Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish e-Visa (from April 2014 no more on-arrival visas)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Important Notice

Please be advised that from 10 April you will not be able to get a visa on arrival any more. You will have to apply for an e-Visa in advance or if denied apply for a visa at the nearest embassy or consulate.

Only use this website: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

However the Turkish Authorities also say that they will install automated machines at ports where the e-visa can be obtained. How this will impact on whether you are allowed to board a flight to Turkey is unclear as airlines usually do not allow passengers to board without a valid visa.
Print Wikipost

Turkish e-Visa (from April 2014 no more on-arrival visas)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mecabq
At least Turkey doesn't reciprocally punish European citizens by making their Turkish visa process difficult, as some countries do.
Have you ever tried to get a Turkish visa from an Embassy abroad? Not a pleasant experience by any means.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:03 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

It's a pain for Turks, for sure, but it's hard to blame the Turkish government (in any micro sense). Blame the Schengen countries for imposing such a difficult process. At least Turkey doesn't reciprocally punish European citizens by making their Turkish visa process difficult, as some countries do.
One of the matters is immigration. Much of Europe doesn't necessarily want to welcome a wave of Turkish people, particularly during a time of economic distress.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Have you ever tried to get a Turkish visa from an Embassy abroad? Not a pleasant experience by any means.
Thankfully, no, I carry a U.S. passport. I had to submit documents similar to those that Basar mentioned in getting a visa for India recently. I don't envy those who have to go through such processes routinely.
Old May 10, 2013, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Ever tried the US "experience"?
Old May 10, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Ever tried the US "experience"?
No comment.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The problem with the eVisa is that it seems you always need to have your printout with you. With VOA you have the sticker, and that's that.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Palal
The problem with the eVisa is that it seems you always need to have your printout with you. With VOA you have the sticker, and that's that.
Can't you just clip it to your passport?

Anyway it looks like the fee is only charged in USD at the moment
Old May 16, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
E VISA now available online

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

What is e-Visa?
Citizens of certain countries are eligible for e-Visa (Check the back page for the full list). It replaces “sticker” and “stamp-type” visas formerly issued at the borders. Applicants obtain their visa electronically after completing all the required steps on
Old May 16, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: *G
It's been online for a weeks already. See this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...sh-e-visa.html
Old May 16, 2013, 3:28 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Just got one .. so streamlined. Couple of questions, email confirmation, and boom, visa arrives in my inbox in less than a minute.

Makes life so much simpler !!! Definitely better than taking a chance with a long queue at VOA.
Old May 21, 2013, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Palal
Cant you just show the visa on your phone if you can access it?
Old May 25, 2013, 9:50 pm
Suspended

It's a pain for Turks, for sure, but it's hard to blame the Turkish government (in any micro sense). Blame the Schengen countries for imposing such a difficult process. At least Turkey doesn't reciprocally punish European citizens by making their Turkish visa process difficult, as some countries do.
Those "some countries" do not receive millions of charter tourists from Europe each year !!! It would be rather hard for Turkey to impose the same visa regime as,say, Angola!!! And,-I realy do not think that there are a whole lot of,say, Norwegians who would be desperate to slip into Turkey to wash dishes for 800 TRY a month. There is a reason for Scengen visas being a thad harder to get than Turkish visas,turks generally do not need visas for countries that are poorer than Turkey.

Last edited by geirfugl; May 25, 2013 at 10:03 pm
Old May 26, 2013, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Cant you just show the visa on your phone if you can access it?
Follow up on my own question: Showing your phone with the e-visa bar code and info is confusing to immigration officers. You have to have the printout. Turkish Airlines transit desk can arrange to print it for you, but it could take an hour. Seems immigration officers here are as clueless as many around the rest of the world. They don't even keep the printout or even scan it.
Old May 30, 2013, 3:40 am

I was entering all the info for the e-visa but left the computer to find my passport, and then started doing other things and when I finally came back to finish the application and clicked the "confirm" button I was sent back to the first page of the application process. Should I reapply or just wait to get email? I didn't reach any page for payment.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I am in the Turkish Airways lounge exiting Turkey. I used evisa, avoided a very long VOA line. I never used my evisa afterwards. Even on exiting the country, they didn't ask to see it. IMO, it's the way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.