Community
Wiki Posts
Search

through checking from lgw on separate tix

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS, CO, BA
In the end I decided to cancel my LGW r/t ticket and re-booked AMS-IST-LHR at only a fractionally higher fare. The cancellation fee and fare increase were less than the potential APD charge by TK at LGW and I would rather not be seen to accept or endorse one of the most annoying taxes around! Plus it looks like (as per the schedule at the moment) it will be the A330 down and the 9W 777 back so better seats too! Getting to Amsterdam with Flybe from my local airport isn't much more than getting to London from my part of the UK.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
It's always worth check TK fares ex-Europe. They have some good fares from Germany and Scandinavia. As you said, if you're coming from the UK regions, Europe is a good option - it's a pain to get to LGW esp from MAN/LBA etc.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS, CO, BA
have you ever used the lounge in AMS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.