FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Turkish e-Visa (from April 2014 no more on-arrival visas) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1461516-turkish-e-visa-april-2014-no-more-arrival-visas.html)

iamaho Apr 25, 2013 12:14 am

Turkish e-Visa (from April 2014 no more on-arrival visas)

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

As of April 17, 2013, electronic visa (e-Visa) replaces “sticker visa” which was issued at the border crossings.

e-Visa application is possible from any place with internet connection. Applicants just need to log on to www.evisa.gov.tr , provide the requested information, (after the application is approved) make online payment and download their e-Visa. The whole process takes no more than 10 minutes.

Citizens of these countries are eligible to apply for e-Visa: Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Austria Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Greek Cypriot Administration, Grenada Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Jamaica, Kuwait, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, U.S.A, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom.

Citizens of these countries are also eligible to apply for e-Visa under certain conditions: Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Iraq, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Republic of Congo, Republic of Moldova, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Torne and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. Other purposes, such as work and study, require regular visa given by Embassies or Consulates.

Visit www.evisa.gov.tr to make an e-Visa application or to get further information.

Source: http://ottava.be.mfa.gov.tr/ShowAnno...aspx?ID=183049

starflyergold Apr 25, 2013 12:32 am

Just to add that the system starts with TK passengers only

The e-visa system replaces 'sticker' and 'stamp-type' visas formerly issued at the borders, and for the time being it is only available for foreigners arriving in Turkey on flights of the Turkish Airlines (THY), the country's state-owned air carrier, in line with a protocol signed between the government and THY.

B747-437B Apr 25, 2013 3:11 am

I applied using the eVisa system earlier today and was pleasantly surprised by how quick, easy and painless the whole thing was. It took me around 2 minutes from start to finish, including payment of the fees. The visa itself was emailed to me within seconds.

^^^

B747-437B Apr 25, 2013 3:19 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 20649267)
Just to add that the system starts with TK passengers only

No. That depends on one's nationality.

Citizens of the following countries may travel on ANY airline using the e-Visa.

Code:

Antigua and Barbuda
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belgium
Canada
Croatia
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Greek Cypriot Administration of Southern Cyprus
Grenada
Haiti
Hong Kong (BN(O))
Hungary
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Jamaica
Kuwait
Maldives
Malta
Mauritius
Mexico
Netherlands
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Saudi Arabia
Slovakia
South Africa
Spain
U.S.A
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom

All other country citizens must however travel on Turkish Airlines to avail of the e-Visa.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/are...fly-to-turkey/

starflyergold Apr 25, 2013 3:36 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 20649617)
No. That depends on one's nationality.

Citizens of the following countries may travel on ANY airline using the e-Visa.

snip

All other country citizens must however travel on Turkish Airlines to avail of the e-Visa.

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/are...fly-to-turkey/

Ah ok, the the article was wrong. It's looks like a fairly straight forward process. ^

Basar Apr 25, 2013 6:31 am

And us Turkish citizens are simply ignored by our government when it comes to negotiating equal terms for visa processing by European countries. Of course they don't care as they have just approved a new bill which will allow them and their families to have diplomatic passports for life even if they have served just a single day in office...

Just as an example, for a visa to Denmark (Schengen), I had to fill out a 4 page form, provide all my employment details in the past 5 years, last 6 pay stubs, a letter of employment from my employer, bank statements, property titles, 3 photographs, fingerprints and some other stuff which I cannot remember at the moment. Then I had to call the agency who acts on behalf of the Danish consulate to get an appointment, drop off all the documents and sign it and then pick up my passport a week later. How smooth.

moeser Apr 25, 2013 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Basar (Post 20650121)
And us Turkish citizens are simply ignored by our government when it comes to negotiating equal terms for visa processing by European countries. Of course they don't care as they have just approved a new bill which will allow them and their families to have diplomatic passports for life even if they have served just a single day in office...

Just as an example, for a visa to Denmark (Schengen), I had to fill out a 4 page form, provide all my employment details in the past 5 years, last 6 pay stubs, a letter of employment from my employer, bank statements, property titles, 3 photographs, fingerprints and some other stuff which I cannot remember at the moment. Then I had to call the agency who acts on behalf of the Danish consulate to get an appointment, drop off all the documents and sign it and then pick up my passport a week later. How smooth.

If you've applied for a '' Schengen Visa '',Point of Entry Denmark and not for a '' Denmark Only'' Visa,then yes it was smooth and pretty fast.

Perk Apr 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Does this mean you can not enter without the e-visa, as an Australian I pay for a visa on arrival is this no longer the case?

moeser Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Perk (Post 20652977)
Does this mean you can not enter without the e-visa, as an Australian I pay for a visa on arrival is this no longer the case?

No worries.
You still have the VOA option.

rankourabu Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm

fees havent changed - Canadians still get the shaft at 60 USD :cool:

Basar Apr 29, 2013 6:10 am

Originally Posted by moeser (Post 20650518)
If you've applied for a '' Schengen Visa '',Point of Entry Denmark and not for a '' Denmark Only'' Visa,then yes it was smooth and pretty fast.

Ummm no. 2 minutes vs. 1 week.

okazon69 May 4, 2013 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 20667292)
fees havent changed - Canadians still get the shaft at 60 USD :cool:

Sure, but for that you get a 6-month multiple-entry visa. Compare that with CAD 150 (CAD 75 for single entry) for Turkish citizens wishing to visit Canada, not such a bad deal.

B747-437B May 8, 2013 5:03 am

Entered Turkey this morning with the e-Visa. It was absolutely painless - the guy scanned the visa, scanned the passport and stamped it within 30 seconds. The only difference I found is that he scribbled "e-vize" under the passport stamp.

For a change, this appears to be a well thought out AND well executed plan by the Turkish authorities. Good job! ^^^

BuildingMyBento May 8, 2013 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 20716361)
Entered Turkey this morning with the e-Visa. It was absolutely painless - the guy scanned the visa, scanned the passport and stamped it within 30 seconds. The only difference I found is that he scribbled "e-vize" under the passport stamp.

For a change, this appears to be a well thought out AND well executed plan by the Turkish authorities. Good job! ^^^

Was there ever a time when Turkish passport control officials provided both the visa AND the stamp?

My only reference is a brief spell when Indonesia was doing this, a few years ago. It's still a pain there; GA offers immigration on-board a few of their flights, so why not take the next step and do what Turkey is doing now? Ah well...cape deh

mecabq May 10, 2013 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Basar (Post 20650121)

It's a pain for Turks, for sure, but it's hard to blame the Turkish government (in any micro sense). Blame the Schengen countries for imposing such a difficult process. At least Turkey doesn't reciprocally punish European citizens by making their Turkish visa process difficult, as some countries do.