Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Help! Step-by-Step: How to book a Star Alliance award ticket with Miles & Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Step-by-Step: How to book a Star Alliance award ticket with Miles & Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
…And now my booking hold has been cancelled. The time limit ran out before I could even get in touch with the Arlanda ticket office. Oh well I'm not going crazy about trying to book a *A award with M&S so I'll just abandon those plans and spend more time in Tokyo. Now what can I do with 2x 10 000 miles?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
After calling, tweeting and mailing I just gave up and went to the airport desk. It took three staff members, but they were finally able to do the booking. Taxes were correct.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by NellieVA
I am looking to book a one-way award ticket on United using my M&S account. I have found a flight with an available seat -- at least using the United website -- but I still do not know how to book the actual ticket. I live near Washington, DC. If I go to the airport, can they book the ticket, or do I need to call M&S? I still can't believe that on-line booking for Star Alliance awards is not available. If anyone knows a relatively easy way to book the seat on United, I would appreciate the recommendation.

Thank you.
Is it still true that we can't book award tickets for *A online?

What about award tickets on TK, can it be done online?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:32 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by erik19283
Is it still true that we can't book award tickets for *A online?

What about award tickets on TK, can it be done online?
Yes and yes.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes and yes.
Thank you for the answers!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
What is the email address to the department that can make bookings via email?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
I am trying to do my first *A award ticket. Its not easy.

1.Step I emailed the local TK office
Answer: I can do the booking on the staralliance website (?????) over phone or direct in the office.
2.Step called the local hotline I got with the e-mail. The woman found a flight (ZRH-BKK over Dubai). I said I want to fly with THAI and not over DXB. She said she can not manually chose flights, I need to go the sales office.

Now I sent a email to an other sales office...lets see.......in the end I anyway need to go the local office to pay the taxes......

any advice??
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by northernstar84
I am trying to do my first *A award ticket. Its not easy.

1.Step I emailed the local TK office
Answer: I can do the booking on the staralliance website (?????) over phone or direct in the office.
2.Step called the local hotline I got with the e-mail. The woman found a flight (ZRH-BKK over Dubai). I said I want to fly with THAI and not over DXB. She said she can not manually chose flights, I need to go the sales office.

Now I sent a email to an other sales office...lets see.......in the end I anyway need to go the local office to pay the taxes......

any advice??
You are lucky that your local office even reply your emails. At CPH they don't bother with anything.

If your local office is not far away, try pop in there and have everything sorted (if you are certain about your trip). If you book it via their incompetent Call Centre, you'll still have to go to your local office to have the ticket ticketed.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
A little update.

After a lot of emailing with different sale offices agents I got my booking code.

The customer serivce is terrible. One agent found the availability of the flights I want but she insisted the Miles I need to pay are 60000 and not 45000. She said for the routing ZRH-CDG-BKK I need 2 tickets 15000 for ZRH-CDG and 45000 CDG-BKK. I gave up with her.
The other one was more competent but said there is no availabilty on the flight ZRH-CDG. As I did not have more patience I said she should just book CDG-BKK. After minutes I got the booking code.

It seems as soon there is a connecting flight they are clueless.
But one thing was the same with all agents. You NEED to pay the taxes in the local sales office. Its not possible online or over the phone.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Which office did you email to?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Can I use M&S miles to book SQ Suites? (I know they can't be booked with United)

Apologies if this has been answered before
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
TK might be an attractive destination for *G but if the only way to get award tickets is a TK office then that award miles might finish unused due to all these difficulties.
Not everyone has a TK office nearby. Meaning a *A flight cannot be booked at all.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Can I use M&S miles to book SQ Suites? (I know they can't be booked with United)

Apologies if this has been answered before
Don't think any *A program except for KrisFlyer can book SQ Suites. The only time that was possible was during the floodgate when SQ switched reservation system, and all award space suddenly became available to partners for 24 hours.

Originally Posted by flymexico2010
TK might be an attractive destination for *G but if the only way to get award tickets is a TK office then that award miles might finish unused due to all these difficulties.
Not everyone has a TK office nearby. Meaning a *A flight cannot be booked at all.
Yes that's correct. Also the fact that miles can't be used for one-way tickets is a huge minus which essentially takes away much of the value with the program. TK seriously need to do something about this, but I somehow get the impression that their management is very detatched.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
Yes that's correct. Also the fact that miles can't be used for one-way tickets is a huge minus which essentially takes away much of the value with the program. TK seriously need to do something about this, but I somehow get the impression that their management is very detatched.
even redemps on tk metal?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Based on my experience, booking over M&S hotline by phone works smoothly. BUT: So far ticketing by local TK office ALWAYS failed. At ZRH office, they always managed to retrieve the booking within seconds - but always failed to issue the ticket even after asking the supervisor, the supervisor calling Istanbul etc etc

I don't want to blame ZRH staff, they really went out of their way. After a while, all staff present were involved ... but without success, I'm afraid ... They were very apologetic, but this didn't change the situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.