FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:03 am
DaveS

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
Having been chewed out by a delightful poster on here for asking a legitimate question on the main board a few weeks back, i'll post this one here.

I have 5 J seats booked AYT-IST-TGD (Podgorica, Montenegro)
1 seat is cash booked with TK, the other 4 are *A awards via SAS

TK have cancelled the IST-TGD leg and rebooked us at 7am the next morning, leaving a 16hr overnight layover in IST

Now, on the plus side they have rebooked the award seats without question, but this screws with our plans somewhat.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of TK...
1) Offering some STPC? There are shorter connections available, but this is what they've left us with.
Or, better still...
2) Rebooking us into Tivat. There's a flight about the same time as our original IST-TGD but no award seats are showing. I know BA would do this, but also know BA isn't TK!

I don't really want them to put us onto the "connecting" flight from AYT-IST as that would be a 330am departure which would see me sleeping on the sofa for some considerable time, although hopefully if it was option 1, they would be open to considering moving us to an early evening flight up to IST regardless of *A availability....

And finally, if I am left to pick up the pieces myself here, if we land at IST early evening with a next day boarding pass, will we be able to go to international airside straight away & book rooms in the Yotel? We'll have spent three days in IST at the start of the trip.

Thanks in advance
On your last question, it is worth checking the landside Yotel just in case it works out cheaper.