Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK just matched my DL gold

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Location: TLV, JFK, ORD and everywhere in between (no longer SEA)
Programs: Delta PM
TK just matched my DL gold

Hi,

firstly, thanks to all the help here re matching. Turkish just matched me SI gold and their Elite membership.

Something I did not see on the website how long do they give their status? is it one or two years?

Any recommendations re my newly gotten status?
my main hub will be TLV, and I chose to match with Turkish since their flights from TLV to everywhere is extremely convenient and with abundance.

How's the upgrade for intl flights? does it ever happen (with regular coach tickets i.e lowest available price)? any recommendations re upgrades?

thanks!!
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Upgrades do occur occasionally in case of an overbooking situation, and unlike a certain german airline who treats their customers like garbage, TK actually upgrade based on status. It helps to travel alone which increases your chances quite a bit.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:05 am
Original Poster

thanks! how about reduced priced economy comfort for intl flights? i dont see any indication for this anywhere. with DL I have 50% off economy comfort "upgrades". how does it work with TK? free I hope?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Status is valid for 2 years from the date you were matched, TK do rolling membership years, not calendar years as US carriers.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

any word on economy comfort for elite? I can't find any info on it
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SeattleiteTelavivian
any word on economy comfort for elite? I can't find any info on it
Like all non-US carriers there are no complimentary upgrades with TK, operational ones yes but only if needed.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Like all non-US carriers there are no complimentary upgrades with TK, operational ones yes but only if needed.
I was referring to discounted economy comfort seats on intl flights. similar to the 50% I have on them as a DL gold
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SeattleiteTelavivian
I was referring to discounted economy comfort seats on intl flights. similar to the 50% I have on them as a DL gold
Sadly no such thing exists on Turkish. They do have Comfort Class which is their premium Economy, but that sells as a separate cabin class with its own booking classes and mileage accruals. Prices are quite competitive though and it provides some decent value for the money.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
Sadly no such thing exists on Turkish. They do have Comfort Class which is their premium Economy, but that sells as a separate cabin class with its own booking classes and mileage accruals. Prices are quite competitive though and it provides some decent value for the money.
ah. I see

do they then upgrade from coach to PE and then to business? I understand that they fly pretty much full at all time from TLV and that their IST-JFK flights are also packed, which is always good news for "space" related upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.