Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Price for last-minute upgrade to J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
CMN-IST is around 4 hours and almost always operated by B77W or A359, so it is decent value (much better than upgrading a Europe-IST flight for around the same amount).
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by kaspars
for 3 hours flight I would not take it, unless they rebook me in D class after upgrade (what I doubt)
No, post-sales upgrades do not earn miles & status in the upgraded class. You earn against your original class
Old Nov 17, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
No, post-sales upgrades do not earn miles & status in the upgraded class. You earn against your original class
Unless you get lucky, which did happen to me a few times.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by flyerby
Unless you get lucky, which did happen to me a few times.
I wouldn’t count on that I think you got lucky and TK tracked down the bug and corrected it by now
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by MitjaPod
I wouldn’t count on that I think you got lucky and TK tracked down the bug and corrected it by now
I don’t think it’s actually a bug per se. It’s whether the ticket is reissued or not by the agent. If reissued then you will get J class miles. Otherwise, it’s the original booking class miles.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyerby
I don’t think it’s actually a bug per se. It’s whether the ticket is reissued or not by the agent. If reissued then you will get J class miles. Otherwise, it’s the original booking class miles.
AFAIK, the normal procedure of issuing discounted cash upgrades is not to reissue the ticket but issue an EMD for the upgrade amount and do a seat change.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AFAIK, the normal procedure of issuing discounted cash upgrades is not to reissue the ticket but issue an EMD for the upgrade amount and do a seat change.
True but in the case of an inexperienced agent or a reservation that has gone bad and required to be built from the ground up, a reissue may happen. That’s why the odds of getting lucky are slim.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 5:31 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Got the upgrade at IST lounge for IST-YUL for US$1099. Very happy it is one of the ex-Aeroflot 359, seems to be very nice hard product at first glance.

After spending 11 hours in economy in what must be one of the longest 738MAX runs (NDJ-NIM-IST) on the planet, it is well deserved in my opinion!

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Nov 19, 2023 at 6:36 am
Old Nov 21, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Turkish Airlines M&S
During the online check in process I was offered an upgrade from Economy (L) to Business on the route UBN-IST-SZG on the long haul flight for EUR 700,00. Skipped it however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.