Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Great. Some may prefer to play on Labor Day instead of an interview.
The trick is keep on trying and you might get lucky. I was able to reschedule from 12/3 to 11/26 to 10/6 to 9/4 in 3 days. Good luck everyone.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Thought I'd add my data point here. Indian citizen with US LPR card.
Applied: Monday, August 28, 2017.
Conditional approval: Friday, September 1, 2017.

Now I have tentatively scheduled my appointment at Hartford BDL on 10 Feb 2018. Any idea how and if I can get an earlier appointment? Also anyone had luck with Walkins at BDL? I'm traveling to Den next week so I can try my luck with walk in there, anyone had walkin success at DEN?

Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:50 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ksingh0311
Any idea how and if I can get an earlier appointment? Also anyone had luck with Walkins at BDL? I'm traveling to Den next week so I can try my luck with walk in there, anyone had walkin success at DEN?
Please refer to the following threads:
In addition, please check the GOES site frequently, preferably during the hours that the enrollment center where you want to have your interview is open, as cancellations do happen. There are many reports of individuals obtaining much earlier appointments than originally scheduled.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 2, 2017 at 10:58 am
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Update on the data set of my wife's application (Boston)

Applied: 8/14
Conditionally Approved: 8/28
Interview Scheduled: 9/4 at BOS
Arrived at BOS GE office and waited for about 1 minutes. The interview lasted for about 5 minutes. Approval email came a few minutes after that. Very smooth.

Thank you for all the tips and good luck!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:07 pm

I stalked this forum when I was trying to figure out how to get my son Global Entry with extenuating circumstances - under 18 so I had to be at the interview, our home was in MS with no CBP office in the state at that time, attending boarding school in Michigan a thousand miles away, he was spending spring break (the only opportunity we had to get the interview in time for his trip to Europe) in LA and no interviews available for months at Long Beach or LAX - and it helped so much and we were able work it out.

I finally renewed my passport and applied for Global Entry myself and the universe must be making up for what all we had to go through for my son.

Applied: 8/31
Conditional Approval: 9/4
Interviewed/Approved: 9/6 (and that was only because the office is closed on Tues.)

If you are having problems getting an interview come to Gulfport, Mississippi - seems nobody knows it is there

And I want a trophy for being start to finish under a week!!!!
Save
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:24 am

Finally got my conditional approval today. I had applied on July 11th, so took a full 2 months... I also emailed CBP twice, last time was last week, not sure if that eventually helped or not.

Now need to figure out where I can get in for an interview quickly as Cleveland, which is where I am has the first available dates in Dec!!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Nickarooney
I stalked this forum when I was trying to figure out how to get my son Global Entry with extenuating circumstances - under 18 so I had to be at the interview, our home was in MS with no CBP office in the state at that time, attending boarding school in Michigan a thousand miles away, he was spending spring break (the only opportunity we had to get the interview in time for his trip to Europe) in LA and no interviews available for months at Long Beach or LAX - and it helped so much and we were able work it out.

I finally renewed my passport and applied for Global Entry myself and the universe must be making up for what all we had to go through for my son.

Applied: 8/31
Conditional Approval: 9/4
Interviewed/Approved: 9/6 (and that was only because the office is closed on Tues.)

If you are having problems getting an interview come to Gulfport, Mississippi - seems nobody knows it is there

And I want a trophy for being start to finish under a week!!!!
Save
I'm having trouble following your story. Are you saying there wasn't a CPB office anywhere in MS and then suddenly there was one in Gulfport?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I'm having trouble following your story. Are you saying there wasn't a CPB office anywhere in MS and then suddenly there was one in Gulfport?
The Global Entry office in Gulfport is new - it just opened this year and it is the only one in the state. We couldn't utilize it for my son's application, but I was able to use it for mine. Even after being open for several months it is still extremely underutilized. As in, almost every appointment is open for current dates with absolutely no wait.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:41 pm

FAST Time

Applied 9-11
Conditional Approval Received 9-15
Appt Scheduled for 9-21 (Gulfport, Miss - NOW ATLANTA)

Wanted Atlanta as its a couple hours closer. Could have scheduled for 9-19 in Gulfport which would have been 8 days from application to appt. Couldnt make it till the 21st due to work conflicts.

