Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2023, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you have a BP for the flight you have access; No limit/max stay.
drivngwhisper likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 11:50 am

I have a suspended Y+ reservation with Swiss for flight to Tokyo. I'm looking at possible flights and there is always booking class G (no matter if it's LH, LX or OS). Which in case of Swiss does not give any miles to M&S, however, if I choose Austrian as a partner, G gives 135%. My question is, if I have reservation on Swiss stock, but flown on Austrian metal - will I receive miles for that flight?
Old Jun 14, 2023, 1:49 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Stock doesn't matter, only the operating carrier does.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by gojko88
Stock doesn't matter, only the operating carrier does.
I got both miles (status and the other) when operating carrier was airBaltic, but tickets where LX. So that rule is bendable, I think. However, I never saw LX sell OS.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
I got both miles (status and the other) when operating carrier was airBaltic, but tickets where LX.
That's different because it was an LX flight (with an LX flight number) operated by AirBaltic as a wetlease, not a codeshare flight.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
When making a booking on TK should I book with both my First + Middle names?

I have never previously included my middle name when booking on any airline but on the TK website the form field states "First / Middle name (As shown in ID)"
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need to add middle name. I never use my middle name when traveling w/ TK
aster and DaveS like this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by aster
When making a booking on TK should I book with both my First + Middle names?

I have never previously included my middle name when booking on any airline but on the TK website the form field states "First / Middle name (As shown in ID)"
There's no need unless omitting one of the names will create a mismatch with your FFP (i. e. you registered with the full name at the FFP).
aster likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
No need to add middle name. I never use my middle name when traveling w/ TK
Originally Posted by flyerby
There's no need unless omitting one of the names will create a mismatch with your FFP (i. e. you registered with the full name at the FFP).
Many thanks guys. My FFP only has my first name so this will be perfect.

I cannot remember which airline it was but some people were complaining about having trouble for omitting their second name on the reservation, so I just wanted to make sure how things stand with TK (especially with the way they worded that part on the form).
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

99,9% that you will not face any issues. Otherwise, any check-in agent can add the middle name if needed.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:55 am

Thanks SK AAR, will be starting the journey at BCN so hopefully any middle name issues will be overshadowed by the whole multiple surname business going on here which probably creates a lot more issues...
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:13 pm

I'm considering booking a UA flight using TK miles in E from ANC to DEN. Will I have to pay checked bag fees? FWIW I have the United Club card.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by mavmoses07
I'm considering booking a UA flight using TK miles in E from ANC to DEN. Will I have to pay checked bag fees? FWIW I have the United Club card.
The award ticket itself will include a single 50 lbs baggage for free.
mavmoses07 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Have some flights scheduled for September. Booked in business class on the 787. Does meal service start from the front or rear of the business class cabin?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Have some flights scheduled for September. Booked in business class on the 787. Does meal service start from the front or rear of the business class cabin?
Two trolleys ( one from each aisle ) to front to the back on both services on long-haul flights.
SEA-Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.