Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cannot update passport / driver license in TTP website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot update passport / driver license in TTP website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:56 pm

Hi folks -

I've heard from our Passport Agency, Peninsula Visa and Passport Services that others are having this problem too. We're not unique but I wonder if any found a solution.

I have messages to the DHS support folks and left a message with the SFO Global Entry Enrollment Center.

When I log in to the DHS website to update my newly renewed passport information (issued June 19, 2021) , go to the update documents section, and enter my new passport information (yes, I'm doing it correctly), I get the error message: "We are unable to verify your document. Please correct your document information and click Submit". Needless to say this is quite frustrating. I've tried doing it with Edge, Chrome, and Firefox browsers and get the same error message.

Can anyone provide insight on this?

Worse case I guess my wife and I can stop by the Enrollment center in SEA airport when we board our flight to return home after our September cruise. Our local airport STS doesn't have an enrollment facility and SFO is at least 1 1/2 hours away.

Regards,
Bill Finkelstein
Old Jun 25, 2021, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by RaptorBill
Hi folks -

I've heard from our Passport Agency, Peninsula Visa and Passport Services that others are having this problem too. We're not unique but I wonder if any found a solution.

I have messages to the DHS support folks and left a message with the SFO Global Entry Enrollment Center.

When I log in to the DHS website to update my newly renewed passport information (issued June 19, 2021) , go to the update documents section, and enter my new passport information (yes, I'm doing it correctly), I get the error message: "We are unable to verify your document. Please correct your document information and click Submit". Needless to say this is quite frustrating. I've tried doing it with Edge, Chrome, and Firefox browsers and get the same error message.

Can anyone provide insight on this?

Worse case I guess my wife and I can stop by the Enrollment center in SEA airport when we board our flight to return home after our September cruise. Our local airport STS doesn't have an enrollment facility and SFO is at least 1 1/2 hours away.

Regards,
Bill Finkelstein
If you read the comments here, you'll see this is a common problem. Reports are that it can take multiple weeks from the time a passport is issued until the GE or NEXUS systems will recognize it as valid.
mnbp and txviking like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:24 am

I did look for posts on the subject - but couldn't find anything relevant

Originally Posted by anabolism
If you read the comments here, you'll see this is a common problem. Reports are that it can take multiple weeks from the time a passport is issued until the GE or NEXUS systems will recognize it as valid.
I used search, I looked around, and could only find folks having issues with the enrollment basics. I couldn't find anything relevant to this issue. So if there are comments about the GE site not recognizing new passports for weeks, it wasn't easily findable.

The only thing even close were suggestions to try different browsers.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I used search, I looked around, and could only find folks having issues with the enrollment basics. I couldn't find anything relevant to this issue. So if there are comments about the GE site not recognizing new passports for weeks, it wasn't easily findable.

The only thing even close were suggestions to try different browsers.
I'm posting from my phone, so it's hard to multi quote.

Take a look at posts numbered 48, 50, 53 and 54.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:35 am

Ahaa!

Originally Posted by TWA884
I'm posting from my phone, so it's hard to multi quote.

Take a look at posts numbered 48, 50, 53 and 54.
Thanks. That was the info I was looking for.
By your screen name I see you have a fondness for TWA. That was my 2nd favorite airline (after Pan AM) back before they both went belly up. I had 1 Million plus miles on both of them (Along with Braniff, Eastern, and American).
Cheers!
Bill

Last edited by RaptorBill; Jun 26, 2021 at 9:42 am Reason: correcting typo
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:19 pm

Failure to Update Address for Global Entry / Renewal

I am in the process of renewal my Global Entry and just realized that I failed to update my address during the last two years of the five year period. Should I just make the adjustments with the renewal application? Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Thanks so much!
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
In the same boat as quite a few others so I have a question. I can't update my passport online and I get the same error to go to an enrollment center. I leave the country tomorrow so going to an enrollment center isn't possible with a 6am flight. Can I use the "Global Entry Upon Arrival" scheme when I return to the US to have them update my profile with the new passport info? I don't know if GEUA is only for interviews or if they'll do simple tasks like updating passport info.

I'm also hearing a few reports that the new passport "just works" at the GE kiosk. But I'd rather have it updated in the GE system so I don't have problems in the future. With int'l travel coming back to life I'll likely be using my GE quite often again.

Thanks,
-RM
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
In the same boat as quite a few others so I have a question. I can't update my passport online and I get the same error to go to an enrollment center. I leave the country tomorrow so going to an enrollment center isn't possible with a 6am flight. Can I use the "Global Entry Upon Arrival" scheme when I return to the US to have them update my profile with the new passport info? I don't know if GEUA is only for interviews or if they'll do simple tasks like updating passport info.

I'm also hearing a few reports that the new passport "just works" at the GE kiosk. But I'd rather have it updated in the GE system so I don't have problems in the future. With int'l travel coming back to life I'll likely be using my GE quite often again.

