FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Is Global Entry worthwhile? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/917913-global-entry-worthwhile.html)

wilp888 May 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by lili (Post 16376400)
Have a new passport and went online to change the number. It immediately found me and put in the dates so ...

do I have to do anything else? Do I need that little CPB sticker in the back that no one's ever looked at?

Since you can't access the list of enrollment centers unless you have an open application I can't find out where to go to get the sticker anyway.

Feeback appreciated

Here is a list and map of all the enrollment centers: http://www.globalentry.gov/terminalmaps.html Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

FlyingDoctorwu May 16, 2011 7:18 am

Global Entry is totally worth it! We arrived IAD during the widebody rush on Saturday. Hit the taxiway at 1454. We were curbside at 1535. Including checked baggage, waiting for the moon buggy to fill up and a restroom stop. Long lines at all of the booths that we sailed past! Best benefit from my AMEX yet!

FDW

lili May 16, 2011 10:03 am

Originally Posted by wilp888 (Post 16376560)
Here is a list and map of all the enrollment centers: http://www.globalentry.gov/terminalmaps.html Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Thanks! A most useful link.

gallen5555 May 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by mesquite (Post 16349780)
You are so right. I did my first GE arrival yesterday. About 5 minutes total through LAX!

Was TBIT GE line well marked and easy to navigate, saw some earlier posts how disorganized it was and how one had to walk(cut) to the front of the line to get out. It was allegedly hard to tell where to go do with the crowds. What time of day did u clear.

charlie1944 May 17, 2011 2:35 pm

GE works fine

I (and my wife) have used GE in JFK, MIA, LAX and DFW. Never had an issue except TSA/Customs not being familiar enought with the process...ie, "what's this sir?" Have had that a couple of times. But is resolved quickly by other agents.

GoingAway May 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by charlie1944 (Post 16403224)
I (and my wife) have used GE in JFK, MIA, LAX and DFW. Never had an issue except TSA/Customs not being familiar enought with the process...ie, "what's this sir?" Have had that a couple of times. But is resolved quickly by other agents.

TSA is in no way involved with the program or process

milepig May 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway (Post 16403269)
TSA is in no way involved with the program or process

For now, but then someone will get a papercut from the receipt, it will be declared a potential WMD, and then we're off to the races.

mesquite May 18, 2011 4:50 am

Originally Posted by gallen5555 (Post 16402635)
Was TBIT GE line well marked and easy to navigate, saw some earlier posts how disorganized it was and how one had to walk(cut) to the front of the line to get out. It was allegedly hard to tell where to go do with the crowds. What time of day did u clear.

730 on a sat nite. Big signs saying GE this way after you clear machines. Not totally clear, but not bad. There was some confusion as there was a poster of a kiosk that was life size and from a distance it looked like the kiosk itself.

The 5 minutes was from getting to the machine to exiting customs. 2 min at the kiosk, 2 min walk, 1 min in line at customs.

N1120A May 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by milepig (Post 16403451)
For now, but then someone will get a papercut from the receipt, it will be declared a potential WMD, and then we're off to the races.

I doubt it. Those power hungry, abusive folks at CBP wouldn't want to give up anything.

rsh913 May 19, 2011 5:53 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

T1 at YYZ is allowing GE holders to use the nexus line (you don't use the nexus machine) but get to the begining of the long line. I found that out today after a 40 min wait for passport stamping. The CBP officer told me that they're expecting GE kiosks next month.
Good job cbp. I hate the wait at pearsons customs line.

GoingAway May 19, 2011 7:27 am

Originally Posted by rsh913 (Post 16413322)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

T1 at YYZ is allowing GE holders to use the nexus line (you don't use the nexus machine) but get to the begining of the long line. I found that out today after a 40 min wait for passport stamping. The CBP officer told me that they're expecting GE kiosks next month.

Great News!

rsh913 May 19, 2011 9:01 am

MrHalliday May 19, 2011 9:08 am

Originally Posted by mesquite (Post 16406617)
There was some confusion as there was a poster of a kiosk that was life size and from a distance it looked like the kiosk itself.

Ah...the old decoy GE Kiosk trick ! :D

mitch8002 May 19, 2011 9:11 am

It definitely is worthwhile! Coming back from CDG, I arrived at IAH to see at least 300 people in line at passport control. I by-passed them all, did my thing at the kiosks, got my ticket, picked up my bags, then by-passed everyone at customs. I was on my way to my car within 15 minutes after leaving the plane. ^

rsh913 May 19, 2011 9:11 am

Good job cbp. I hate pearsons customs line.