Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:55 am

Smile

Originally Posted by bluedog44
@dope- I posted the chart in #1552 of this forum and it shows Oceania (careful to look at the correct tab for RT, Business Limited, etc).
Yes - that was the website I used. but for me, whenever i select Oceania as either the departure region/ arrival region on the redeem page, nothing shows.

anyways gave the TK office in town a ring and was resolved.
turns out Hawaii and Aus and NZ are categorised as the same region. this can be rather interesting for 50k miles rt in J
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:40 pm

Hi, does anyone know if I can add an infant ticket to only 1 segment on a round trip ticket? for example infant ticket on outbound but not inbound?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:29 am
Aman Contributor Badge

I am currently in the process of booking a trip Oslo-Instanbul-Nairobi-Istanbul-Oslo. Wanted to book business class. The reason for this is that I want a business class seat, do not really care about F&B, I just want to sleep well. Having checked seat guru, I see that there are several versions of aircrafts used for each flight. Is there a way to find out which version I will fly with before booking? No point of booking business class if the seat is same as tourist class with just an empty chair in between...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:42 am

I usually start the booking process and then look at the seat map, then cancel out of it before having to purchase.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:15 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bluedog44
I usually start the booking process and then look at the seat map, then cancel out of it before having to purchase.
Not possible unfortunately. Do not get a seat map.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Musken
I am currently in the process of booking a trip Oslo-Instanbul-Nairobi-Istanbul-Oslo. Wanted to book business class. The reason for this is that I want a business class seat, do not really care about F&B, I just want to sleep well. Having checked seat guru, I see that there are several versions of aircrafts used for each flight. Is there a way to find out which version I will fly with before booking? No point of booking business class if the seat is same as tourist class with just an empty chair in between...
also note... its not uncommon for TK to change planes on routes like this.

ive flown IST -> KHI 4 Times in the past few months... I have had 4 different business class seats.

1 standard US domestic first class
2 different angled sests
1 full flat seat
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:42 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Thanks. I booked now and just have to keep fingers crossed. Will be better than tourist class seats in any case i assume. Not like European Business class which is basically tourist class seats on a row of three where they block the middle one.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Musken
No point of booking business class if the seat is same as tourist class with just an empty chair in between...
On relatively short routes, there's no way to tell. Even if the seat map that you see when you book your flights shows a widebody, there's no guarantee that the aircraft won't change with no prior notice. Note that the airline owes you nothing in terms of the specific aircraft. TK can (and does) change aircraft all the time.

Shuly
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Which aircraft have the newest Business Class seats?

Hi all, I’m just wondering if anyone knows if one can tell which aircraft, specifically the 777, have the newest version of the business class seat? This is the Zodiac Aura Enhanced seat. Is TK refurbishing the older planes or are they only installed on the later deliveries? Is the deployment of aircraft with these seats random? Thank you!

Marcelduchamp
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Viks
I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to get a Turkish frequent flyer card printed at Istanbul airport if you lost one. Is that true or is my memory failing me?
yes it’s true. There is a Miles & Smiles desk between Check in area A and B. They printed out one for me in a few seconds last year.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I'd appreciate the wisdom of the crowd.

I've matched to TK *G status in 2015. Between then and now I've met the qualification for renewal (37,500 miles in 2 years).

My card is set to expire at the end of the month (10/30 on the new website version, 10/31 on the old website version).

Does anyone know when the extension to the card should be available and a new card will be sent? Of course, it is all more complicated because I am to travel on 10/31 and 11/1.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Originally Posted by CoweyB
yes it’s true. There is a Miles & Smiles desk between Check in area A and B. They printed out one for me in a few seconds last year.
Thanks, found it and used it!
CoweyB likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I´m a little bit confused by the Information provided to me by TK. I read on their website, that I, as a Business Class passenger, can guest someone into the International TK Lounge at IST for 100 TL. Now there is something written that confuses me: "Between 5-12 hours". Does that mean you can only guest someone in between 5am-12am or you can stay between 5 and 12 hours? Would be nice to have lounge access for both for a 3 hour layover. We are travelling MUC-IST-HRG on Sunday. And if that is not possible, is there a possibility to upgrade only the Leg IST-HRG for cash or is it only possible to upgrade the whole outbound segment?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: TK E+
The M&S terms state "Classic Plus, Elite, Elite Plus card holders can purchase up to 10.000 status miles to upgrade their card status within one year."

Does this mean that if someone gets 70,000 status miles within a consecutive 12 month period, they can simply pay for an additional 10,000 status miles in order to get upgrade to E+ ?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: TK E+
Under the M&S terms for upgrading the status it says: "Process cannot be evaulated even if ticket was issued. Flight must be completed and registered to the member’s account for the mileage calculation."

Since it typically takes a few days from the flight until the status miles get registered, does that mean that if someone makes a flight that should take him past the 80k mark, exactly 1 day before again falling far below 80k (due to a flight from 12 months ago no longer being counted), then the delay in registration will prevent the eligibility for the E+ status despite technically 80k miles being flown within a 12 months period?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.