Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by renners
Hi CoweyB,
any update here? mine will expire next week and I did two international flights and 35000 miles. Would be nice if it will be extended automatically or if I have to open a case here.
Thanks
I waited two days after the four month period ended on 24 May but when it didn't update automatically I re-opened the case which I had requested the status match originally. That got me a speedy reply and the 12 month extension to Boxing Day 2016 (an extra two days as I was granted a status challenge on Christmas Eve!) and I asked for a Superman Card which duly arrived about ten days later...

...unfortunately the new Superman card had the expired date on 24 May not 26 December 2016 which sort of defeated the object so I will need to order a new one - though my next Star Alliance flight isn't until the end of July.

The December date does appears on the app though.

Clive
Old May 11, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by nickkilla
Should be the same. Not sure if needed, but they took a copy anyway to show it wasn't PS'd also.
Thanks. How long did it take for your colleagues to get matched after they went to the Tk office? I went with my spouse to the Tk office a few days ago and we had to explain to the staff there our situation as they were not aware of status matches. They made a photocopy of her a3 card and passport numbers and took down her feedback numbers as well. We are still waiting for the outcome.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I waited two days after the four month period ended on 24 May but when it didn't update automatically I re-opened the case which I had requested the status match originally. That got me a speedy reply and the 12 month extension to Boxing Day 2016 (an extra two days as I was granted a status challenge on Christmas Eve!) and I asked for a Superman Card which duly arrived about ten days later...

...unfortunately the new Superman card had the expired date on 24 May not 26 December 2016 which sort of defeated the object so I will need to order a new one - though my next Star Alliance flight isn't until the end of July.

The December date does appears on the app though.

Clive
you got 12 month, did you passed the 15k miles as well? or just the international flights? I expect to get 2 years now as I did 6 int. flights and 30k miles.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Got the 4 month trial status match.

Does anyone know whether this grants Star Alliance Gold status within the 4 month period before you fly the TK flight to extend it? For example, recently got the status match, and have a United domestic flight coming up. Haven't flown any TK flight yet, or even credited anything to TK. Do I have lounge access for just a domestic UA flight?
Old May 12, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Got the 4 month trial status match.

Does anyone know whether this grants Star Alliance Gold status within the 4 month period before you fly the TK flight to extend it? For example, recently got the status match, and have a United domestic flight coming up. Haven't flown any TK flight yet, or even credited anything to TK. Do I have lounge access for just a domestic UA flight?
Yes, you have acess. The 4 month period is a full *G status.
Old May 12, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by karakas
Yes, you have acess. The 4 month period is a full *G status.
Thanks.

But rather odd that after online check in for United flight, Star alliance gold isn't printed on the boarding pass, nor is Group 2 boarding (it currently shows Group 3, which is for general). May have to deal with counter agent tomorrow.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
My recent experience:

I have had TK gold status for a year and a half, from when they used to give out the full 2 year gold status, which is running out in a few months.

So i opened a new TK account, and put that number into my recent TK award booking booked using A3 miles. But it showed up as a classic account even though i was accepted for the status match and online says gold. I originally had my gold number in it, which showed up as gold, but i told the check in agent to change it to this number , which showed up as classic, but she let me check through my extra baggage.
And the award booking has not shown up on my activities, and therefore has not extended my new 4 month status.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:06 pm

Follow up to 2 posts up thread- I see what I accidentally did incorrectly:

So I copied and pasted my TK number from the original email that I received when I signed up. This was a string of numbers with TK as the first two letters. When I was entering this into United's website, I selected Turkish Airlines, and entered TKxxxxxxxx. Boarding pass didn't show star gold. I noticed this on a closer look, took out the TK and entered only the string of numbers (selecting TK from the drop down window) and voila. Star alliance gold.

These are very minor details (and somewhat annoying), but that was what happened.
Old May 13, 2016, 12:05 am

Here is my report on whats happening after the 4 month.
The facts:
Challenge:
- 1 International TK flight for 1 year status
- + 15k miles for 2 years status

I did:
- 6 International TK flights
- + 32k miles in the trial period

Now tonight they upgraded my card but just for one year. There is now the new challenge shown to fly 15k miles. I have to say I'm disappointed as I already did 32k miles in the 4 month.
Wrote them a feedback to upgrade my card to two years. I'll keep you posted on the feedback.
Old May 13, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by renners
you got 12 month, did you passed the 15k miles as well? or just the international flights? I expect to get 2 years now as I did 6 int. flights and 30k miles.
No not yet, I'm only at 8912 but I have some flights coming up shortly that will take me over the 15k limit so that will get me to December 2017.

But a trip later in the year to BKK means I might get to 25K - but I don't know what happens then. Will that extend me another year to December 2018 or will it just be a year from when I hit 25K for Elite renewal.

Any ideas?
Old May 13, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Thanks.

But rather odd that after online check in for United flight, Star alliance gold isn't printed on the boarding pass, nor is Group 2 boarding (it currently shows Group 3, which is for general). May have to deal with counter agent tomorrow.
Have the same problems with Lufthansa, but i show my card at the CI counter and Lounges.

Priority Boarding is no problem.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
When do you receive the Elite Card?

Hi,
I was accepted for status match for 4 month period towards the end of April. Do TK send out an Elite card to cover this period or is the card only send out once you fly 1 International flight with them? If it is the second option how do you prove you have Elite status?
Cheers
Steve
Old May 18, 2016, 10:10 am

When requesting for a lost card, do you get a confirmation message?

I only get a "-" in the confirmation message box.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA,AA,KE
Hi, anyone had luck with matching BA Silver (ie OW Sapphire)? Is it better to first sign up and then ask for the match or v/v?
Old May 24, 2016, 12:46 pm

For this status match/challenge

The first international leg has to be on TK but for the 15k miles can it be a mix of TK and partner airlines?

Does business class bonus count toward the 15k miles?

Lastly if my *Gold/OWE/Elite Plus is expiring Dec 31, 2016 when is the deadline to apply status match with TK, do they need your status to be valid for x amount of period?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.