Thanks,
-RM
Not sure, but be sure to take your Global Entry card if you try updating via GEUA.

FWIW, I finally got the GE website to update our passport information, 5 weeks after our passports were reissued. So it appears that the GE database is only updated from the passport database about once a month. Pretty pathetic in this day and age.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
After all my information remaining unchanged from 2014 through 2020, I have several changes to make in 2021. New citizenship, two new passports, new driver license, removal of green card, even a minor name change. However, NEXUS offices are still closed. Can GE offices make these updates even for NEXUS members, or do I simply need to wait until I can get to an actual NEXUS office? (I suspect a GE office update might not update databases on the Canadian side.)
Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Can I use the "Global Entry Upon Arrival" scheme when I return to the US to have them update my profile with the new passport info? I don't know if GEUA is only for interviews or if they'll do simple tasks like updating passport info.
I would guess so, but I don't have solid info either way. I've been unable to update my passport info for a couple of months; I called an enrollment center and they told me I can just walk in without an appointment and explain that I only need my passport number updated (I haven't had time yet to do).

Even though I haven't been able to update my GE info, my new passport nevertheless worked in GE kiosks twice, so I figure I can be patient while waiting for the systems to eventually synch up.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:56 am

I just renewed my passport and I'm trying to update the new passport info on the TTP site, but keep getting this message: "We were unable to verify your document. Please correct your document information and click Submit. Note: If your name or date of birth on your new document does not match the name or date of birth displayed or if the information you entered is correct, please visit an enrollment center to update your document information." There was no name change, just a new passport number and dates. Why would this happen and what do I do? What kind of appointment would I request at an enrollment center?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by msc75
I just renewed my passport and I'm trying to update the new passport info on the TTP site, but keep getting this message: "We were unable to verify your document. Please correct your document information and click Submit. Note: If your name or date of birth on your new document does not match the name or date of birth displayed or if the information you entered is correct, please visit an enrollment center to update your document information." There was no name change, just a new passport number and dates. Why would this happen and what do I do? What kind of appointment would I request at an enrollment center?
Try again to go back through the page-by-page edit function. When I just went through the renewal steps, it initially said there were 'errors' on the passport/document page even though the information was accurate, but I was able to walk through the review process on each page and re-save and it was fine, but I was using an existing passport.

If that doesn't work, and if it isn't inconvenient, I would suggest just popping by the GE office at your airport to see if they can help you. Years ago, when we needed to update my husband's GE record to shift from his green card to his new passport (after he got his citizenship), we were able to stop by a GE office while transiting at an airport and they took care of it for him without an appointment.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Not sure, but be sure to take your Global Entry card if you try updating via GEUA.

FWIW, I finally got the GE website to update our passport information, 5 weeks after our passports were reissued. So it appears that the GE database is only updated from the passport database about once a month. Pretty pathetic in this day and age.
Originally Posted by anabolism
I would guess so, but I don't have solid info either way. I've been unable to update my passport info for a couple of months; I called an enrollment center and they told me I can just walk in without an appointment and explain that I only need my passport number updated (I haven't had time yet to do).

Even though I haven't been able to update my GE info, my new passport nevertheless worked in GE kiosks twice, so I figure I can be patient while waiting for the systems to eventually synch up.
Quick update on this.

1. When I arrived via IAH all the GE kiosk did was take a photo of my face and spit out a receipt. No passport scan, no fingerprint scan. However, after that I then had to see an agent who checked my passport and waived me through. The receipt showed my new passport number on it --- likely transmitted from the airline because my flight info was also on it. I inquired about updating my passport details and he told me that lanes 3 & 4 can handle that.

2. Went down to lanes 3 & 4, waited in line for about 20 minutes and then got helped by an agent. I told him the online system wouldn't let me update the info and he said he's been getting that a lot lately. He took my GE card (I had it with me specifically in case the passport didn't work) and my new passport. It was done within 3 minutes. So, yes, you can use GEUA to update your passport.

Note: I think IAH does things differently. My friend flew back from the same international origin a few days before me and went through DEN where they had to scan their passport and fingerprints.

-RM
txviking likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by msc75
Give it some days — or maybe even up to 3.5 weeks — for DHS and State to line up on a new passport and then try updating the passport info on the DHS site. If needing the update for the new passport to be recognized earlier or if it still doesn’t take, then it can be done in-person when dealing with CBP.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Give it some days or maybe even up to 3.5 weeks for DHS and State to line up on a new passport and then try updating the passport info on the DHS site. If needing the update for the new passport to be recognized earlier or if it still doesnt take, then it can be done in-person when dealing with CBP.
To add to this, the OP can go to an enrollment center without an appointment to make these changes. As in they dont have to come back from abroad to do it.
txviking likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.