Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: most of them
thanks, it took a long time but did finally show me flights
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:09 am

Just before I join Miles&Smiles, I just wanted to check if there are any promotional sign up offers? Referral code? Thanks in advance
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by postville
Check-in baggage allowance on Anadolujet-flight in EcoJet tariff as Miles and Smiles Elite member

I've just realized that, unfortuantely, Anadolujet introduced a new price system. In the cheapest tariff (EcoJet) check-in luggage is not included. My question now: Is this also valid for Miles and Smiles Elite members? Normally they are allowed one additional piece of check-in luggage. Some airlines that do also have a non-check-in-baggage tarif do not allow Star-Gold member to take an additional (or a single in that case) check-in luggage (such as Lufthansa) while others do (such as Aegan Airlines and LOT). What's the policy with Anadolujet? Am I allowed to take - as a Miles and Smiles Elite member - one check-in baggage for free? Unfortunately, I couldn't find information on that.

Additional information: It's an international flight
Nobody any idea?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Nobody any idea?
I have a flight to Brussels tomorrow trough SAW with ajet.
I'll post an update tomorrow morning.

Hope I'll get the piece cause need it.

EDIT: Called the TK helpline and they confirmed that ajet will also have extra luggage for 20kg.

Last edited by ulker32; Jul 6, 2022 at 1:42 am
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by ulker32
I have a flight to Brussels tomorrow trough SAW with ajet.
I'll post an update tomorrow morning.

Hope I'll get the piece cause need it.

EDIT: Called the TK helpline and they confirmed that ajet will also have extra luggage for 20kg.
Oh, great, thanks for that! However, just that we talk 100% about the right thing (since - my experience - TK helpline agents do not always say/know the right things.... the reality becomes only true when checking-in at the counter.... so, would be cool to get an update after your flight (in EcoJet tariff)):
As you say, Anadolujet allows for Elite (and Elite Plus) member in EcoJet tariff one luggage. Correctly speaking it's not an 'extra' luggage since this tariff (EcoJet) does - at least for non Elite/Elite Plus Status holder - not allow any check-in baggage at all. Thanks for that, this is very helpful for further travel plans!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Oh, great, thanks for that! However, just that we talk 100% about the right thing (since - my experience - TK helpline agents do not always say/know the right things.... the reality becomes only true when checking-in at the counter.... so, would be cool to get an update after your flight (in EcoJet tariff)):
As you say, Anadolujet allows for Elite (and Elite Plus) member in EcoJet tariff one luggage. Correctly speaking it's not an 'extra' luggage since this tariff (EcoJet) does - at least for non Elite/Elite Plus Status holder - not allow any check-in baggage at all. Thanks for that, this is very helpful for further travel plans!
So small recap, had the cheapest option without luggage.
Was allowed to check in one piece.

SAW international has no TK CIP lounge no more though
Couldn't find the lounge, asked if it was still open at a helpdesk of Ajet and they told me it was closed.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by ulker32
So small recap, had the cheapest option without luggage.
Was allowed to check in one piece.

SAW international has no TK CIP lounge no more though
Couldn't find the lounge, asked if it was still open at a helpdesk of Ajet and they told me it was closed.
That's great, thanks! I'm glad EcoJet tariff allows one piece!

About the lounge is really bad news. I think to remember that Turkish Airlines one time stopped allowing free access to its international lounges with Anadolujet flights, but I guess they reversed that rule (but not 100% sure!). Especially also given the fact that they expand Anadolujet flights in SAW, this is not good news.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:59 am

Discrepancy in M&S mileage earning between online calculator and ticket

I booked a multi-city itinerary -- FRU-IST-EWR (Booking class: M) and IAD-IST-FRU (Booking class: E). According to the mileage calculator on TK website, I should receive a total of 14,865 miles for this trip: FRU-IST (M) 2320, IST-EWR (M) 5002, IAD-IST (E) 5223, IST-FRU (E) 2320. However, the e-ticket issued says I will earn only 9642 miles from this trip as a Classic M&S member. I have sent several messages through the feedback form asking what the actual mileage earnings will be, but have received generic non-answers which do not address my question at all. Just curious if anyone else has had this experience and what the outcome was i.e. did you earn miles per the online mileage calculator or as shown on the ticket?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Flyer25
I booked a multi-city itinerary -- FRU-IST-EWR (Booking class: M) and IAD-IST-FRU (Booking class: E). According to the mileage calculator on TK website, I should receive a total of 14,865 miles for this trip: FRU-IST (M) 2320, IST-EWR (M) 5002, IAD-IST (E) 5223, IST-FRU (E) 2320. However, the e-ticket issued says I will earn only 9642 miles from this trip as a Classic M&S member. I have sent several messages through the feedback form asking what the actual mileage earnings will be, but have received generic non-answers which do not address my question at all. Just curious if anyone else has had this experience and what the outcome was i.e. did you earn miles per the online mileage calculator or as shown on the ticket?