Dont know if it makes a difference but I was already TSA Pre for the last few years.

EDIT: By checking the GOES site over the last several hours an appt became available at the Atlanta Airport location on 9-21. I snagged it right away saving me 4+ hours of drive time. All the advice in this forum about continuing to check for alternate dates/times is 100% accurate. Thanks to everyone who suggested this.

Last edited by DRC_40; Sep 16, 2017 at 9:43 am Reason: Updated Appt Schedule
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:19 am

Applied 9-11
Cond approval 9-15
Interview 9-21

Originally booked interview for Gulfport but by checking the GOES site was able to change to Atlanta. Saved me 4+ hours total drive time.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:40 am

Just got my Approval.

Applied: 4-21-17
Cond Approval: 5-16-17
Interview: 9-19-17
Approval: 9-20-17

For anyone concerned about criminal history, I have multiple infractions from my college days, all alcohol related (poss. of alcohol, open container as a passenger, consumption of alcohol), driving while suspended, along with 1 arrest for public intoxication 14 years ago. I put all of this in the application and got conditionally approved. Had my interview last night that took 5 minutes. The officer scanned my passport, scanned my fingerprints, and asked if I traveled international often (this question seemed to be asked to determine if he had to explain how the program worked).

He then asked 3 other questions, if I had ever been charged with a crime in Canada or Mexico (no), arrested in Canada or Mexico (no), and if I had ever been arrested in the US. He seemed surprised when I answered yes to the last one, as if he hadn't even read my file. He asked how long ago and what for, and I told him public intoxication, 14 years ago, he kind of laughed and asked if it was football game related. He then said that probably wouldn't be a problem as long as that was the only arrest. They send the fingerprints out somewhere, he said he didn't know where but suspected it was at different locations. They check for arrests, send him the info back, and he approves it.

I got my approval this morning. Based on my conversation, it sounds like when you go through this process with a criminal record, you will need to think back to any time you have been fingerprinted for a crime, because that will come back. Seems like that is what sets up the red flags.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:35 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

This is the thread in which to share data points and ask questions about the processing time for approving Global Entry applications.

If you wish to discuss what @nsummy shared about his criminal history and its effect on his GE application, please do so in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by DRC_40
Applied 9-11
Conditional Approval Received 9-15
Appt Scheduled for 9-21 (Gulfport, Miss - NOW ATLANTA)

Wanted Atlanta as its a couple hours closer. Could have scheduled for 9-19 in Gulfport which would have been 8 days from application to appt. Couldnt make it till the 21st due to work conflicts.

Dont know if it makes a difference but I was already TSA Pre for the last few years.

EDIT: By checking the GOES site over the last several hours an appt became available at the Atlanta Airport location on 9-21. I snagged it right away saving me 4+ hours of drive time. All the advice in this forum about continuing to check for alternate dates/times is 100% accurate. Thanks to everyone who suggested this.
Interviewed today (9/21) lasted 10 minutes. Asked a few questions like name, DOB, address, ever been arrested, etc. Took photo and prints. By the time I got back to my car approval email was sent. 10 days from app to approval. YAY!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: AA Exec. Plat; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Diamond
Thumbs up Got lucky in ATL

Applied: 9-11-17
Conditional Approval: 9-20-17

The first available appointment at one ATL location was in mid December, the other ATL location was early January. Tentatively booked for mid December.

Refreshed the scheduling counter fairly often on 9-22 and boom, available appointment came open for 9-27.

Interview: 9-27-17
Approval: Before I got to the parking lot.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:37 am

Applied: 9/16/17
Conditional Approval: 9/29/17

Scheduled interview for 10/1/17 in Blaine, WA. No Seatac availability until mid November, and no Boeing Field openings until February 2018. If you're in Seattle the Blaine location is really a great option; it's only 1.5-2 hrs away and it's open on weekends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.