Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Account & card don't reflect new status expiration, what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account & card don't reflect new status expiration, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Unhappy Account & card don't reflect new status expiration, what to do?

Over a month ago I purchased the 1000 miles missing to retain my elite status. However, on my account page it still says that my status expires this month. The account page says I have earned enough status miles and that 0 more is needed to retain status.

I sent M&S an email 3 weeks ago asking about this but have received no reply. As my physical card will expire in less than 2 weeks I called them today but was told all was normal. When I asked how to use the gold benefits without a card when travelling on partners, the answer was that the airline will look it up in the system... The representative promised to send me a new card, but wasn't sure what expire date will be printed on it.

So my question:
Is this normal? That your account doesn't reflect the new status expiry date and you get no new card in time?
Old May 21, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Don't think it's normal. But to be on the safe, just order a new card on your M&S page. There is a link there on the left under Card Operations or whatever it says.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The expiry date doesn't change until it expires. If you have enough status miles it will update the day after for a further 2 years. Card should be in the mail hopefully, I got mine 15 days before expiry.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Great, thanks for the explanation!
Old May 23, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You can also look it up by logging into M&S, on something like request new card, click on that and it will say that you have achieved status for another 2 years.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
It took me 3 months to receive the physical card whereas it took my wife almost year! I guess for cost cutting purposes they don't like to send them out. I tracked each phase by talking to a rep on the phone(mails are useless). I have been told that they only start printing them out once they reach a certain number and same with the post office dispatching them. Apparently there's card station at Istanbul Ataturk where you can just pick it on the go. I, too, couldn't see my status miles after burning a few thousand to maintain status but it was back to normal after a few days. You could also try logging in to your account by using the mobile app which showed the correct balance in my case.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by aircommodore
It took me 3 months to receive the physical card whereas it took my wife almost year! I guess for cost cutting purposes they don't like to send them out. I tracked each phase by talking to a rep on the phone(mails are useless). I have been told that they only start printing them out once they reach a certain number and same with the post office dispatching them. Apparently there's card station at Istanbul Ataturk where you can just pick it on the go. I, too, couldn't see my status miles after burning a few thousand to maintain status but it was back to normal after a few days. You could also try logging in to your account by using the mobile app which showed the correct balance in my case.
It took 14 month to receive mine.Welcome to the TK World
Old May 27, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Took me 2,5 weeks to get my card. Though this was last year so I guess things have changed since. Wonder how long it will take when the new card is due to come in January.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Well yesterday (about 3 weeks after card expiration) I received my new card. Also today customer service replied to the email I sent to them in April; their reply contained one sentence only: "Please be informed that your account is Elite until XX.XX.2016.".

Great service TK...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.