Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Does TK routinely cancel a ton of flights? I'm looking at the departure board for IST and there are several dozen cancellations, domestic and international, for no reason that I can see. Looks like the same thing happened yesterday.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:31 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Pretty sure all of those are old cancellations (i.e. not last-minute, as one might think). They just need to show them because those flights were scheduled at some point and they want to avoid even a 0,1% chance of any confusion. You'll see tonnes of cancelled flights from IST to Russia, Iran etc. regardless of the operating carrier.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You would only be able to book "X" fares in Economy with Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles and there is no other trick other than to search at UA.com to find these fares.
Also a reminder that, if you are going to fly with a connection, for example: PDX-SFO & SFO-LIH, both legs should also have individual "X" fare availability as well so that you could book it.

Hawaii is one of the most popular destinations among US travelers this time so don't expect United to release "saver" availability to partner awards while they could easily sell those seats for high prices and make revenue.
Thank you for the help IST!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by D_Bo
Thank you for the help IST!
You're welcome
Old Jun 2, 2021, 4:07 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by gojko88
Pretty sure all of those are old cancellations (i.e. not last-minute, as one might think).
Interesting, thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 1:56 am

need advice

Dears,
I am trying to book return ticket MED-IST-ORN, however the cheapest fare I found is economy semi flexible and the prices are quite high and double compared to last year.
is there a chance that prices will drop in future ? is it like this for all destinations ? I mean in term of prices increase.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 2:09 am

This might have been discussed before, but can seat selections be made during online check in? Or is it randomly assigned with no option to change?
Also, is there a way to online check in passengers on different PNRs, so that seats can be assigned together (if random)?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by klanfa
This might have been discussed before, but can seat selections be made during online check in? Or is it randomly assigned with no option to change?
Also, is there a way to online check in passengers on different PNRs, so that seats can be assigned together (if random)?
If the PNR's are constituted solely by domestic flights, seats would be auto assigned randomly. If it was in the same PNR, you would have been getting seats together. You could override this by paying for seats at OLCI.

If the PNR's have at least one international flight, seat selection would be free during OLCI so you could sit together without paying anything. This also includes domestic segments in an international ticket.
klanfa likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:23 am

BinaxNOW antigen test

Has anyone had any issues with using the BinaxNOW test (not the over the counter ones) and checking in with TK?

Just booked a spur of the moment trip to Croatia and want all my bases covered in reference to this particular test and whether I should also look for a testing site in Zagreb as a possible back-up.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Jun 4, 2021 at 9:36 am
Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:55 pm

new to Miles & Smiles and want to make first award ticket

on my first award ticket (I want to make a Star Alliance award ticket), can I make the ticket for someone other than myself?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DebHartman65
on my first award ticket (I want to make a Star Alliance award ticket), can I make the ticket for someone other than myself?
Hi DebHartman65 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

If you would like to book an award for someone else, you would need to call in and book it through the phone.
It wouldn't let you do that online.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Bags would be checked through, however, in case of a delay on your SJJ-SAW flight you would have no protection.

A 1h transfer should be doable, however as you are on seperate tickets allow 1h30mins-1h45mins minimum
To follow up on this, I ended up flying SJJ-SAW and SAW-AYT on separate tickets, 1h45min scheduled between arrival-departure, bags were checked through.
I arrived at the AYT gate with about 10 minutes to spare before start of boarding, however I was in the first rows on the SJJ leg and I rushed once inside the terminal to get to the front of the customs/border control line. Everyone from the SJJ flight connecting to this AYT flight was directed to general customs/border control (not the "domestic connection" one), which made the procedure much more lengthy. AYT gate was 409, which seemed to be quite far away too.

Thanks again for the advice ISTFlyer , it was very much appreciated!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 7:57 am

I am trying to use TK miles to book an award ticket on LX. I see the availability on UA. Is there any trick to booking these using TK miles? I did the online search and called the reservation number and they only see TK flights. I looked at the Wiki on this thread (Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles) and emailed a few of the US sales/ticket offices. Only heard back from one and they told me to call reservation number for booking.

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nas6034
I am trying to use TK miles to book an award ticket on LX. I see the availability on UA. Is there any trick to booking these using TK miles? I did the online search and called the reservation number and they only see TK flights. I looked at the Wiki on this thread (Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles) and emailed a few of the US sales/ticket offices. Only heard back from one and they told me to call reservation number for booking.

Thanks.
Hang up and call again, it might be painful to get a knowledgable agent that could book *A awards.
Otherwise, visit a sales office in person if there is one closer to where you live.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Hi!

I found some availability on Expert Flyer for JFK-IST for biz class. Turkish Airlines has a terrible bug on their website where it won't let me create a Miles&Smiles account so I can't search it there. The availability doesn't show on other *A websites (Aeroplan, United). What's my best way to book this? Which *A carrier charges the least for that flight? I'd like to call them and feed them the flight numbers to see if they can book it. Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.