TK mileage accrual

Use this to calculate yourself and you should see the correct amount.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Flyer25
I always get the exact number of miles/status miles that are stated in Fare rules before I pay for the tickets in the booking section of the TK booking website
Edvard likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Having been chewed out by a delightful poster on here for asking a legitimate question on the main board a few weeks back, i'll post this one here.

I have 5 J seats booked AYT-IST-TGD (Podgorica, Montenegro)
1 seat is cash booked with TK, the other 4 are *A awards via SAS

TK have cancelled the IST-TGD leg and rebooked us at 7am the next morning, leaving a 16hr overnight layover in IST

Now, on the plus side they have rebooked the award seats without question, but this screws with our plans somewhat.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of TK...
1) Offering some STPC? There are shorter connections available, but this is what they've left us with.
Or, better still...
2) Rebooking us into Tivat. There's a flight about the same time as our original IST-TGD but no award seats are showing. I know BA would do this, but also know BA isn't TK!

I don't really want them to put us onto the "connecting" flight from AYT-IST as that would be a 330am departure which would see me sleeping on the sofa for some considerable time, although hopefully if it was option 1, they would be open to considering moving us to an early evening flight up to IST regardless of *A availability....

And finally, if I am left to pick up the pieces myself here, if we land at IST early evening with a next day boarding pass, will we be able to go to international airside straight away & book rooms in the Yotel? We'll have spent three days in IST at the start of the trip.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
Having been chewed out by a delightful poster on here for asking a legitimate question on the main board a few weeks back, i'll post this one here.

I have 5 J seats booked AYT-IST-TGD (Podgorica, Montenegro)
1 seat is cash booked with TK, the other 4 are *A awards via SAS

TK have cancelled the IST-TGD leg and rebooked us at 7am the next morning, leaving a 16hr overnight layover in IST

Now, on the plus side they have rebooked the award seats without question, but this screws with our plans somewhat.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of TK...
1) Offering some STPC? There are shorter connections available, but this is what they've left us with.
Or, better still...
2) Rebooking us into Tivat. There's a flight about the same time as our original IST-TGD but no award seats are showing. I know BA would do this, but also know BA isn't TK!

I don't really want them to put us onto the "connecting" flight from AYT-IST as that would be a 330am departure which would see me sleeping on the sofa for some considerable time, although hopefully if it was option 1, they would be open to considering moving us to an early evening flight up to IST regardless of *A availability....

And finally, if I am left to pick up the pieces myself here, if we land at IST early evening with a next day boarding pass, will we be able to go to international airside straight away & book rooms in the Yotel? We'll have spent three days in IST at the start of the trip.

Thanks in advance
On your last question, it is worth checking the landside Yotel just in case it works out cheaper.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by DaveS
On your last question, it is worth checking the landside Yotel just in case it works out cheaper.
The landside one is half the price but two things....
1) It means we simply have to walk from the hotel to the gate in the morning
2) Dinner in the TK lounge after we arrive 💡
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by swiss Julie
The landside one is half the price but two things....
1) It means we simply have to walk from the hotel to the gate in the morning
2) Dinner in the TK lounge after we arrive 💡
Worth it's weight in gold. Yes, you'll already be Airside, so just go the the Yotel/lounge/anywhere else Airside...then to the gate the next day. I've routinely had those long layovers both coming from/going back to the US and this is exactly what I do. Make sure when deplaning to tell the folks at the top of the ramp you're transferring and going to the Yotel. You'll bypass transit security that way.

One word of caution, when booking the YotelAir, read the fine print of check-in and check-out times. There's been a few times I've booked through the Chase portal with points and the check-in time was 8pm and check-out was 6am with a 10€ charge per hour before/after these times.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:21 pm

Thanks for confirming that! The only issue is that AYT is Antalya, so we're coming in on a domestic flight. Logic suggests there should be no issues in going airside, but logic and airport officialdom rarely seem to align!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.