Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me maximize points?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Help me maximize points?

I have to purchase a ticket for an elderly person in another country, they want to use only TK, ticket value is $900. I have miles and smiles but the ticket will not be under my name, so I probably won't get the points, right?
I plan on using a capital one venture for this transaction because it is just opened to meet min req (I can use other cards if you have better suggestions).
Other than the points on the venture and possible travel credit after that from capital one can I get some more/other points from another source I am unaware of? TIA
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by mmamminna
II have miles and smiles but the ticket will not be under my name, so I probably won't get the points, right?
Right.

You can sign up to an affiliate portal such as Ebates.com (PM me for referral link) and then go through there to a booking engine such as expedia.com to make your booking. This way, you'll get another few % of cash-back on your purchase.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
You may also want to consider booking the ticket in Turkish lira or euros (as possible) in order to maximize the no foreign currency transaction fee--sometimes you can get a better exchange rate than what the airlines are willing to give.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.