Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:51 pm

Wife and I both applied 4/2. Conditionally approved 4/12.

EDIT: That was fast - got two appointments that opened up for tomorrow, 4/15.

EDIT 2: Appointments done. We were actually about 5 minutes late (this is Miami time) and the sign on the door just says take a seat, we'll call you when ready. After about 10 minutes of sitting (wondering if we'd missed our slot), a CBP agent emerges "Who's got an appointment? <some hands go up> Ok what time is yours....and yours....and yours" Luckily, we had the earliest/next appointment time. Seemed like one or two were walk-ins. But I thought it was strange that he was definitely not going by any sort of list or schedule of who was booked when. You could seemingly walk in at any time and just SAY you have an appointment, at whatever time, and it seems they'll take you in. Bottom line, this seemed like very lax and unstructured office.

Last edited by Retale_88; Apr 15, 2013 at 8:56 pm
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec
Global entry program-processing time?

At NameCoin --- I have the same problem going on. Received my conditional approval on 4/11. Let me know if your link ever shows up. I may try my luck at a walk in attempt on Monday at PHL.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone ever had a blank piece of paper come out of the kiosk? Thankfully an agent was standing behind me when it happened and was just as confused as I was. Computer said I was "processed" but he still made me fill in a customs declaration, then he called IT
Old Apr 13, 2013, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pizzaman87
At NameCoin --- I have the same problem going on. Received my conditional approval on 4/11. Let me know if your link ever shows up. I may try my luck at a walk in attempt on Monday at PHL.
I called up one of the offices in Houston this morning, and the person who picked up the phone wasn't able to help me. He just suggested that I call the technical support line on Monday, which I might try doing. (I sent them an email, but I just now realised that it is probably better to call.)

Please post an update about the walk-in if you have the chance.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ScottC
Anyone ever had a blank piece of paper come out of the kiosk? Thankfully an agent was standing behind me when it happened and was just as confused as I was. Computer said I was "processed" but he still made me fill in a customs declaration, then he called IT
Not a blank paper, but the kiosk ate mine once. I could see it printing, but there was a gap under the printer and the paper curled under and never came out the slot. Couldn't get to it.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec

Will do NameCoin! I may try and call technical support on Monday morning as well.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:39 am

Another data point:

Applied: 4/3
Approved: 4/14 (yes, on a Sunday)
Interview scheduled: Atlanta on 4/16

I was surprised there was such an early appt available. The next one isn't until late May.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by PeteyNice
... I was surprised there was such an early appt available. The next one isn't until late May.
I suspect you were lucky and caught a recent cancellation.

But congratulations on the find!!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Submitted Application - 3/24
Initial Approval - 4/3
Interview @ JFK - 4/14

Interview was a non-event. Only asked to see my passport, took my fingerprints, explained the system. Confirmed information I provided previously, and asked whether travel was for pleasure or work. JFK seemed heavily staffed - there were 3 agents doing nothing while I was there (perhaps worth a shot if you're trying to get a walk-in appointment).

I did overhear a conversation regarding a Global Entry member being tossed from the program for 'being caught' with an apple. She had used the kiosk, which asks if you have any of produce, but absentmindedly replied 'No' to that question. Remember to eat that apple on the plane.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:59 pm

Interview today at IAD...a non-event as other posters stated. Approved. ^

Overheard an officer on the phone with someone trying to schedule an interview, presumably before a big international trip. The officer said that at IAD they do 125 interviews a day and that they had 7,000 currently scheduled!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by shablamb
I did overhear a conversation regarding a Global Entry member being tossed from the program for 'being caught' with an apple.
Wow that's so rigid
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Wow that's so rigid
At my interview it was stressed that GE was a zero tolerance program. And any violations, regardless of how minor, would not be tolerated.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: WN

Interviewed and approved at JFK last Monday. Officer at JFK said that they do walk-ins as available (I was several hours early). They also have a huge number of slots available on short notice.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by shablamb
I did overhear a conversation regarding a Global Entry member being tossed from the program for 'being caught' with an apple.
The officer actually used this specific example when talking to me. And the intro video shows a man's luggage being searched and found to contain apples (as an example of a violation). They must be being lobbied hard by the domestic apple industry...
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by glennaa11
I think mine took somewhere around a week. I wonder if it matters whether or not you've had other government background checks in the past. I work for the US gov't and had a background check done a couple of years ago as part of my job so I wonder if I am in a file that can be accessed by the GE reviewer.
Supposedly USG security clearance makes no difference. However, I assume that having one means your background is generally acceptable, meaning there is less chance of a red flag popping up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.