Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying next week. Two targeted emails, both link to T&Cs showing 15 June expiry. Booked after the promo period started, direct with TK. Can't think of a single reason I won't get the bonus miles unless TK have simply decided to bait-and-switch everybody. Will let you all know what the outcome is of course...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by nmsondrej
I am wondering whether TK have something like ba ec soft-landing: accumulating 80K status miles in year means *G for 4 years or 2 years?
It's a soft landing, as far as I know, you'll have another two years of Elite status after losing E+
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
It's a soft landing, as far as I know, you'll have another two years of Elite status after losing E+
Yes... soft landing to Elite... which is why a few people are jumping on the opportunity to get E+ from a single long-haul return (and perhaps why TK are possibly realising how ridiculously over-generous this promo is and playing dumb about it)

4 years of *A Gold...
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:53 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
hmm, anyone else targeted flew recently ? in the german forum no one got bonus miles from europe to ist
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by cln
hmm, anyone else targeted flew recently ? in the german forum no one got bonus miles from europe to ist
I am just flying my return flight, the outbound flight was 5 days ago but still no bonus miles. I booked this flight before 6th march, i'll update if the bonus points post.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
As an ex-loyal member with TK who was left out of this offer, I am not keen to continue my loyalty with them. Therefore, since this offer was announced, I chose Qatar Airways and BA instead. I also flew Tap & Aegean but not TK (Using their program of course). I have a flight planned out of LIS to MCT 31st March, and I'll choose another carrier but not TK sorry. Maybe a skyteam or a oneworld..
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
no bonus yet, booked in 13th of March

Ist/BKK/Ist
standard Miles for J received after 2 days, no bonus Miles so far
Flew on 16/20th of March
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beduin
As an ex-loyal member with TK who was left out of this offer.
Based on the reports filtering out, I'm starting to wonder whether I wasted $2000.

Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky that you weren't targeted for an offer that TK might not be honouring...
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Based on the reports filtering out, I'm starting to wonder whether I wasted $2000.

Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky that you weren't targeted for an offer that TK might not be honouring...
same here but i will fight it to the end
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
ACC-IST-ACC in Y, just to test it out before I went crazy and booked a long haul flight in J.

Received the standard amount of miles. Utterly disappointed.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Now wanting to sound mean or anything, but I hope that the promo has been pulled. It was way too generous, and frankly unfair to us who've earned Elite Plus the hard way. Spent approximately €20-25K on Star Alliance last year, the majority of which went towards reaching and retaining E+ on TK.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LH4116
and frankly unfair to us who've earned Elite Plus the hard way
Loyalty, much like pricing in general, will increasingly be personalized so that companies can extract the maximum amount of money from every individual customer. Of course this will feel "unfair", but that's how the game is evolving. I think this TK promo is just a very crude and poorly executed first taste of things to come.
Spent approximately €20-25K on Star Alliance last year, the majority of which went towards reaching and retaining E+ on TK.
If you spent that much, I really hope that you spent it on travelling places you needed to go and picked up E+ as a side benefit. If not, let me show you much much cheaper ways to get Star Gold, even without promos involved...
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Now wanting to sound mean or anything, but I hope that the promo has been pulled. It was way too generous, and frankly unfair to us who've earned Elite Plus the hard way. Spent approximately €20-25K on Star Alliance last year, the majority of which went towards reaching and retaining E+ on TK.
Aww... *sob sob*

1. Had you received it, the sound would've been different.
2. Seriously, are those numbers correct? How do you spend that amount of money and only receive E+ on TK? You must've done something wrong with your conversion to Euros.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Come on, are you trolling? Didn't you match your status to Elite in the beginning? That was equalliy unfair to those who had earned it the hard way.

I wasn't selected for this promotion either - but that is business life. TK thinks from my history that I don't need incentives to fly them. If other people get this promotion doesn't bother me though I ofc had wanted to have it myself as well.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:54 pm
tcm

I have to agree, even though I tried/hoped to be targeted by the promo just for the miles, second time bait and switch this year I guess....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.