The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by crr
As someone new to M&S, I'm hoping to get my Star Alliance Status through them, I'm flying on Ethiopian in January and plan to credit the flight to Turkish and am confused on one thing. When entering my FF# into Ethiopian's platform, should I include the TK in the membership number when already selecting the program or does this not matter?

Ie should I enter TKxxxxxxxx or just xxxxxxxx when Miles & Smiles was already selected?
Just the number.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by crr
As someone new to M&S, I'm hoping to get my Star Alliance Status through them, I'm flying on Ethiopian in January and plan to credit the flight to Turkish and am confused on one thing. When entering my FF# into Ethiopian's platform, should I include the TK in the membership number when already selecting the program or does this not matter?

Ie should I enter TKxxxxxxxx or just xxxxxxxx when Miles & Smiles was already selected?
Theoretically, just the number without TK
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Can anyone confirm whether the family miles programme is still available? If yes, how do I sign up for it? I have tried looking for information on the programme on the new website, but cannot seem to find anything. Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Going from IST to IKA on an economy ticket . I'm star gold. Does anyone know what the baggage allowance is?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
Going from IST to IKA on an economy ticket . I'm star gold. Does anyone know what the baggage allowance is?
If flying with TK, it should be one piece on your economy ticket plus a second piece as you’re *G
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Close-up business award availability

Sorry if this has been answered already....Im looking at business award availability on TK79 IST-SFO on 30 Dec for 3 pax. Right now I'm confirmed IST-LAX-SFO. Now EF has shown C4D4Z0J0I0 for the last several months, and a dummy booking suggests that there are at least 3 business seats for sale on TK79.

So my question to those with more experience with TK award pattern is whether TK is likely to open up I inventory closer to the date of travel (two days from now!l or am I likely to be stuck connecting through LAX. For the record this is booked at the moment via United miles. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by scnzzz
Sorry if this has been answered already....Im looking at business award availability on TK79 IST-SFO on 30 Dec for 3 pax. Right now I'm confirmed IST-LAX-SFO. Now EF has shown C4D4Z0J0I0 for the last several months, and a dummy booking suggests that there are at least 3 business seats for sale on TK79.

So my question to those with more experience with TK award pattern is whether TK is likely to open up I inventory closer to the date of travel (two days from now!l or am I likely to be stuck connecting through LAX. For the record this is booked at the moment via United miles. Thanks in advance.
I can’t call myself an expert on TK’s award inventory rollout patterns, but I’ve only seen I award space far in advance rather than close to the date.
scnzzz likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:02 am

Travelling without luggage

Is it possible to travel from any connecting airlines to the desired destination if I do not have any Luggage with me? Because sometimes you have to clear your luggage from in between airports and sometimes they required a visa for this. So if I don't have any luggage with me, Is it possible to travel from any other airline without any Visa for stopping airports?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I can’t call myself an expert on TK’s award inventory rollout patterns, but I’ve only seen I award space far in advance rather than close to the date.
thanks...not the answer I was hoping for but appreciate the input.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Okanda
Is it possible to travel from any connecting airlines to the desired destination if I do not have any Luggage with me? Because sometimes you have to clear your luggage from in between airports and sometimes they required a visa for this. So if I don't have any luggage with me, Is it possible to travel from any other airline without any Visa for stopping airports?
That’s possible in theory, but the devil is always in the little details, so the more information on your journey you can give us here, the better your chance is that someone reads it who can give you a qualified opinion.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Utterly disappointed now.

Anyone had similar problem with spelling their names?
My name is "Käki" (not correct but serves as example). The "ä" creates a problem now. In passport it spells as "Kaeki", while on my TK account it spells "Kaki" withouth the dots upon the a-letter, and now my ticket writes as "Kaeki". The problem is that TK cannot upgrade my ticket now since the ticket name and account name do not match. No way the service rep could fix that, he only proposed to send a feedback form asking to change my "Kaki" account name into "Kaeki".

Someone in similar situation, what would you do?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Utterly disappointed now.

Anyone had similar problem with spelling their names?
My name is "Käki" (not correct but serves as example). The "ä" creates a problem now. In passport it spells as "Kaeki", while on my TK account it spells "Kaki" withouth the dots upon the a-letter, and now my ticket writes as "Kaeki". The problem is that TK cannot upgrade my ticket now since the ticket name and account name do not match. No way the service rep could fix that, he only proposed to send a feedback form asking to change my "Kaki" account name into "Kaeki".

Someone in similar situation, what would you do?
Wow. Just wow now. I just got an unexpected email from TK that my ticket is now upgraded and miles redeemed for the upgrade. NOOOOOO. So someone has touched the reservation after all and used MILES instead of the VOUCHER.
In the best case, that is just a middle-fiddle in an attempt to go around the spelling issue and they will convert in the next step the miles to vouchers and give back my miles. (I rather fly economy than use my miles here)
In the worst case, nobody can fix my ticket anymore and I just lost miles in the process and tons of my valuable time. Hopefully I have still a ticket left when I am gonna fly...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
Wow. Just wow now. I just got an unexpected email from TK that my ticket is now upgraded and miles redeemed for the upgrade. NOOOOOO. So someone has touched the reservation after all and used MILES instead of the VOUCHER.
In the best case, that is just a middle-fiddle in an attempt to go around the spelling issue and they will convert in the next step the miles to vouchers and give back my miles. (I rather fly economy than use my miles here)
In the worst case, nobody can fix my ticket anymore and I just lost miles in the process and tons of my valuable time. Hopefully I have still a ticket left when I am gonna fly...
Good luck trying to explain the issue to the call center in India... And their email team never really works either...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Good luck trying to explain the issue to the call center in India... And their email team never really works either...
Whell yeah. Now to add to the "wow"-effect, I just found that my reservation is still in economy class. Oh. What more. How can everything go as wrong as imagination gives. So they have wronly taken miles for upgrade but the ticket is not even upgraded. Great. I have requested correction, but no answer from TK.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:24 am

I have a reservation (not sure that I will ticket this however). It is the TK-flight HAV-CCS-IST. Expertflyer says A332. But the seatmap has three rows of Business 2+2+2. Economy starts with row 4. I canīt find any TK-aircraft on Seatguru or the TK-homepage that fits this seatmap. Is this a leased plane? I am curious as to what kind of seat is in business as the time onboard will exceed 16h... Will concider another option if angled...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.