Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by flyerby
Not on an 1:30 flight.Go with 2A.
I apologise, I wasn't quite clear: I'm flying on a long-haul 787-9 (which has the IATA code 789), not on flight TK789. Any thoughts on 1A vs 2A on the 787-9 regarding footwell size vs. privacy?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Microwave
I apologise, I wasn't quite clear: I'm flying on a long-haul 787-9 (which has the IATA code 789), not on flight TK789. Any thoughts on 1A vs 2A on the 787-9 regarding footwell size vs. privacy?
No need to apologize as it was my fast reading that short circuited and ignored the fact the TK789 is usually served by 777.
The answer is more of a personal taste. For more comfortable sleep, I would go with 1A or if you don’t mind not having a window 1E or 1F (you will not be bothered by your neighbor or the aisle).
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by jasmians
We have 3 in economy for flight from DFW-IST. seat selection is available with $39 per person. Else seats will be assigned randomly 6 hours before the flight? any idea on how this works? Cant tell how full the flight is since not many people have paid to select seats yet.
Data point:
Two award tickets with different PNR. One passenger with TK Elite, the other with no status.
Tickets booked December 2021 directly with TK sales office.
Checked in exactly 24 hours in advance. Most seats were available for selection, almost nothing was selected/occupied at this early stage of check in.

Passenger with no status - TK automatically assigned seats and cannot change without paying additional fee.
Passenger with TK Elite - Free to choose any seat except for Emergency Exit Rows and Bassinet row.
yscleo and jasmians like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Typing this from aboard a TK 787-9, in seat 2A. As someone who values privacy greatly, I can confirm that I would personally rather have the slightly less private 1A in exchange for the larger footwell and extra at-seat storage next to the window. Just wanted to report back in case anyone else is in the same boat as me. 🙂
SCS likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Oops! 😬

Last edited by livitup; Jun 26, 2022 at 6:42 am Reason: Wrong forum…
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by livitup

or am I missing something entirely?
The first thing that you are missing is the you are on the wrong forum. This is the TK forum, please repost on the QR one.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:38 am

Scheduled to fly J on a A330-300 with 7 rows of 2-2-2 configured seats - not sure if there are different configurations.

Are there are misaligned window seats to be aware of on the A333?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Business class award ticket booked via UA. Aircraft changed to 77W (from 787) and now I'm not able to make seat selections (auto assigned middle and aisle..) Is this a known issue during aircraft swap? The message I'm receiving says I have to wait until check in to select seats..

Update: Found another thread mentioning it needs to be selected through the app. Bolded/underlined it on the Wiki as I missed it the first three times..

Last edited by frudd38; Jul 17, 2022 at 8:36 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I was able to snag 1E/F on the 787 bulkhead on an upcoming SFO-IST flight. Not sure if they are usually blocked, but it seemed like it was to me until I checked at the right time. Looking forward to see how the larger footwell helps.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

My AMS - IST flight has been changed from an A330-300 to an A330-200.

On turkishairlines.com the Business Class cabin is only showing as three rows of seats 2 x 2 x 2 for a total of 18 seats.

I cannot find any corresponding configuration on seatguru. Can anyone advise? Thx
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I am a long time TK flyer, but I just recently booked my first economy flight. Itinerary is CAI-IST-ATH. I am an ElitePlus member of Miles&Smiles. The flights are in Oct, so 2.5 months from now. When I try to choose my seats, it asks for a charge. Is this normal, even if I am an ElitePlus member?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
I am a long time TK flyer, but I just recently booked my first economy flight. Itinerary is CAI-IST-ATH. I am an ElitePlus member of Miles&Smiles. The flights are in Oct, so 2.5 months from now. When I try to choose my seats, it asks for a charge. Is this normal, even if I am an ElitePlus member?
Not any Y seat selection benefit for E or E+ members on TK.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by UAworldwide
Originally Posted by BobFF68
Not any Y seat selection benefit for E or E+ members on TK.
Incorrect, TK Elite and Elite Plus members get free standard seating ( except bulkhead and exit-row ) despite the fare they book on TK flights.
However, everyone needs to pay for seating on AnadoluJet flights.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Incorrect, TK Elite and Elite Plus members get free standard seating ( except bulkhead and exit-row ) despite the fare they book on TK flights.
However, everyone needs to pay for seating on AnadoluJet flights.
My bad, I did not check the updates, as I remember at the beginning of this thread elites were complaining about no benefit in this respect.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:16 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
Scheduled to fly J on a A330-300 with 7 rows of 2-2-2 configured seats - not sure if there are different configurations.

Are there are misaligned window seats to be aware of on the A333?
Did you take that flight already?

I have a similar question, I have a booking in November, on TK1587 (isn't it weird that it's a 4 digit flight number?) IST-FRA. It says A330-300 but when I try to select my seat, there are 7 rows of 2-2-2 but row 7 only has AB and DE. I looked at all the available seat maps and they all show only 5 rows in J for the A333....
I even checked their different A332 configs but none has 7 rows.

All I want is to avoid a windowless seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.