Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles & Smiles number not recognised as Star Alliance Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi,

I have Miles & Smiles Elite plus. I have a number of Lufthansa and Austrian flights coming up. My Miles & Smiles number is lodged in the online reservation.

Last night I took my first leg of an Austrian flight. I was surprised to be denied lounge access as the agent said they couldn't see I was *Gold. I only had my luggage tag with me (not the full card) and she nearly didn't let me in with that as it has no expiry date. Eventually I was let in (but told I wouldn't be next time without the card)

I'm worried that my return leg on Austrian will be the same (I still don't have my card) - and my future Lufthansa flights.

Anyone else had this problem?
A

Has anyone else had this problem>
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:40 am

Lightbulb

This thread might be interesting for you: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...gold-card.html
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Adstring
Hi,

I have Miles & Smiles Elite plus. I have a number of Lufthansa and Austrian flights coming up. My Miles & Smiles number is lodged in the online reservation.

Last night I took my first leg of an Austrian flight. I was surprised to be denied lounge access as the agent said they couldn't see I was *Gold. I only had my luggage tag with me (not the full card) and she nearly didn't let me in with that as it has no expiry date. Eventually I was let in (but told I wouldn't be next time without the card)

I'm worried that my return leg on Austrian will be the same (I still don't have my card) - and my future Lufthansa flights.

A

No problems here.My E+ always shows as *G.Maybe an IT glitch.
Try to enter your E+ No.again during OLCI

Originally Posted by Torti555
This thread might be interesting for you: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...gold-card.html
He is E+ not E .
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Did you earn it or did you status match it? I've never had any problems with my Elite Card which was earned the regular way. Seems like many people who have just gotten their status match are experiencing this problem?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:47 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Looks like we have the 3rd thread open on the same subject within a few days...

Maybe we should have a Sticky on LH TK*G recognition?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
LH has also problems recognizing the status from other Star FFPs.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK ElitePlus
Had the same last week with A3 BRU-ATH and return. System did not recognise Elite status but no problems with lounge access and miles were in my account within 24h... probably an IT glitch? I am flying the same route in 3 weeks - curious to see if this persists.

JJBe

Originally Posted by Adstring
Hi,

A

Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Provide TK# at checkin and beware of mobile apps

Also make sure your number gets entered / NOT OVERWRITTEN at checkin.
I realized that
a.) some mobile Apps try to force my frequent flyer number with the airline who build the app on every checkin, overwriting my TK# from the PNR
b.) when booking a ticket online directly with an airline, they try to force my FF# with them on the booking (instead of my TK one when it's not TK)
c.) The same might happen when maybe A3 has your passport in their system
d.) never used a third party booking site for airline ticket, but might be worse with them...

As a data point: During the last 4 weeks, I had
1x LH, 2x UA, 2x NZ, 1xSQ, 2xTK (and in the 6 months before: 5xLH, 1xBR, 1xCA, 3xSQ, 4xLX, 2xUA, 2xTK)
all international business class, except for 3xLH = intra German economy, I always checked in at a counter and always made sure my TK# was on the boarding pass. It never failed.

It always worked, and my TK status was always recognized by all the above *A carriers I used (when I made online bookings I had to adjust the # as mentioned above, and when I tried to use the apps for checkin, they sometimes replaced the ff# from the PNR as mentioned above).
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Always have your card with ayou, at least for LH, LX, OS

For lounge access also make sure to carry your physical card:
I was an LH FTL till this year, and even when I was flying with LH as one of their own elite customers and they had the status printed on the boarding pass, they still required the physical card.
Had to show it for lounge access every time - again, as one of their own frequent fliers, flying on one of their own flights with my status on the boarding pass when trying to enter one of their own lounges operate by themself...

So if you want to access an OS/LH/LX lounge, better make sure to carry the card even if they print your status on the boarding pass...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Just had the same problem flying on United.
The check-in kiosk said i had to pay for the bag. The agent solved this problem, though.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:18 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by igor82j
Just had the same problem flying on United.
The check-in kiosk said i had to pay for the bag. The agent solved this problem, though.
That must be the same United kiosk that said I needed a visa when travelling with an EU passport to an EU country
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by starflyergold
That must be the same United kiosk that said I needed a visa when travelling with an EU passport to an EU country
Been there, done that! Wanted both a visa and to charge me with baggage and refused to tag baggage all the way (intra-EU connecton on *A carrier on same UA-J-ticket).

First agent just repeated what the machine said, second one pressed a few buttons and got me through as expected.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:41 am

Just used it on UA and SQ, no issues on my end. All flights credited and counted. No issues with lounge either, but always have my card handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.