Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Through-check bags? IST transit on 2 separate TK tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Through-check bags? IST transit on 2 separate TK tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
People who could afford flying J or a Turkish elite would probably be familiar with the concept. The main idea of this concept was for these people to avoid congestion and long lines at the regular terminal so that they could have a better experience.
Ironic that because as an Elite Plus for the last 10 years traveling in Business Class but based outside of Turkey, I had absolutely no idea about this and as a result spent over an hour in the generic line and then arguing with the agents!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:47 pm

Hi all sorry to revive this thread again. I’m travelling from SIN-IST (SQ) and IST-ASR (TK) on 2 PNRs in J. I take it from the conversations that it is still possible to interline my bags to the final destination at ASR? the website distill indicates that I would have to collect and check in after immigration.

on another note, would it be possible to use the lounge on the International side? Or I would have to immediately head over to the domestic terminal after cleaning customs. I have a 10hr transit…

Our passengers, coming from an international point and continuing to a domestic destination with customs control, whose transfer flight routes are arranged with a single ticket* Learn more

• Disembark from the aircraft with your cabin baggage only and go through passport control to enter the country.
  • Go to the domestic terminal.
  • After completing your flight, you can get your baggage from the airport at the arrival point.
*Including passengers whose routes are not arranged with a single ticket with Star Alliance member airlines or Turkish Airlines.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Wentworth010
Hi all sorry to revive this thread again. I’m travelling from SIN-IST (SQ) and IST-ASR (TK) on 2 PNRs in J. I take it from the conversations that it is still possible to interline my bags to the final destination at ASR? the website distill indicates that I would have to collect and check in after immigration.

on another note, would it be possible to use the lounge on the International side? Or I would have to immediately head over to the domestic terminal after cleaning customs. I have a 10hr transit…
Your first flight is operated by Singapore Airlines thus Singapore Airlines policies would be in effect rather than Turkish Airlines ones.

If you ask this question at the Singapore Airlines forum, you'll get a more precise answer.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, you can't use the the lounges (for international travel) when you are on a domestic flight from IST. Not possible.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
even for *G?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With a BP for a domestic flight the OP most likely will not be allowed to pass through transfer security to international airside, but will have to proceed through immigration to the domestic part of the terminal (where there is TK lounge for domestic travelers). In addition to that, presenting a BP for a domestic flight to enter the lounges will not work (entry will be denied). So getting access to the TK business lounge or M&S lounge as TK Elite or Star Alliance Gold is an absolute "no go". The domestic lounge is valid option though.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
With a BP for a domestic flight the OP most likely will not be allowed to pass through transfer security to international airside, but will have to proceed through immigration to the domestic part of the terminal (where there is TK lounge for domestic travelers). In addition to that, presenting a BP for a domestic flight to enter the lounges will not work (entry will be denied). So getting access to the TK business lounge or M&S lounge as TK Elite or Star Alliance Gold is an absolute "no go". The domestic lounge is valid option though.

thank you. If I were to book a Yotel it would most probably be on the land side? Would it be possible to head out instead of going through to domestic transfers immediately? My layout is around 6-7 hours. And I would like a place the rest.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, you would not be able to go through transfer security and reach int. airside. You would need to book it landside.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:15 am

No, you would not be able to go through transfer security and reach int. airside. You would need to book it landside.
thanks! Just read the Yotel FAQ explaining the landslide vs. airside as well.
regarding my transfer ticket and I’m on 2 PNRs I would need the IST-ASR boarding pass to be issued from the transit desk. It seems from the various YouTube videos I’ve watched. Once I go to the domestic transfer desk past immigration then I’m already within the domestic terminal and won’t be able to get out?
would you happen to know where I might be now to get my second boarding pass issued and still be able to stay for at Landside Yotel?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, you don't need to get your BP from the TK transit desk. You proceed through immigration and customs like any other pax with IST as final destination; then you end up in the arrivals hall/landside. You may proceed upstairs to the check-in counters to obtain your BP for the domestic flight or you can do it later. This is really uncomplicated; don't overthink this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:50 am

No, you don't need to get your BP from the TK transit desk. You proceed through immigration and customs like any other pax with IST as final destination; then you end up in the arrivals hall/landside. You may proceed upstairs to the check-in counters to obtain your BP for the domestic flight or you can do it later. This is really uncomplicated; don't overthink this.

thanks! It’s a lot clearer to me now.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:15 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am in the process of booking an upcoming trip and was wondering if TK would allow for me to thru check my bags through IST? I will be flying WAW-IST on LOT on ticket 1 (ANA issued) and then continuing on to IST-FRU on TK on ticket 2 (TK issued). WAW-IST is in J, IST-FRU in Y. The flight will arrive at 23:30 and depart at 1:10 so I'll be cutting it close, but I think it will be doable if I don't need to pick up bags. Only slightly concerned about the interlining as I failed to get TK to interline on FRU-IST-IAD-CMH with UA.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by doc4science
I am in the process of booking an upcoming trip and was wondering if TK would allow for me to thru check my bags through IST? I will be flying WAW-IST on LOT on ticket 1 (ANA issued) and then continuing on to IST-FRU on TK on ticket 2 (TK issued). WAW-IST is in J, IST-FRU in Y. The flight will arrive at 23:30 and depart at 1:10 so I'll be cutting it close, but I think it will be doable if I don't need to pick up bags. Only slightly concerned about the interlining as I failed to get TK to interline on FRU-IST-IAD-CMH with UA.
It depends on LO, not TK.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree, this has nothing to do with TK. It will be up to the LOT check-in agents at WAW whether the bags will tagged to FRU or to IST; TK has no say on this.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:32 am
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sounds good. I will inquire about this with LOT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.