% of the miles flown? Because at the same price I could also fly Ethiopian, and as far as I can tell, all Ethiopian flights (well, in the classes I am looking at) earn 100% qualifying and redeemable miles anyway.
I am sure that the miles are credited regarding the original miles, that means if T gets you 50% than that would be x2 and if C gets you 150% you will get 4x that, I assume.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Jerry_Maguire
I got the email and am Elite+ with 130000 miles in past 12 months.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by finlandokie
As one of the lucky recipients of this email, I wonder if the 2x/4x miles count only toward status, or if they are redeemable as well.
Everything I have seen from Miles & Smiles suggests that "status miles" ARE "redeemable miles".

But my last TK flights were in 2014. Those "50% bonus" routes always showed up in my account as status miles.

I have only ever received "bonus miles" from buying miles and other free miles from updating my account details etc.

Looking forward to feedback from whoever is tempted enough to do some TK flights.

http://flyingpiggie.com/2017/03/targ...tus-promotion/
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:36 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
I got the Email, was Gold until October 2016 now Silver.

Are we 100% sure the 4x promotion is only for status & not bonus miles? That's too bad :/

Any good promotions ex Europe with TK in J?
Checking right now but not finding anything

Promotion on tk website:
Matrix wont show FKB-HAV, it is only in eco but it says semi-flexible so it might be a 100% fare it should be like like roughly 30k miles Return *4 ~~

I need 20k miles to requalify... is it for 1 or 2 years ?

"Only international flights are valid for this promotion"

Last edited by cln; Mar 4, 2017 at 9:32 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:55 am

I just realized that THY has another offer
if you fly within Scandinavia to Istanbul u get double miles.

So in that case its double and 4x.. thats a good deal for March
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:20 am
cln

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
I just realized that THY has another offer
if you fly within Scandinavia to Istanbul u get double miles.

So in that case its double and 4x.. thats a good deal for March
Can u post a link ?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:26 am

Cant find it now.

But its double miles when u fly from Scandinavia in March 2017.

Folks, so how is it, to get this 4x miles offer, do i have to book the flight until 7th March?
Or is it from 8th March? Someone knows?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:46 am
cln

"This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017"

i dont know who is writing this T&C's but it is just laughable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.